BETA Hall oF Fame... Remembering Our Great Players

12thSkyline
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat 28 Mar, 2009 04:16
Reputation: 0
Guild: Beta: GLORY
Epsilon: RD
Galaxy: Beta

Re: BETA Hall oF Fame... Remembering Our Great Players

Postby 12thSkyline » Mon 30 Mar, 2009 02:15

I nominate Ruin. For being a robot, and teaching all of us about robot-p0rn :dance:

The truth is you can only hear lies.
User avatar
It's Slowpoke!
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu 08 Jan, 2009 04:14
Reputation: 24

Re: BETA Hall oF Fame... Remembering Our Great Players

Postby It's Slowpoke! » Mon 30 Mar, 2009 03:47

Lord Ted wrote:
Pocok wrote:
Whit3S3phiroth wrote:hello everyone,

i'd like to elect myself as:

- the older Beta server player,
- and the number one player in the Technology Rank in ALL SERVERs of ASTROEMPIRES.

just compare the info...

Regards,

this won't make you 'Great'
only the biggest simmer ever

People play the game differently just because they don't go out and hit everything
doesn't make them a simmer. People have different attacking tactics.

One's simmer is also another one's smart attacker.


You can't do ANYTHING without fleet. Technology affects three things: fleet, capacities and energy. By not building fleet, all the tech in the world is practically useless. Without fleet you are just playing a single player game, not interacting with anything except the ranking page. He was a simmer who didn't even sim something useful.

User avatar
Jimmy777J
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1953
Joined: Tue 03 Apr, 2007 21:15
Reputation: 23
Guild: [◣_◢]
Galaxy: Beta
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: BETA Hall oF Fame... Remembering Our Great Players

Postby Jimmy777J » Mon 30 Mar, 2009 06:11

as i have said white fought...how the hell do you think he paid for that tech :headshake:

Pires wrote:His fleet is lost and can be produced again; but respect and attitude will stay forever.
Nicely done, Jimmy.

Image
User avatar
sid
Volunteer
Volunteer
Posts: 1218
Joined: Sat 24 May, 2008 21:38
Reputation: 34
Guild: BORG
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: BETA Hall oF Fame... Remembering Our Great Players

Postby sid » Mon 30 Mar, 2009 16:34

Lord Ted wrote:Yea, because White deleted. Diskor had 6 or so million less then white.

Sure about that? I thought it was closer to 600k, but maybe I'm wrong. In any case, making the top rank on all servers and then deleting as soon as you do it isn't such an amazing feat.

Paestero Msg Player 03-06-2009 0:48:07
Sid, You're a guy like me so I can't blame you for not reading past the "porn" word


Image
12thSkyline
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat 28 Mar, 2009 04:16
Reputation: 0
Guild: Beta: GLORY
Epsilon: RD
Galaxy: Beta

Re: BETA Hall oF Fame... Remembering Our Great Players

Postby 12thSkyline » Mon 30 Mar, 2009 22:21

fact of the matter is this: even though he might have been a simmer, he was top in something. Even someone who is top in exp might be a simmer, simply building fleets and having them blown up constantly.

The truth is you can only hear lies.
User avatar
Snake
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 2620
Joined: Wed 16 May, 2007 06:04
Reputation: 28
Galaxy: Beta
Location: Australia

Re: BETA Hall oF Fame... Remembering Our Great Players

Postby Snake » Tue 31 Mar, 2009 07:20

sid wrote:In any case, making the top rank on all servers and then deleting as soon as you do it isn't such an amazing feat.

Oh, so that's why he quit?

Image
User avatar
Ratimus
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1251
Joined: Fri 20 Apr, 2007 02:40
Reputation: 50
Guild: Fail/Cruel
Galaxy: Beta
Location: Your Moms Closet

Re: BETA Hall oF Fame... Remembering Our Great Players

Postby Ratimus » Thu 02 Apr, 2009 13:58

Jimmy777J wrote:as i have said white fought...how the hell do you think he paid for that tech :headshake:



well i dont know about a lot of fighting im sure he did some


Tho hes got a farm system that will blow people away

____________________________________________
President of CL for Assisted suicide
Charter Member D.A.M.M. Drunks against Mad Mothers
User avatar
Black Legionnaire
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1937
Joined: Tue 22 May, 2007 02:17
Reputation: 26
Guild: [PTSS] - Beta
[OA] - Alpha
Galaxy: Beta
Location: Australia

Re: BETA Hall oF Fame... Remembering Our Great Players

Postby Black Legionnaire » Mon 27 Apr, 2009 01:46

It's Slowpoke! wrote:You can't do ANYTHING without fleet. Technology affects three things: fleet, capacities and energy. By not building fleet, all the tech in the world is practically useless. Without fleet you are just playing a single player game, not interacting with anything except the ranking page. He was a simmer who didn't even sim something useful.


Epic fail.

With that much tech, my guess is his smaller fleet could have done significantly more damage than a larger one with no tech, like the 30 mill fleet i saw go down the other day with 4.5/4.4 fighters :?

