Can we make this game not Pay to Win

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Moderator: Support Moderators

ricoom

Can we make this game not Pay to Win

Postby ricoom » Thu 17 Nov, 2016 12:23

I agree ads are a great way to diferenciate from paying users and non-paying ones but maximum bases and maximum Level of Advanced buildings is not. It creates an unequal ground. How can free user match up to player who has 50 bases with his 9 bases. As well as only being able to level advanced buildings to level 5. I agree that some advanced features must be, but they should be more on utility and not game feature side. I suggest give paying user more options to customize their planet, buildings, ships etc like most other freemium games do. Please stop pay to win.

blahblah
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Can we make this game not Pay to Win

Postby blahblah » Thu 17 Nov, 2016 12:41

sersly for the small amount to upgrade for a month
also no one has 50 bases 25 is about the top I think
you have 7 days to try as an upgraded account
and then the choice to pay what the cost of a pie and drink to upgrade if you wish

actually I will put in an edit
they should have a cheaper upgrade option for some lower ranked economy's
ie africa,India ect

giving AE the bird since 2009
ricoom

Postby ricoom » Thu 17 Nov, 2016 13:16

It is not the question of money! It is question of princible. Not all players can afford the payment as well as even if they can not all players are able to use the payment options(you need to have a paypal account, and credit card or debit card that is able to make online payments). I personally don't have an issue with paying, not that I will on princible (I don't support pay to win games). I think that game should give all players a equal footing. Status quo is that players will enjoy playing then they will realize that this game is pay to win. Some will pay and keep playing but others will not and leave and this leads to loss of players. If premium features would be good they will be bought. At this moment the game forces you to buy them to keep up with paying users.

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 00:09

Pointless thread. The game is already not pay to win.

A subscription system like the one used by AE is not pay to win by any sane definition, as buying more (or longer) upgrades gives you no additional advantage over other upgraded players (or even formerly upgraded players, since the extra bases and structures you build stay with you after the upgrade expires).

ricoom

Postby ricoom » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 08:44

Whis wrote:http://forum.astroempires.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=54628

If this is an argument into that you can get good things without premium. It's not what I stated. When you reach end game you will have 9 planets maxed. At that point having extra planets becomes nessecity.

A subscription system like the one used by AE is not pay to win by any sane definition, as buying more (or longer) upgrades gives you no additional advantage over other upgraded players

Yes I didn't imply that you can acctually pay to win. But if you subscribe you will recieve more space and thus possibility to get more resources which will lead to more fleet in shorter period of time. Tell me how it is not unfair to regular user.

PS: I am not talking about any other premium features. Just the planet count and count of advanced buildings.

blahblah
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby blahblah » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 12:00

you do realize that this game is a business
they have to make enough to cover server charges ect
the less reasons to upgrade the less money they make
the sooner the game stops

giving AE the bird since 2009
ricoom

Postby ricoom » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 13:21

blahblah wrote:you do realize that this game is a business
they have to make enough to cover server charges ect
the less reasons to upgrade the less money they make
the sooner the game stops

Yes that's true but by providing these upgrade features that I have told about they are degrading gaming value for everybody in my honest opinion. They could switch them up for any amount of other features that actually make sense. Or make the game pay to play instead leaving a free 30 day trial instead. I'm not here to tell what to do or how to make money. All I'm here for is to express my opinion on this flawed system and so far I have yet to hear a valid argument for these differences in game play for paying user and free user.

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Wlerin » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 20:48

ricoom wrote:I have yet to hear a valid argument for these differences in game play for paying user and free user.

Since the features are already in place, the onus is on you to prove why they shouldn't be, and "I have yet to hear a valid argument". I mean you literally just wrote they should make the game subscription only, which pretty much eliminates any chance of you being taken seriously.

Play the game first and then maybe try whining again.

xantonin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby xantonin » Sat 19 Nov, 2016 00:09

Activity level of a player far surpasses a paid account...

Constantine

Postby Constantine » Fri 23 Dec, 2016 17:55

I believe that we should allow advanced structures to be unlimited. because we actually have to research and spend a lot of credits to get those structures. but you snatch the desire from them by only allowing us to build them to a measly *beep* level 5. I didn't start researching like crazy for this damn orbital shipyard I just built only to have its total production capacity limited to 40. none of my bases have enough area for viable defenses I have to downgrade *beep* I need, and have waited days for- just to build up another structure to wait more days for THAT! this whole advanced structures BS is really getting to me. you guys at *beep* empires may not see a FREE player leaving as a loss which is really *beep* up by the way. but there's really a small percentage of your players who are upgraded, and every single superpower like guild is bulletined with upgraded players. I have no reason to keep playing this game. in about 3 weeks I will have reached my limit on everything here. then I'm going to have to leave. all you guys need to do Is allow advanced structures to be unlimited and the free players can eek out an existence next to the upgraded. we earn these upgraded structures same as the upgraded AND WE CANT USE THEM! as much as they can. that just doesn't add up to me. pretty much what you're saying is you can play for exactly a month and a half if you're that dedicated and then you lose a whole generation of free players. like in about 3 weeks when about 1/3 of every one in your game will log on for the last time, again. which is why youre losing advertisement requests. and also why your game is much less enjoyable. because your free players statistically are the best players here, the most active, and we cant even, evenly contend with players less experienced than us.

Constantine

Postby Constantine » Fri 23 Dec, 2016 17:58

If you only changed advanced structures thing. which is the only unfair thing about your game. a lot more people may end up playing your game

Wanderingmystic
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [Tribes]-A [Jord]-E [Legit]-G
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Wanderingmystic » Fri 23 Dec, 2016 23:54

You are aware that Orbital Shipyards arent considered limited structures right?

Do me a favor and open the tables section while youre in game, go to the structures tab, scroll down to the bottom and look for the asterisk telling you about the advanced structures, then proceed to remove youre head from your *beep* as you look to see which structures are the actually limited. Ill give you a hint.

Orbital Bases
Terraform
Multi-Level Platforms
Antimatter Plants
Economic Centers
Capital
Nanite Factories
Androids Factories

You can get access to these structures well within a months time if youre extremely active and make lots of creds. The tech levels for these structures are actually pretty reasonable as well. You can still be a decent player if youre free account, it just means you have to be active and outsource income through occupations and pillaging. And all it takes to get your bases to a decent lvl past free is to upgrade a minimum of 2 months to build enough terraforms and other advanced buildings to get you set up.

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Wlerin » Sun 25 Dec, 2016 01:59

Constantine wrote:I believe that we should allow advanced structures to be unlimited. because we actually have to research and spend a lot of credits to get those structures. but you snatch the desire from them by only allowing us to build them to a measly *beep* level 5. I didn't start researching like crazy for this damn orbital shipyard I just built only to have its total production capacity limited to 40. none of my bases have enough area for viable defenses I have to downgrade *beep* I need, and have waited days for- just to build up another structure to wait more days for THAT! this whole advanced structures BS is really getting to me. you guys at *beep* empires may not see a FREE player leaving as a loss which is really *beep* up by the way. but there's really a small percentage of your players who are upgraded, and every single superpower like guild is bulletined with upgraded players. I have no reason to keep playing this game. in about 3 weeks I will have reached my limit on everything here. then I'm going to have to leave. all you guys need to do Is allow advanced structures to be unlimited and the free players can eek out an existence next to the upgraded. we earn these upgraded structures same as the upgraded AND WE CANT USE THEM! as much as they can. that just doesn't add up to me. pretty much what you're saying is you can play for exactly a month and a half if you're that dedicated and then you lose a whole generation of free players. like in about 3 weeks when about 1/3 of every one in your game will log on for the last time, again. which is why youre losing advertisement requests. and also why your game is much less enjoyable.

No.

Save up credits, buy a 1 month upgrade for pennies and change, build build build, then go free for another six months or whatever.

Constantine wrote:I didn't start researching like crazy for this damn orbital shipyard I just built only to have its total production capacity limited to 40.

Well, they're not limited, so...

The only rate increasing advanced structures are Nanites, Androids, and Economic Centers. All three have alternatives (Metal Refineries, Robotics Factories, Space Ports).

The rest of the advanced structures increase your energy, area, and population; and the only one you can't increase any other way is area. Upgrade every few months, and build a bunch of these on every base (and a few new bases), then fill up the massive new AEP you just gained once the upgrade expires.

Constantine wrote:but there's really a small percentage of your players who are upgraded

There's a difference between currently upgraded and never upgraded. In the past, I would have been confident saying most players upgraded every now and then. With the state of the game now... but that has to do with the rapidfire server launches, lack of development, and lack of rule enforcement, not with this silly advanced structures gripe.

Constantine wrote:because your free players statistically are the best players here, the most active, and we cant even, evenly contend with players less experienced than us.

You don't even know which structures are advanced and which aren't, and yet you dare include yourself in the experienced group? Laughable.

Regardless, "statistically" that's simply false. The best players upgrade. Or they did, before they quit.

Return to “Feature Request”