A thought

Poseidon67
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Galaxy: Epsilon

Re: A thought

Postby Poseidon67 » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 19:47

Many of the current 100 FTW members HAVE been on the opposite side of the fence in an almost identical situation on Delta server and in the end we prevailed.
Doubtful although I can't 100% verify as I only play Epsilon but I am aware that we are the only ones to make it to this type of end game so I believe that shoots that comment out of the water.
FTW now has less than half the total members that they used to have. 150 less players than we had with ftw/red combined, 250 less than we had with flood/ark combined.
And you were going where with this? You have less members and - 1 Billion fleet which again I point out was just trimming off the fodder so again for FTW nothing has really changed your still holding all the cards.
Except that they aren't already "defeated." The 150 former FTW players have been on the winning side for the past year or more and still have prod queues filled for a long time with derbs from the last crash. But regardless, yes, that is how the game is played.
If You, Godlike, Soso, Salsa split into separate guilds I'd agree but you didn't which is another reason I say BS to the helping the server you helped your self's other wise the servers "Leaders" wouldn't still be in the same guild refusing to kill each other but willing to kill others that have been guild mates for years. It still boils down to you wanted to keep the server interesting for you play, you set free game for the continued hunt that is all lol
On the contrary, zerg FTW had superb activity during the last blob crash against swag. I was shocked at how much fleet launched on time when they were supposed to.
During 1 launch which really in the end didn't count for much because SWAG was already a beaten target that knew that they stood no chance. Please tell me you were as pleased with all the other launches....not from you but I remember the announcements posted at the time and they were not ones of happiness.

- Poseidon67 - Epsilon [DMTNT] -Out of retirement
- Sajuuk's Wrath - Andromeda [SMURF] - Retired - Centauri - [FAT] - Retired - Quantum {^S^} / [BACON] - Sigma [Ash]
Ephesians
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Ephesians » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 03:50

And you were going where with this? You have less members and - 1 Billion fleet which again I point out was just trimming off the fodder so again for FTW nothing has really changed your still holding all the cards.
Check the history charts. Before the split FTW had over 9b fleet and that didn't include RED who had another 4b at the time (not counting the additional 4b BLUE players who merged). so in reality, RED/FTW now not only has 150 less players (250 if you count BLUE) but also 4b less fleet (8b if you count BLUE). And its not like those players/fleets just vanished, they will eventually be "on the other side of the scale."

If You, Godlike, Soso, Salsa split into separate guilds I'd agree but you didn't which is another reason I say BS to the helping the server you helped your self's other wise the servers "Leaders" wouldn't still be in the same guild refusing to kill each other but willing to kill others that have been guild mates for years. It still boils down to you wanted to keep the server interesting for you play, you set free game for the continued hunt that is all lol
Ok for starters, Soso has been an inactive simmer and had 0 part in leadership or anything for over a year due to health issues, but that is irrelevant, I get the point of your post regardless. Isn't it ironic how you criticize us for being "willing to kill others that have been guild mates for years" when just one sentence before that, you suggest we co-GMs break ties and kill each other... our CLOSEST in game friends from the start?

Poseidon67
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Poseidon67 » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 15:22

Ephesians wrote:
Check the history charts. Before the split FTW had over 9b fleet and that didn't include RED who had another 4b at the time (not counting the additional 4b BLUE players who merged). so in reality, RED/FTW now not only has 150 less players (250 if you count BLUE) but also 4b less fleet (8b if you count BLUE). And its not like those players/fleets just vanished, they will eventually be "on the other side of the scale."

I was talking FTW in and of itself being 10bil, I understand there is still the numbers yet un-seen as they are in ques but I'd think this peace will last long enough for those ships to be of any use unless we are holding this peace for an entire year which obviously isn't going to happen.