Image
Astroholics Anonymous Co-Diplomat and Forum Scallywag Black Legionnaire. (Beta)
Ordo Avengite Black Legionnaire (Alpha)
User avatar
Vaz
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 708
Joined: Tue 13 May, 2008 14:40
Reputation: 7
Guild: Guild
Location: Location
Contact:

Re: BETA Hall oF Fame... Remembering Our Great Players

Postby Vaz » Sun 03 May, 2009 21:39

Black Legionnaire wrote:
It's Slowpoke! wrote:You can't do ANYTHING without fleet. Technology affects three things: fleet, capacities and energy. By not building fleet, all the tech in the world is practically useless. Without fleet you are just playing a single player game, not interacting with anything except the ranking page. He was a simmer who didn't even sim something useful.


Epic fail.

With that much tech, my guess is his smaller fleet could have done significantly more damage than a larger one with no tech, like the 30 mill fleet i saw go down the other day with 4.5/4.4 fighters :?


Yeah, stfu Slowpoke!
He might have been a bit simmer but I don't agree with your point at all... Technology is important and useful!

User avatar
kris
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 3067
Joined: Thu 15 Mar, 2007 21:33
Reputation: 73

Re: BETA Hall oF Fame... Remembering Our Great Players

Postby kris » Wed 06 May, 2009 14:37

12thSkyline wrote:fact of the matter is this: even though he might have been a simmer, he was top in something. Even someone who is top in exp might be a simmer, simply building fleets and having them blown up constantly.


Its impossible to get to top rank in experience from building fleets and getting them blown up all the time.

You have to be the one attacking with good ratios to get the debris to rebuild and you have to have a good prod cap to support that.

User avatar
nixen
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 530
Joined: Fri 26 Jan, 2007 08:10
Reputation: 25
Contact:

Re: BETA Hall oF Fame... Remembering Our Great Players

Postby nixen » Wed 06 May, 2009 15:54

kris wrote:
12thSkyline wrote:fact of the matter is this: even though he might have been a simmer, he was top in something. Even someone who is top in exp might be a simmer, simply building fleets and having them blown up constantly.


Its impossible to get to top rank in experience from building fleets and getting them blown up all the time.

You have to be the one attacking with good ratios to get the debris to rebuild and you have to have a good prod cap to support that.


Prior to GOON blowing up Executor's entire mobile on Beta, he was barely in the top 1000 on XP. Now he is rank 44. So I think it is indeed possible. Just not very probable that a #1 player in XP has only lost fleet.

The Don wrote:I want Ruin to be leader of Omega or preferably of Beta....

-- Nixen
Supreme commander of beta


Image

Captain of the -UFP- mockers association
User avatar
Dominion
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Posts: 9407
Joined: Thu 05 Jun, 2008 06:23
Reputation: 200
Guild: 13th
AYAYA
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: BETA Hall oF Fame... Remembering Our Great Players

Postby Dominion » Thu 07 May, 2009 07:09

nixen wrote:
kris wrote:
12thSkyline wrote:fact of the matter is this: even though he might have been a simmer, he was top in something. Even someone who is top in exp might be a simmer, simply building fleets and having them blown up constantly.


Its impossible to get to top rank in experience from building fleets and getting them blown up all the time.

You have to be the one attacking with good ratios to get the debris to rebuild and you have to have a good prod cap to support that.


Prior to GOON blowing up Executor's entire mobile on Beta, he was barely in the top 1000 on XP. Now he is rank 44. So I think it is indeed possible. Just not very probable that a #1 player in XP has only lost fleet.

valid point, but not many simmers ever amass 100 mil fleet like executor. Most simmers are semi-active players who run decent accounts and rarely attack because they're rarely on to attack.

Khamul Nazgul wrote:4. If you do not leave the 13th blob, All said guilds involved on this move against 13th with good reason are prepared to Blob up into one Area and sit there

Dominion wrote:Themis you're a fod maggot
User avatar
Awol
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 2178
Joined: Thu 17 May, 2007 04:14
Reputation: 61
Guild: FAIL

Re: BETA Hall oF Fame... Remembering Our Great Players

Postby Awol » Thu 07 May, 2009 08:36

Exec should be remembered. Top Tech is meaningless, anyone can do tech. Top fleet for a long period of time? Now that is an accomplishment.

Fleet rankings, XP ranking, and Level should all be automatic qualifiers the same way 3k hits is for baseball players. That said the truly great players in this game did a lot more than climb the ranks.

Image
User avatar
Snake
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 2620
Joined: Wed 16 May, 2007 06:04
Reputation: 28
Galaxy: Beta
Location: Australia

Re: BETA Hall oF Fame... Remembering Our Great Players

Postby Snake » Fri 08 May, 2009 10:41

Dominion wrote:valid point, but not many simmers ever amass 100 mil fleet like executor. Most simmers are semi-active players who run decent accounts and rarely attack because they're rarely on to attack.

I just make jumpgates nowadays. :D

Image
User avatar
Oppression
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue 18 Dec, 2007 22:53
Reputation: 4
Guild: [GOON]
Galaxy: Beta

Re: BETA Hall oF Fame... Remembering Our Great Players

Postby Oppression » Mon 11 May, 2009 22:10

Awol wrote:Top Tech is meaningless, anyone can do tech.


Well sure, but you guys are missing one key point: he nominated himself. What a humble approach, we should disqualify him for that alone.

Image

Return to “Beta”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest