A thought

b-west

A thought

Postby b-west » Wed 13 Jun, 2012 20:37

Just a thought, a spicy thought at that, but in all liklihood one that would never happen because it would require the guild with a clear advantage and no reason to give that up to do so, the only reason I can think of would be the impending boredom of what's to come.

minus a few outliers, everyone in the top 200 fleets are aligned. No one wants to give up their fleet advantage and no one wants to hurt each other feelings because everyone has spent the past few years building to get to this place on the backs of our "enemies". now there's no one left, trust me, I know. I hit 1.5M fleet the other day and got mocked in a PM from the guy because I waited all day and half the night to recall trap him for those measly credits. I was bored and hungry, that's what it's come to though. But what if he handled this like we would have in gym class. Pick captains, and those captains split the the group up into even teams, then we play. Then we can do it all over again after that.

Here's a scenario, then I won't waste anymore time on this
-4 captains that know the server very well, for instance, ephesians, salsa, krull, jez
-those 4 captains can each designate 2 co-captains to form their initial draft team
-all players interested in being a part of this volunteer and there names go on a draft board (if you don't to be a part of it then you're pretty left for cannon fodder I would think)
-captains go back and forth drafting until each team reaches 50 players.
-after that it's a free for all

All kinds of strategy would be in play
-fleet size
-base locations, drafting/breaking up strongholds, fleet size/comps, players activity levels and relationships with their captains

anyways, just a thought. hope you enjoyed my wall of text. I'll go back to never posting anything

b-west

UlquiorraCifer
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: FTW
Galaxy: Epsilon

Re: A thought

Postby UlquiorraCifer » Wed 13 Jun, 2012 23:17

minus a few outliers, everyone in the top 200 fleets are aligned. No one wants to give up their fleet advantage and no one wants to hurt each other feelings because everyone has spent the past few years building to get to this place on the backs of our "enemies".
Why should I fight SiN when there's a far more large and ever present threat lurking right around the corner?

And to be fully honest with you, FTW could split into two non-allied halves and stop the impending borefest that's about to happen. Without the need to completely resplit the server again. It wouldn't even be that bad. a 50/50 split would still make you guys rank 1 and 2 and we could have a healthy server again, with good fights.

I've fought with all of you guys for a long time, you're a very dangerous guild and I have a lot of respect for all of you. I would have liked to see a different server than we have right now. We won the server together, there's no reason we can't all split up into smaller guilds and just have fun until Epsilon gets shut down.

:nonono
KingMob

Postby KingMob » Fri 15 Jun, 2012 13:15

I didn't expect to post again on this forum, and worse of all dabbling in its politics, but here it goes, another wall of text rambling :)

I like your idea. It's similar to one I posted on ARK boards, but yours is easier to implement. However, I doubt it's ever going to happen for a myriad of reasons. Your idea, while meritorious, is based on the assumption that most current FTW players and leaders look to keep Epsi a somewhat balanced server (if there is such a thing in AE), in order to extend its life. I don't sense that's the case at all. And I can't really blame them tho. It's really not their job to provide a balanced game. That's the job of the creators and admins of AE, and they don't care. In fact, I suspect it's in their best interest to avoid long lasting fun servers. The role of the players is to simply play the game.

As I see it, the current goal of the powers that be is to build up the server into two major blocks again for one final major blob crash to finish Epsi with a bang. Those two blocks would only mischievously look balanced by fleet totals, when in fact there could only be one winner due to much better fleet averages, combos, leadership and activity from one side. Is there an alternative to those other guilds to blobing up? Not really, because they'll just get easily picked off if they don't. It's a lose-lose scenario for them I'm afraid.

And why is that? How did we end up where we are right now, chasing crumb fleets and hitting on players half our level? It's the very nature of the game, where accounts grow at the expense of someone else's. There's no way around it. As to the why there's no effort by players and leaders to try and do the admins job and pursue your idea, I can only speculate.
I suspect most players are tired of the game, or simply can't be active as much as they were in the past, especially on taking leadership roles, so for most of them embarking on smaller guilds in a more competitive and dangerous server, requiring more of their time, is prolly not in their best interest. The way things are now is much more comfy. Production queues are long from two major blob crashes within a 6 months period. There's hardly any credible threats in the entire server as it is, so you can just pick a few snacks here and there from the other hopelessly mismatched guilds to keep things rolling for those who need it, and when even that runs out, I'll expect selective cannibalizing of its members to occur until Epsi ends with a whimper.
This psychological barrier is just one factor to take into account when considering your suggestion. Then there's the matter of keeping those smaller guilds effectively separate, which I find totally unrealistic. When did it ever happen? There's also the problem of providing functional databases to all of those guilds to keep them competitive...oh wait, I forgot nobody uses those :shifty:
So, I seriously doubt you'll see any changes in the future.

Epsilon - ex [xXx][-LI-][DMTNT]
Shark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Shark » Fri 15 Jun, 2012 19:33

In short, FTW leadership doesn't want to fight each other, and is fairly comfortable with the situation at hand.

Cabbage
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: E: [SiN]

Postby Cabbage » Tue 19 Jun, 2012 00:48

Shark wrote:In short, FTW leadership doesn't want to fight each other, and is fairly comfortable with the situation at hand.
But you don't mind abandoning people who were loyal to FTW for so long and fight them instead. :whisle:

Shark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Shark » Wed 20 Jun, 2012 23:20

Right.

Carnage 101
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [RED]/[FTW]/[CFF]

Postby Carnage 101 » Fri 22 Jun, 2012 01:40

FTW Leadership has done something other server dominant guilds have never done and that is give this server a fighting chance. Combined the players currently in server have higher prods and econ combined. Many who left or were not included in t h e 100 also left with full ques . Can sin forget its pointless hatred and betrayals of the past. Can swag forgive the players of former blue for following leadership and work together? Can laan look past its lazy and simming members who were attacked by former members of ftw to actually work towards a balanced server?

All these questions are left for you to sort out and soon cause divided your going to die. All are capable of working cohesively as was done many times in the past under the FTW banner.

If old leaders cant look past their differences then its time for members to elect a new leader to take them in a positive direction. But know this there is no hope for the members of this server if you guys cant play together. We will end this farce and keep fighting eventually who knows even amongst our selves lol.

We are war mongers after all. Had we wished for dominance we could have silently pulled a bee and destroyed all the members not with us.

Good luck to you all. We have no love or hatred towards anyone. We simply play the game as is for the fun of it

Anyone who told you to be yourself couldn't have given you worse advice.
Poseidon67
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Poseidon67 » Fri 22 Jun, 2012 20:11

Man that is the most delusional post yet...basically what happened was;

Godlike / Salsa : We are doing something for the good of the server! ----> 100 leave ARK / FLOOD with the most fleet creating a 8 Bill fleet guild ------> left with a void and told to do something everyone went there separate ways and joined other groups of friends -------> FTW remains the exact same it was before the split just without the extra Fodder and RED re-joined with FTW

All that was done was not for the good of the server, it was for the good of a close group of friends who knew they wouldn't have anything left now so choose to abandon loyalties and create food for them self that they should be 100% is just going to be an easy target for an 8 bil fleet of players that were picked based on activity and fleet size.

You can't break that down into anything else or claim anything else happened that is the bare bones, all BullShip stripped away version of what happened.
Good luck to you all. We have no love or hatred towards anyone. We simply play the game as is for the fun of it
I really doubt that if you were on the opposite side of the fence you would have those same words to say, it's easy to have no hatred towards anyone when the herd is divided into food stock and hunters and you get picked for the hunters......

- Poseidon67 - Epsilon [DMTNT] -Out of retirement
- Sajuuk's Wrath - Andromeda [SMURF] - Retired - Centauri - [FAT] - Retired - Quantum {^S^} / [BACON] - Sigma [Ash]
cookie monster

Postby cookie monster » Fri 22 Jun, 2012 20:33

23.4billion tagged fleet on the server.
ftw have 8.9billion fleet or 38%.
that means if the other 62% of the tagged fleet worked together, they could change the server.

Poseidon67
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Poseidon67 » Fri 22 Jun, 2012 21:07

cookie monster wrote:23.4billion tagged fleet on the server.
ftw have 8.9billion fleet or 38%.
that means if the other 62% of the tagged fleet worked together, they could change the server.
Your saying that an already defeated server should join together and take out 8 bil of I'd hazard 85% active players ? I'm not suggesting attempts aren't obviously going to be made but seriously that is how the justification of this came about ? lulz

:pray: please let all the already *beep* activity players suddenly have a change of heart and become highly active again! You really can't believe anyone to be stupid enough to believe that line...really come on lol.

Again we come back to and that I'm 100% leadership of FTW is aware of all that was done was to create food and interested for the left over nearly 100% active players plain and simple.

Activity = dominance and FTW has made sure it stays on top no matter the 1% chance the newly re-established or created guilds could possibly band together and pose a threat. For those who were in FTW during the Zerg days know more then any that the bulk of the players at the time couldn't really be counted on to move on time or always log in when needed. I don't think any of those players are currently in FTW so I hope you see where again I continue to take my points.

*insert sheep in field*

- Sajuuk's Wrath - Andromeda [SMURF] - Retired - Centauri - [FAT] - Retired - Quantum {^S^} / [BACON] - Sigma [Ash]
Cabbage
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: E: [SiN]

Postby Cabbage » Sat 23 Jun, 2012 16:02

Carnage 101 wrote:FTW Leadership has done something other server dominant guilds have never done and that is give this server a fighting chance. Combined the players currently in server have higher prods and econ combined. Many who left or were not included in t h e 100 also left with full ques . Can sin forget its pointless hatred and betrayals of the past. Can swag forgive the players of former blue for following leadership and work together? Can laan look past its lazy and simming members who were attacked by former members of ftw to actually work towards a balanced server?

All these questions are left for you to sort out and soon cause divided your going to die. All are capable of working cohesively as was done many times in the past under the FTW banner.

If old leaders cant look past their differences then its time for members to elect a new leader to take them in a positive direction. But know this there is no hope for the members of this server if you guys cant play together. We will end this farce and keep fighting eventually who knows even amongst our selves lol.

We are war mongers after all. Had we wished for dominance we could have silently pulled a bee and destroyed all the members not with us.

I pointed this out several times when we were in FTW/ARK.

It is not FTW, SiN, DMTNT or any other guild's job to balance the server.

You can come up with any excuse you want.

The facts are there. You can act high and holy about it but that doesn't change what happened.

Carnage 101
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Carnage 101 » Sun 24 Jun, 2012 21:51

Its just creating a competitive environment. As long as FTW is leading there will always be break down and restructuring until eventually its not possible. Now it hundred then 50, 25 the end.

Poseidon67
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Poseidon67 » Sun 24 Jun, 2012 22:52

Carnage 101 wrote:Its just creating a competitive environment. As long as FTW is leading there will always be break down and restructuring until eventually its not possible. Now it hundred then 50, 25 the end.
To see who in FTW currently can shoot down the most fodder? Lol

Carnage 101
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Carnage 101 » Sun 24 Jun, 2012 23:13

Sin+Dmtnt+Ram= Ftw. Pacts still intact= > fleet and prods.

Most in those 3 guilds are still proding war creds. So its pretty even to more advantage due to higher prods than compared to FTW. Include the rest of the server and jg access and you've got a major advantage with more eyes.

Ephesians
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Ephesians » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 04:58

I really doubt that if you were on the opposite side of the fence you would have those same words to say, it's easy to have no hatred towards anyone when the herd is divided into food stock and hunters and you get picked for the hunters......
Many of the current 100 FTW members HAVE been on the opposite side of the fence in an almost identical situation on Delta server and in the end we prevailed.
FTW remains the exact same it was before the split just without the extra Fodder and RED re-joined with FTW
FTW now has less than half the total members that they used to have. 150 less players than we had with ftw/red combined, 250 less than we had with flood/ark combined.
Your saying that an already defeated server should join together and take out 8 bil of I'd hazard 85% active players ?

Except that they aren't already "defeated." The 150 former FTW players have been on the winning side for the past year or more and still have prod queues filled for a long time with derbs from the last crash. But regardless, yes, that is how the game is played.
For those who were in FTW during the Zerg days know more then any that the bulk of the players at the time couldn't really be counted on to move on time or always log in when needed.
On the contrary, zerg FTW had superb activity during the last blob crash against swag. I was shocked at how much fleet launched on time when they were supposed to.

Return to “Epsilon”