Expand Gaia to 49 or more please

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Heckler

Expand Gaia to 49 or more please

Postby Heckler » Fri 16 Sep, 2016 16:26

I think the Gaia Universe should be expanded to 49 galaxies .

Makes a longer harder game on travel and search.

LoneWolf2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: A1 {G}
F2 [Grim]
G2 {V}
I2 [TBG]

Re: Expand Gaia to 49 or more please

Postby LoneWolf2 » Wed 02 Nov, 2016 01:52

35 maybe, its definitely getting full, I still feel Alpha needs to go to 99 galaxies, but don't see much room issues in Gaia, maybe 35 to take some pressure off, but I doubt that's why they add galaxies, I think they only add galaxies when a server reaches a certain population, which could happen more often if they would work on a way to bring newer players to older servers.

Miguel_A

Postby Miguel_A » Fri 11 Nov, 2016 10:16

Why new player's would go to old server's ?
When they reach level 30 they would be overrun by level 50's and 60's with 20 times more fleet and 3 times more technology...

Think the only way to make that more fair was if they give credits to be used only in technology whenever they want like maybe 200k credits or something...

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Fri 11 Nov, 2016 15:35

Miguel_A wrote:Why new player's would go to old server's ?
When they reach level 30 they would be overrun by level 50's and 60's with 20 times more fleet and 3 times more technology...

Only if they expect to survive solo or in a crappy guild. That doesn't work on new servers either though so...

Miguel_A wrote:Think the only way to make that more fair was if they give credits to be used only in technology whenever they want like maybe 200k credits or something...

How would that make things more fair? More tech isn't going to save them. If anything that just makes things worse for them, since now they've got a bunch of useless tech that they can't get rid of, and that pushes them that much closer to the level 30 mark where they need to either join a decent guild or die.

That said, giving late starters a base discount from the start might work... e.g. 10000 * 4^(server age in years) credits in base discount if you buy an upgrade within the first 15 days of starting your account (an upgrade is required since you'll be able to use this to shoot up over 10 bases really easily).

Miguel_A

Postby Miguel_A » Fri 11 Nov, 2016 23:23

hi

Only if they expect to survive solo or in a crappy guild. That doesn't work on new servers either though so...

You saying new player in old server to feed old guild's ?
Why not giving the change for new blood to come along and give them the opportunity to apply there tactics.
New guilds with new blood will mean new allies and if they are good enough to face the top 3 guilds that will mean the top will have to re think there strategy instead staying just there facing the same enemy's over and over.

How would that make things more fair? More tech isn't going to save them. If anything that just makes things worse for them, since now they've got a bunch of useless tech that they can't get rid of, and that pushes them that much closer to the level 30 mark where they need to either join a decent guild or die.

I never said to be used right away unless player wish to do it. I said to be used when ever they wanted and if they were smart (i like ti think i am) i would use it only when i get near level 30. And off course the credits in experience value would depend the age of the server (maybe for example take the average top 500 players technology or any other rule that could give experience that could get them near the top xxxx)
But yehh i think the technology is the most important thing cause players will not have is entire fleet all together ... making easier to occ them , etc etc etc.

1 month upgrade or 1 year? I think 1 year personally

Also, found a player under lv30 with bad defences and shot them for good pillages, took me to about base 13 I believe

lool so you want new food/farm for one full year hein ...

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Sat 12 Nov, 2016 02:24

Miguel_A wrote:You saying new player in old server to feed old guild's ?

I'm saying if a new player wants to survive on an old server he needs to join an existing major guild, or one of their training guilds. Without such a guild's protection it is mechanically impossible for him to make his account competitive.

Miguel_A wrote:Why not giving the change for new blood to come along and give them the opportunity to apply there tactics.
New guilds with new blood will mean new allies and if they are good enough to face the top 3 guilds that will mean the top will have to re think there strategy instead staying just there facing the same enemy's over and over.

That's not going to happen on an old server.

It's very unlikely to happen on a new server. These tactics have been refined for a decade, and the game hasn't changed much in that time.

Miguel_A wrote:

I never said to be used right away unless player wish to do it. I said to be used when ever they wanted and if they were smart (i like ti think i am) i would use it only when i get near level 30. And off course the credits in experience value would depend the age of the server (maybe for example take the average top 500 players technology or any other rule that could give experience that could get them near the top xxxx)
But yehh i think the technology is the most important thing cause players will not have is entire fleet all together ... making easier to occ them , etc etc etc.

You still haven't told me what this extra tech is supposed to accomplish. On his own, with effectively no fleet and poorly-developed bases, he's just going to get annihilated, regardless of how much tech he has. Even with guild protection tech doesn't do all that much to speed development. Extra bases do.

Kinggussie wrote:1 month upgrade or 1 year? I think 1 year personally

I was thinking 3 months or more, but really the idea is every new player should have this, it just requires an upgrade because it nullifies the whole 10 bases in 7 days rush. So, even just 1 month could do it.

Miguel_A

Postby Miguel_A » Sat 12 Nov, 2016 04:27

Hi

Well the idea about the extra technology experience was to be able to get to the same level has the higher players (old ones) and be able to give a fight if the both had a similar ship's number's. Off course the old player will always be able to overrun if he wish or if he has is fleet all together but is that common a player have ... humm ... i guess i see what you mean like a third of fleet from one of the top players will be always a overrun to the new player...
yehh forget about what i said here, new player will not have a chance unless they join a guild that are already on the server.

But giving premium is not a solution as well...

Miguel_A

Postby Miguel_A » Sat 12 Nov, 2016 04:28

i guess no solution for this as well... sorry to bother about impossible mission's lol

SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: ASAE

Postby SEWI » Mon 14 Nov, 2016 02:02

Miguel_A wrote:Why new player's would go to old server's ?

Think the only way to make that more fair was if they give credits to be used only in technology whenever they want like maybe 200k credits or something...

not so....i opened all servers when Pegasus opened...

Alpha till Fenix have all my bases free....same goes for drako till hydra...

inbetween there are still some farmers left we kick their beeps with joy...:)

remember....the more fleet they leave over your base....the more you can kill...

huge fun....just join ASAE on any server.

Same name...same guild...all servers... :biglaugh:
SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: ASAE

Postby SEWI » Mon 14 Nov, 2016 02:06

Heckler wrote:I think the Gaia Universe should be expanded to 49 galaxies .

Makes a longer harder game on travel and search.

i am sure the number of galaxies depends ONLY on the number of active acounts...

so the only way to get more galaxies is to invite fresh players to the game in big numbers...

we at ASAE try to do our share in bringing as much players to all servers from the one they started as we can....

and keeping them in the game....offcoarse....

fighting the farmers is the only way....

Same name...same guild...all servers... :biglaugh:

Return to “Feature Request”