For next server

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Gothmog
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1694
Joined: Sat 10 Jun, 2006 08:44
Reputation: 17

For next server

Postby Gothmog » Wed 21 Sep, 2016 22:58

Hi people,

Old player (alpha) returned.
Been playing Frontier and bit on Rigel.

Things changed since my alpha days.
Reading here it seems its now a churn of same server type and fun soon drys up.
So thought for next server (after Hydra) few simple ideas.

1) Server has 60 galaxy's from day 1.
2) players are put randomly through the galaxy's. (no choosing where you start)
3) only 5 restarts allowed.
3) 100 max players per guild.
4)You can only join a guild every 10 days. (know some don't like this but...)

My thought on this.
Random spread of players means the usual teams can not create a stronghold right away as they will be spread through the server.
5 restarts restricts players restarting over and over until they get lucky where they want. (can delete account and try again but time consuming and still may not work)
The max players per guild ties in with only 1 guild change every ten days.
This restricts players switching guilds back and forth for JG to do hits where they don't have JG.
It does not stop it, just slows it down.
Numbers per guild stops 2 large guilds combining in 1 guild for extra blob size/hits.

The effect of these simple changes means more tactics are needed.
Guilds need to have more bases spread about for a JG network and the random starts means strongholds will take time to form.
Which means the fun start to servers will last longer as strongholds will be put off for a while.

Easy to do and as its never been tried, what is there to loose?
If its not filling up enough after 3 months then put out a new regular server.
If it does fill up and seems active, put next server off till 6 months.

The slower start should mean that slightly later starters can still survive and get going and so server should stay more active.

thanks for reading.
regards
Gothmog.
(Hi to all the old alpha who still survive )

Original Alpha Mordor GM.
Back out of my retirement cave to see how the kids play now.
User avatar
Rajam
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1414
Joined: Tue 22 May, 2007 05:43
Reputation: 186
Guild: [CRUEL]
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: For next server

Postby Rajam » Thu 22 Sep, 2016 17:05

Good to see your still alive and kicking Gothmog, hi from Alpha.

Doubt the devs care enough to make these changes at this point. Worth a shot though.

The Gene Pool Could Use Some Chlorine!
User avatar
AstroZombie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1997
Joined: Sat 14 Feb, 2009 11:42
Reputation: 97
Guild: Gaia [18]
Hydra [Hive]
Location: in ur mom

Re: For next server

Postby AstroZombie » Fri 23 Sep, 2016 07:44

Gothmog wrote:Hi people,

Old player (alpha) returned.
Been playing Frontier and bit on Rigel.

Things changed since my alpha days.
Reading here it seems its now a churn of same server type and fun soon drys up.
So thought for next server (after Hydra) few simple ideas.

1) Server has 60 galaxy's from day 1.
2) players are put randomly through the galaxy's. (no choosing where you start)
3) only 5 restarts allowed.
3) 100 max players per guild.
4)You can only join a guild every 10 days. (know some don't like this but...)

My thought on this.
Random spread of players means the usual teams can not create a stronghold right away as they will be spread through the server.
5 restarts restricts players restarting over and over until they get lucky where they want. (can delete account and try again but time consuming and still may not work)
The max players per guild ties in with only 1 guild change every ten days.
This restricts players switching guilds back and forth for JG to do hits where they don't have JG.
It does not stop it, just slows it down.
Numbers per guild stops 2 large guilds combining in 1 guild for extra blob size/hits.

The effect of these simple changes means more tactics are needed.
Guilds need to have more bases spread about for a JG network and the random starts means strongholds will take time to form.
Which means the fun start to servers will last longer as strongholds will be put off for a while.

Easy to do and as its never been tried, what is there to loose?
If its not filling up enough after 3 months then put out a new regular server.
If it does fill up and seems active, put next server off till 6 months.