Also take into consideration the number of players that have quit or suicided their fleets while ARK was going on

Ok for starters, Soso has been an inactive simmer and had 0 part in leadership or anything for over a year due to health issues, but that is irrelevant, I get the point of your post regardless. Isn't it ironic how you criticize us for being "willing to kill others that have been guild mates for years" when just one sentence before that, you suggest we co-GMs break ties and kill each other... our CLOSEST in game friends from the start?
I don't find any irony in it, and I apologies I was not aware of what was going on with Soso. I criticize you guys for claiming you were doing some thing good for the server and not taking it far enough to actually be good for the server. You were willing to break loyalty of several hundred players (give or take...some were always questionable) and just recreated a power block of close friends....which I come back to our talk about numbers and fleets.

I'd hazard a guess that you could with the group in FTW manage to launch on time with atleast 85% or more of your fleet power....I would guess so hi for any of the small 2 bil guilds that are on the other side of the fence.

I don't deny that a smaller force could potentially take on the 9 bil of FTW at the moment however when our own inactivity within those guilds is taken into consideration there is no way with you guys having hand picked some of the best players in the game some who were and some that weren't in FTW ever.

I just understand what you were hoping was going to happen to help the server.....we all lined up in FLOOD and ARK and you picked every athletic kid in the group and left all the fatties/geeks/normal kids to form a team.

Just to be clear I'm not pushing for an explanation, doesn't matter in the end, hell you might not even know who I am just some guy rambling on the forums however I don't want this veil of helpfulness shroud over what happened....it was dirty and sucked crap and in the end changed nothing. The saving point that has been tried to use for this event of "well they could merge together and become a force to reckon" is BS as was already pointed out there just isn't enough kick left in the server or the people that weren't picked as a whole (hence why they weren't picked) to gather enough care to do so, I'm sure an attempt will be made and I'll be right there involved but in the end I don't really see a possibility of success.

- Poseidon67 - Epsilon [DMTNT] -Out of retirement
- Sajuuk's Wrath - Andromeda [SMURF] - Retired - Centauri - [FAT] - Retired - Quantum {^S^} / [BACON] - Sigma [Ash]
Mafiozos BiB
Guild: FTW

Postby Mafiozos BiB » Wed 27 Jun, 2012 17:04

@Ephesians. I respect you and all FTW leaders,and you know it, FTW gave me many derbs and many friends..

the split was an okey move. i dont mind.

but the thing that many ppl have in mind (me too) is that you and other ppl are in top ranks thanks to me and many other players,koz we helped you protect your stack,we helped you win big wars. we run into any enemy we were ordered to..
and you helped us make better accounts..

but now.. is like you saying.."hey peeps,thnx for the help,was fun,now its your time to die" :P

ofc,that doesnt mean anything,koz me and many more are willing to fight to protect their friends and their empires..

i want to test all top ranked players..to see if the lvls they have are from their skills..or their meatshields during fights..:P

some will say i talk BS, but thats how i and few others feel.. and it might be better if FTW had less bils.. koz they have more skills..thats y they were selected to be in FTW. so numbers wont be a problem right? :P

i never post or talk about things,,i'm just bored right now..simming is a hard job!!

so.. hello to all friends in FTW. and SiN. :P and happy hunting to everyone!!

Ephesians
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Ephesians » Thu 28 Jun, 2012 05:39

As I always say, just because we are opponents does not mean we have to be enemies. Most of my best allies in Epsilon were my server long rivals in Delta.

Mafiozos BiB

Postby Mafiozos BiB » Thu 28 Jun, 2012 17:51

true, and agreed. as i said,was a good move. the only move if you like.:P

Ericho
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Galaxy: Helion

Postby Ericho » Fri 29 Jun, 2012 09:26

Shark wrote:In short, FTW leadership doesn't want to fight each other, and is fairly comfortable with the situation at hand.
How soon we forget Red had a majority vote to drop pact with FTW and attack them... and unknown to FTW leadership at that until I came over and visited and jaw dropping said WTF!

DPR

A wise man learns from others mistakes, while a fool only learns from his own.
Shark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Shark » Sat 30 Jun, 2012 03:15

Ericho wrote:
Shark wrote:In short, FTW leadership doesn't want to fight each other, and is fairly comfortable with the situation at hand.
How soon we forget Red had a majority vote to drop pact with FTW and attack them... and unknown to FTW leadership at that until I came over and visited and jaw dropping said WTF!

