Ceti Tavern- Rules and Guidelines.

Caesar
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Ceti Tavern- Rules and Guidelines.

Postby Caesar » Sat 01 Aug, 2009 15:03

Looking at the other servers I have noticed that there are no specific rules/guides for Ceti's sub forums. Although this should not be needed as you should already be aware and following the rules (Link for it is in my signature or at the top of the page.) It is clear after the month that I have been moderating that this is not the case. So below will be a list of rules/guidelines to follow. If you think that I'm making any up then please feel free to check the rules yourself and PM me any corrections that are needed. Or PM one of the other Moderators to confirm (in particular Moderators being able to establish there own small rules, which seems to be in question here in Ceti.) Please note: Not all the Forum rules will be posted below- You will need to read and understand them yourselves via the links mentioned above.

The following rules have been specifically pointed out as they have been the ones most broken or brought into question.

Use the correct categories to post and no off-topic
3.1 – Each board has a specified category. Post in the category that best fits your post. If you post in the wrong category it shall be moved and a shadow topic left in its place.
3.2 - Don't go babbling about a completely different subject in an existent thread, make a new one instead.
Flaming, trolling and ranting
4.1 - Flaming is expressing anger at someone in an uncouth or highly insulting manner. Flame baiting are posts that are made with the aim of angering someone indirectly. Both flaming and flame baiting are prohibited.
4.2 - Trolling posts are disruptive and do not convey a friendly attitude.

Spamming and bumping topics
5.1 - Spam is considered to be repetitive posting of the same text again and again or nonsensical posts that have no substance and are often designed to annoy other forum users. Posting spam is prohibited.
5.2 – Bumping threads in order to keep them near the top of the list is also prohibited. Posts of this nature are not conducive to community spirit and are unwelcome.
5.3 - No "grave digging". Don't post on obvious old and dead threads. Start a new one if you wish to resume that subject.

Moderator judgment and challenging warnings / suspensions
12.1 – Warnings, suspensions and bans are not to be discussed on the forum. Such matters shall remain private between Astro Empires and the user.
12.2 - All members must respect the judgment of admins and moderators. They are the authority in this forum and they will take any necessary action to keep order.
12.3 – If you do not understand or feel you have been warned / suspended unfairly message the moderator who issued the warning. Do so respectfully though, insults will not be tolerated.
12.4 – After messaging the moderator if still feel you have been warned / suspended incorrectly you may take your case to an administrator. To do so please contact the administration through our Support Center (select the Forum Department). Only contact the Support Center without contacting the moderator first if you have been suspended from the forums.

Let me confirm again that these are NOT the only rules, you will need to ensure you have read and understood them yourselves. Any questions please just PM me or post on the Feedback thread in The Tavern.

Also those that insult me from now on will recieve a warning, regardless of if its in a topic or via PM. All insults are not needed and will earn warnnings/bans. And please if you have any questions or problems with what I do, either PM me (politlely), DO NOT create a thread about it.

Furthermore if you have been insulted or someone breaks a rule do not insult/break a rule in retaliation as you will all probably get warnings. If you see anyone doing this or breaking rules please report it/ send me a PM.

Specifically for The Tavern:
Although I'm more relaxed on here do not do anything that will clearly result in a Warning.- Common sense.

Thank-you.

EDIT: Trolls/Spammers-Regarding those that post 1 word replies or posts to simply raise your post count. Do this and you will be warned. If you have nothing constructive to say don't post. If the reply is ontopic i.e Fail thread. Then that can be tolerated. However
n00b
Meh..
Are not acceptable. (Will make certain allowances case by case, sometimes a one word answer is more than enough and I do understand and appreciate this.;))

Return to “Ceti”