The slower start should mean that slightly later starters can still survive and get going and so server should stay more active.

thanks for reading.
regards
Gothmog.
(Hi to all the old alpha who still survive )
#1 No because that will reduce the amount of farms in each galaxy. Might be good for *beep* tier players tho.
#2 Wont get rid of strongholds, just pre planned guilds so no thank you.
#3 Hell no
#4 Yeah 100 player cap wont mean *beep* considering how dead this game currently is. I think 50 would be better.
#5 Oh hell naw

Finally you know you are wasting your time right.
In case you don't I direct you to the following post

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=119306#p2251892

Violence: If its not solving all your problems, you simply aren't using enough of it
Image

~F:ex Trick/WoG H:ex Love/AFK I:ex OSHI/WL K:ex SoT/AFK² O:ex SUIT P:ex Royal G2: 18 H2: HIVE~
User avatar
SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu 10 Sep, 2015 01:30
Reputation: 73
Guild: ASAE
Location: AE

Re: For next server

Postby SEWI » Wed 12 Oct, 2016 15:06

I only want my master commander train button with checkboxes....

Clicking a few hunderd commanders a day is no fun for me...so they are alwayz behind on training...

A master button would mean only 25 clicks to get a few hunderd commanders trained...

Please?????.....cant be THAT hard to add.

Same name...same guild...all servers... :biglaugh:
User avatar
Le Gritche
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon 09 Sep, 2013 18:20
Reputation: 0

Re: For next server

Postby Le Gritche » Sun 16 Oct, 2016 23:36

new admins for next servers, please !!!
all players want an evolution to keep servers balanced, but admins don't listen us ... a new team to manage this game could be the solution

about previously posts, I agree with n°4, 100 members max
and N°5, player can't join guild if they left by themselves from the same guild (about plundering TR from their own guildies)
I would purpose a n°6 : players under lvl prot can hit all fleet out of base (I know it's to limit multi, but players don't have to pay for cheater, it's admin's problem, they have to find a solution without to hurt players !!! )

User avatar
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Posts: 19485
Joined: Mon 08 Dec, 2008 23:35
Reputation: 589
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]
Location: Gondolin

Re: For next server

Postby Wlerin » Mon 17 Oct, 2016 01:45

Le Gritche wrote:I would purpose a n°6 : players under lvl prot can hit all fleet out of base
They already can.

User avatar
Rabid
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun 08 Sep, 2013 13:52
Reputation: 16

Re: For next server

Postby Rabid » Mon 17 Oct, 2016 05:34

Give it up
Wizard has already given us the finger.

“Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.”
User avatar
AstroZombie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1997
Joined: Sat 14 Feb, 2009 11:42
Reputation: 97
Guild: Gaia [18]
Hydra [Hive]
Location: in ur mom

Re: For next server

Postby AstroZombie » Mon 17 Oct, 2016 06:01

Rabid wrote:Give it up
Wizard has already given us the finger.
What!, but he told me I was special :cry:

Violence: If its not solving all your problems, you simply aren't using enough of it
Image

~F:ex Trick/WoG H:ex Love/AFK I:ex OSHI/WL K:ex SoT/AFK² O:ex SUIT P:ex Royal G2: 18 H2: HIVE~
User avatar
xantonin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat 09 May, 2009 01:29
Reputation: 30
Contact:

Re: For next server

Postby xantonin » Mon 17 Oct, 2016 16:28

AstroZombie wrote:
Rabid wrote:Give it up
Wizard has already given us the finger.
What!, but he told me I was special :cry:
He probably had a different finger for you then.

User avatar
LoneWolf2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1639
Joined: Tue 23 Sep, 2008 18:09
Reputation: 37
Guild: A1 {G}
F2 [Grim]
G2 {V}
I2 [TBG]
Location: TN

Re: For next server

Postby LoneWolf2 » Tue 01 Nov, 2016 02:07

Wlerin wrote:
Le Gritche wrote:I would purpose a n°6 : players under lvl prot can hit all fleet out of base
They already can.
No they can't, if a lvl 30 puts a scout on an empty next to your base and you are lvl 10, you lose your lvl protection if you kill it on that empty, but if a lvl 10 puts a unit on an empty, a lvl 30 can hit it just fine.

