???

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Satele
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

???

Postby Satele » Thu 09 Feb, 2017 20:28

You could lower the cost of acquiring new bases by a percentage every year as a server gets older.

Some will say its not fair they paid XX amount for their bases while new players are building them cheaper. However the benefits of repopulating old servers will increase your revenue and bring former players back before its too late.

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Re: ???

Postby Wlerin » Fri 10 Feb, 2017 03:51

No???

Satele
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Satele » Fri 10 Feb, 2017 04:08

Wlerin wrote:No???
At the end of the day AE is about making money for the people who created the game.

This is a great idea which should have some thought put into it.

Plus we need to repopulate the servers if we hope to continue enjoying a game we spent years mastering.

It's truly sad and it hurts to see the game so barren.

It doesn't have to be this way, we can save this game but we need to make some changes.

Please consider. It's a really good idea and one that has never been suggested.

Sarah-bunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: ADEHIJKLMP retired; F XI O IMP
Galaxy: Omega

Postby Sarah-bunny » Fri 10 Feb, 2017 16:02

How many people are coming to the game after newly discovering it? And there's a lot of old servers. Something like this would have to ensure that there's a critical mass enough to make some sort of difference.

If you looked instead to target a *single* server that has the right political situation, it could work. you'd need to talk with the guild leaders on that server to get "buy in" so that the new players could actually hope to learn the game and contribute to the server (rather than being "delayed action food" :P ). and imo you'd need to open a new cluster for the new players. do an advertising campaign (which is why this won't happen) trying to attract new people to the server you want them to populate, and create the game mechanics to allow them to grow up more quickly than normal. (One way that you could do it is to have new accounts *start* with a large amount of XP and credits. This should be easy to do. Give them a tutorial that has a text explaining the smart way to use the credits and XP to more quickly build their accounts. I don't think that it would present any technical issue to do either of those things).

But simply changing the new base cost... idk if they can easily do that only for new (and not at the same time) the established accounts. And doing it on all servers, rather than sending new players to a single server, would dilute the effect too much imo. Also it would only enable them to more quickly lay down new bases, which is only a small part of the problem. Time to build the account is a bigger hurdle than base count imo. Giving opening XP and credits would have a greater impact on an individual account. Advertising and targeting a single server would have more impact on the game.

(Although I don't believe that AE would do the ad campaign, and idk that they're interested in giving starting bonuses.)

essentially retired all servers... idk why anyone would play this game
FrostyGoblin wrote:it's the forums ffs, it's made purely of trolls, obnoxius people, the occasional new player that gets verbally abused instantly and sarah.
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Wlerin » Sun 12 Feb, 2017 21:09

Satele wrote:... and one that has never been suggested.
I doubt that. I couldn't find anything specific, but at the very least there's the cryptic "Base age" line in the FMR that's been there since at least version 2. There's also quite a few older threads gone AWOL.

1) Fix the awful title.

2) The main problem with your idea is that it is self-defeating. You want to bring in new players... or actually you say you want to bring back old players. Either way you're talking about an influx of additional players to older servers, as a result of reduced base costs. For everyone.

But there won't be any astros left for new players to colonise, because the existing players will already be taking advantage of these newly reduced costs. There will ultimately be less room for new players.

There was another idea recently in the same vein, though I couldn't find it via search. The OP suggested changing something to make the empty servers more tolerable, in the hopes of bringing in more players, but the change is in conflict with the desired outcome.

3) Abusive, frequently banned players would make use of this to rebuild their accounts from scratch more easily.

Satele
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Satele » Sun 12 Feb, 2017 23:58

There's plenty of room for new players.

Mr PiPE
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Mr PiPE » Mon 13 Feb, 2017 00:15

Hi. New player here chiming in. Hope nobody minds. Hue.

There's no room for me. I'm going to play Sims.

Ty.

sorcerer_cao wrote:Do U know how much members want to kill U? Pipe
There's no shame in the self pleasure game
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Wlerin » Mon 13 Feb, 2017 02:14

Satele wrote:There's plenty of room for new players.
Sure, right now. Not if your idea were implemented.
Mr PiPE wrote:Hi. New player here chiming in. Hope nobody minds. Hue.

There's no room for me. I'm going to play Sims.

Ty.
There'd be room if you weren't so fat.

Mr PiPE
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Mr PiPE » Mon 13 Feb, 2017 04:06

Words hurt

sorcerer_cao wrote:Do U know how much members want to kill U? Pipe
There's no shame in the self pleasure game
Satele
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Satele » Tue 14 Feb, 2017 01:39

Shut up.. Wlerin.

Stop congesting my thread with your oppositional defiant disorder.

*beep* off, kindly.

Whis
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Whis » Tue 14 Feb, 2017 13:54

Wlerin is one of the last forum warriors from the hay day of the feature request to still visit and add useful opinions. I'd take what (s)he says to heart when (s)he says an idea won't work. Chances are (s)he's seen it before and heard the arguments for and against.

Ps, fix your title. Next time it is punctuations instead of a description of the thread I will remove it.

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Wlerin » Tue 14 Feb, 2017 15:31

Whis wrote:Wlerin is one of the last forum warriors from the hay day of the feature request to still visit and add useful opinions. I'd take what (s)he says to heart when (s)he says an idea won't work. Chances are (s)he's seen it before and heard the arguments for and against.
Satele has been here longer than I, though not on this particular forum account.

atom man
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby atom man » Thu 02 Mar, 2017 03:18

new mods. :/

even waited to start till i had more of the story mapped out.
I follow the rules, if we rule. sorry been busy compiling data, for a popular game clone, like 2006 to 2008 AE style patches and bug fixes, but not the AE clone. :think: :paranoid: :shifty: 2002
Sarah-bunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: ADEHIJKLMP retired; F XI O IMP
Galaxy: Omega

Postby Sarah-bunny » Thu 02 Mar, 2017 12:04

Satele was a multi-server GM when i was still building bases on crystals on Delta :bumping:

essentially retired all servers... idk why anyone would play this game
FrostyGoblin wrote:it's the forums ffs, it's made purely of trolls, obnoxius people, the occasional new player that gets verbally abused instantly and sarah.
PowerVerde
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: A: 42AO
H: LOVE
N: KING

Postby PowerVerde » Thu 02 Mar, 2017 23:57

Sarah-bunny wrote:Satele was a multi-server GM when i was still building bases on crystals on Delta :bumping:
And I was doing crystals before coming to ae :scared:

The old noob, not necessarily the oldest ;)

Return to “Feature Request”