DPR
Things change. A lot has happened since then, and though a RED/FTW war might have been interesting, it didn't have enough support, so it didn't happen. The present situation was instead agreed upon as a viable alternative, and all of FTW leadership is content with it.

Ericho
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Ericho » Sat 30 Jun, 2012 04:48

Nothing happened between that vote and the Ark debacle, except secret talks that the easiest thing to do would be create a guild of the top 100 and farm the server.. calling it a way to balance the server.

Just debating the statement that FTW leadership was loyal to each other.

It's funny how loyalty is bought in the game. Jezbuck with upgrades, DQ with avatars... yet also convenient to pretend like loyalty doesn't exist in a game like this. I think it's a sad existence when the 1's and 0's become more important than the friendships created. An enemy can always become a friend, but a friend who chooses to become an enemy will never be my friend again.

I'm sure there are as many people who are staying in FTW because they are afraid to be a target of them, as their are people loyal to FTW leadership. Just ask yourself if and when FTW destroys the server, what will be the next act to "balance the server"? Let me tell you from experience your loyalty means nothing to them.

Just a few little known facts: During the E29 blob war, DMTNT was supposed to betray FTW. There was a plan in place with sin leadership and DMTNT leadership to switch JG's(Joss's JG in 29) with the blob on it, and DMTNT members would be told to rejoin DMTNT and FTW would be slaughtered. Joss and I decided not to betray FTW, and even though we lost, FTW probably would've never been the same had we made that move.

During the 17 blob war, Salsashark wanted to abandon the blob and leave every man for themselves. We were outnumbered in many ways, but we had the defensive and activity advantage. I talked Salsa into staying it out, and although he did, you should all know his fleet is his number one priority, and all of you are just a tool for his advancement.

With the merger of DMTNT into FTW, Jezbuck agreed that Joss and I would become GM's of FTW. That never happened, very rarely were we consulted on issues and basically were just regarded as vgm's.

The integrity of said FTW leadership is not deserving of your loyalty, or your efforts to feed their ego's that they are the dominant force on the server.

I believe in karma, and I hope to see karma become a huge bi... soon on Epsilon. If not karma for FTW, karma for you for following them along the way.

DPR

WallE

Postby WallE » Sat 30 Jun, 2012 10:35

I think a good part of the reason FTW doesnt want to give up the #1 spot is due to them accomplishing something that has really only been done once before by HeiHo, except it isnt an utter zerg guild, essentially winning the server. they proved it could be done, and did it with style. now leaving it to the rest of the server to step up, and make it a challenge to keep it lively, to equalize the server. FTW is far from untouchable. If four of the top guilds (excluding SWAGA) allied, and zerged, it would result in 10.3bil fleet, from just under 250 players, and would be capable of giving FTW a run for their money. The server is far from dead. it requires work from everyone to stay alive. some people will have to get off their simming butts, and get active though.

Ericho
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Ericho » Sat 30 Jun, 2012 11:33

Funny how the human mind can believe what it wants to, despite reality.

Let me ask you this. How many fleets not in FTW are capable of one shotting any one of the top 3 levi fleets in FTW?

Hell, take those top 3 levi fleets and put them against the 101-300 fleet ranked players on epsi combined. What would the ratios be?

Stop justifying the move and stop acting like it's a fair fight.

Mafiozos BiB

Postby Mafiozos BiB » Sat 30 Jun, 2012 13:08

The only bad thing FTW made was to accept BLUE in the guild..

I fought for FTW..and even if i'm not in.. i hate seeing noobs having the tag..

Plus... now FTW gained more inactivity..and the members arent trusting eachother..

the original FTW members wont play Epsi that much now...only those who love ranks and numbers.:P

Elvis7
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Epsilon - FTW

Postby Elvis7 » Sat 30 Jun, 2012 18:50

Mafiozos BiB wrote:The only bad thing FTW made was to accept BLUE in the guild..

I fought for FTW..and even if i'm not in.. i hate seeing noobs having the tag..

Plus... now FTW gained more inactivity..and the members arent trusting eachother..

the original FTW members wont play Epsi that much now...only those who love ranks and numbers.:P
You should test us and then you will see the outcome :)

DPR> what's up with that? Why are you talking now? You need proofs man and even that wont help you much cuz you are too late! Ir shows also your skills as a leader.. Trying to disrespect others or trying to mention other great leaders wont make you a better leader/person.. :S
During the 17 blob war, Salsashark wanted to abandon the blob and leave every man for themselves. We were outnumbered in many ways, but we had the defensive and activity advantage. I talked Salsa into staying it out, and although he did, you should all know his fleet is his number one priority, and all of you are just a tool for his advancement.
1. Good boy!! Well done! :)

2. Hahah, Salsa is a Legend.. do you have a problem with it? We want our leaders to be top ranked on this server.. that's our motto! :)

You write too much on this forum instead or trying to make a good plan how to kill us.. come on.. we are waiting on your next move!! :) You can keep trying to blame FTW but it wont help you.. make some productive! You cant kill us with words we are too damn good at it and we have our facts/stats on our side.. Everything what you do or say will be used against YOU!

Ericho
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Ericho » Sat 30 Jun, 2012 19:59

I just recently rediscovered the forums, and this thread. Otherwise I might not have put my 2 cents in.

What exactly do you want evidence about? I'm sure if you ask they will tell you. I can dig up conversations if I need to.

Salsa is a legend? He's barely top 20 xp, and a lot of that is probably from killing inactives.

I love how you talk crap when you have every advantage. Stick to making charts DB..

DPR

Carnage 101
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [RED]/[FTW]/[CFF]

Postby Carnage 101 » Sat 30 Jun, 2012 21:35

Ericho wrote:I just recently rediscovered the forums, and this thread. Otherwise I might not have put my 2 cents in.

What exactly do you want evidence about? I'm sure if you ask they will tell you. I can dig up conversations if I need to.

Salsa is a legend? He's barely top 20 xp, and a lot of that is probably from killing inactives.

I love how you talk crap when you have every advantage. Stick to making charts DB..

DPR
You've always been a hot head. Shouting and raging before ever thinking. We've always been for activity and thats who is currently in the guild. Because the server kept crying about the unfairness and imbalance even among those within FTW that this was done. Combined the server has greater economy, fleet numbers and except for Eph the other top Levi stacks are around 500. Are you trying to tell me that there is no one who can use a HC/BS combo to kill of these fleet on the server? Especially the ones who were not included in the reformed FTW?

There are a lot of things in the past that played out and that's why FTW had more than one GM and still does to counter any seemingly bad decisions. If you look it has worked to where we are today.

You wanted leadership, well now you are a leader in your newly formed DMTNT. Run it the way you wan't. Instead of crying about what might have been and what could have been, you have your choices presented to you. You have many other guilds around the server ally and plan out, after all isn't that what comes naturally to a good GM? Afraid of the Levis then build some BS to counter, after all you all do have the prod capacities.

Stop trying to put everyone on a guilt trip. That won't work. We play the game cause we like to and we play the game to win. When there is no challenge we create it. Do you think i would have been heart broken over not being in FTW lol. I simply would have planned how I was going to survive and grow while pming my friends in the game or through MSN or something similar.

Wonder if you've broken up your former friendships when playing Risk or Chess. How dare anyone play against you... over 1's and 0's lol. As always your rants are emotionally driven and thats why you were kicked out of RED when you started your rant there abusing everyone like it was the end of the world. Objections were noted and even Jez contributed his opinion. Yours was just random abuse and was not really constructive.

After hearing things out we voted and, motion to fight against FTW was not supported. Salsa respected our decision and when the the echoes of a dead server were heard by more FTW members themselves an alternate decision was reached.

We reduced our numbers to a hundred active driven to win members. These are all members who grew and continue to grow their accounts to be competitive. Had we wanted to screw the server we could have simply lined everyone up and derbed them. The server wants a chance to come back alive well here it is. At a 2+:1 advantage for you guys your numbers should be able to counter our sizes. More amount of time you have the greater the advantage turns in your favor. If you can't play the game then its time to retire. Cause win or lose here we come.

Anyone who told you to be yourself couldn't have given you worse advice.

Return to “Epsilon”