Image
User avatar
LoneWolf2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1639
Joined: Tue 23 Sep, 2008 18:09
Reputation: 37
Guild: A1 {G}
F2 [Grim]
G2 {V}
I2 [TBG]
Location: TN

Re: For next server

Postby LoneWolf2 » Tue 01 Nov, 2016 02:31

Gothmog wrote:Hi people,

Old player (alpha) returned.
Been playing Frontier and bit on Rigel.

Things changed since my alpha days.
Reading here it seems its now a churn of same server type and fun soon drys up.
So thought for next server (after Hydra) few simple ideas.

1) Server has 60 galaxy's from day 1.
2) players are put randomly through the galaxy's. (no choosing where you start)
3) only 5 restarts allowed.
3) 100 max players per guild.
4)You can only join a guild every 10 days. (know some don't like this but...)

My thought on this.
Random spread of players means the usual teams can not create a stronghold right away as they will be spread through the server.
5 restarts restricts players restarting over and over until they get lucky where they want. (can delete account and try again but time consuming and still may not work)
The max players per guild ties in with only 1 guild change every ten days.
This restricts players switching guilds back and forth for JG to do hits where they don't have JG.
It does not stop it, just slows it down.
Numbers per guild stops 2 large guilds combining in 1 guild for extra blob size/hits.

The effect of these simple changes means more tactics are needed.
Guilds need to have more bases spread about for a JG network and the random starts means strongholds will take time to form.
Which means the fun start to servers will last longer as strongholds will be put off for a while.

Easy to do and as its never been tried, what is there to loose?
If its not filling up enough after 3 months then put out a new regular server.
If it does fill up and seems active, put next server off till 6 months.

The slower start should mean that slightly later starters can still survive and get going and so server should stay more active.

thanks for reading.
regards
Gothmog.
(Hi to all the old alpha who still survive )
1) I like this
2) No, people would lose interest fast if they couldn't play with their long time friends.
3a) Only 5 restarts means that the stupid Arid planet that you started on would be your home because all 5 times you restarted you ended up on it, and some ultra farmer gets lucky first try and lands a Rocky...see the problem? He'd outgrow you and farm you out quicker.
3b) 50 would be better.
4) I don't feel they should hardwire how many times you change guilds, it's just too restrictive.

An alternate idea instead of restricted placement and guild membership would be, put a limit on how long you can occupy a player, once that player has been occupied for say 24 hours (that's two pillages,), the occupation auto kicks at the 25th hour and the player has protection from being occupied for 48 hours given he or she doesn't forfeit that protection by hitting another player. Place a rule in it that includes all players of the same guild, this way your guild mate cannot simply come in and take over the occ at the 25th hour to farm said paying customer out and discourage them from playing. That will never happen, but I'd love to see it, it's in a lot of other games and farmers still have fun playing them.

Image
User avatar
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Posts: 19485
Joined: Mon 08 Dec, 2008 23:35
Reputation: 589
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]
Location: Gondolin

Re: For next server

Postby Wlerin » Tue 01 Nov, 2016 05:20

The Sorrow wrote:
Wlerin wrote:
Le Gritche wrote:I would purpose a n°6 : players under lvl prot can hit all fleet out of base
They already can.
No they can't, if a lvl 30 puts a scout on an empty next to your base and you are lvl 10, you lose your lvl protection if you kill it on that empty, but if a lvl 10 puts a unit on an empty, a lvl 30 can hit it just fine.
The level 10 is in no way prevented from attacking whosoever he pleases. There will be consequences if he attacks someone too powerful for him, but that's how it should be. Compare, e.g. the level 30 who can't even touch the level 10s bases, ever, unless the level 10 "gives permission".

This particular protection "fix" is extremely bad, and has been discussed to death 100x over.

Gothmog wrote:1) Server has 60 galaxy's from day 1.
Will spread the playerbase too thinly, unless they add extra NPCs.
Gothmog wrote:2) players are put randomly through the galaxy's. (no choosing where you start)
No.
Gothmog wrote:3) only 5 restarts allowed.
Pointless since they can just delete the account and make a new one. Also, pointless since idea #2 is terrible.
Gothmog wrote:4) 100 max players per guild.
Eh. Might work.
Gothmog wrote:5)You can only join a guild every 10 days. (know some don't like this but...)
No.


Return to “Feature Request”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest