Anti zerg for future servers discussion

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Moderator: Support Moderators

SimpleCow

Anti zerg for future servers discussion

Postby SimpleCow » Thu 06 Apr, 2017 21:40

So I've just come back after a very long break and decided to give Sigma a go. The server is ruined and there hasn't even been a crash because of pre pacting. I'm in the zerg of doom in the lowers so this isn't about me losing. Pre pacting has always been a bit of a problem, but at least there used to be 2 blocks where both sides had a chance. It's no wonder the game is on life support with old players win at all costs mentality, driving pretty much all new blood out of the game.

Just throwing some ideas around that might make future servers not so doomed before they even open, feel free to add your own.

Limit guilds to x amount of members

Sure pacts can still be made, but it's far more likely backstabbery and such will happen between many smaller guilds vs 1 large.

Turn off the choose your own galaxy setting at account creation and mess with the starting location algorithm

"Stronghold galaxies" are a big part of the problem, they farm out wherever they start forcing whoever else is there to restart and be even more behind. Also allowing them to ignore defenses and grow rapidly.

As for the starting algorithm, randomize it to a point but keep tabs on how populated galaxies are and place people accordingly so you don't end up in barren wastelands.

At least this way people have to grow at a somewhat similar pace, as opposed to Dave and Steve make jump gates everyone else pump fleet etc. Not saying either of these will elliminate pre pacting but it will make it a lot weaker than it currently is.

Whis
Global Moderator

Re: Anti zerg for future servers discussion

Postby Whis » Fri 07 Apr, 2017 02:08

Unfortunately the game doesn't have the support from the developers because they are currently too busy on another project to make major improvements.

I believe in the near future, all major changes will have to be player driven. So, it won't happen.

Bichonne

Postby Bichonne » Sat 08 Apr, 2017 03:00

I agree. Irish Royale and China Royale are too *beep* overpowered!!

atom man
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby atom man » Sat 15 Apr, 2017 21:25

Whis wrote:Unfortunately the game doesn't have the support from the developers because they are currently too busy on another project to make major improvements.

I believe in the near future, all major changes will have to be player driven. So, it won't happen.

and me thinks i know where the alpha or beta tester is. :think: :shifty: :idea: :paranoid: :eh: :dance: :whisle: :clap: :P

A small change to better keep the game numbers.
Now when a Börc base get auto-disbanded, the bot will dispatch a colony fleet to colonize a new astro anywhere in the same galaxy.
This was a suggestion from Speed player Smith, thanks mate
Last edited by atom man on Sat 15 Apr, 2017 21:32, edited 1 time in total.

even waited to start till i had more of the story mapped out.
I follow the rules, if we rule. sorry been busy compiling data, for a popular game clone, like 2006 to 2008 AE style patches and bug fixes, but not the AE clone. :think: :paranoid: :shifty: 2002
atom man
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby atom man » Sat 15 Apr, 2017 21:29

Bichonne wrote:I agree. Irish Royale and China Royale are too *beep* overpowered!!

working on recruits from both sides to form a third guild. :scared: :bleh: :pray: :neutral2: /closed

even waited to start till i had more of the story mapped out.
I follow the rules, if we rule. sorry been busy compiling data, for a popular game clone, like 2006 to 2008 AE style patches and bug fixes, but not the AE clone. :think: :paranoid: :shifty: 2002
Vault Boy
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [TI]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Vault Boy » Mon 08 May, 2017 00:14

Limiting guilds wont change anything, How about limiting the use of a JG, like a cool down timer or something until it can be used again, maybe after 20 consecutive uses or something?

Just an idea.

solace wrote: VBII (Tricky)

Unlucky Colin :dance:
swearengen
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby swearengen » Mon 08 May, 2017 02:45

Whis wrote:Unfortunately the game doesn't have the support from the developers because they are currently too busy on another project to make major improvements.

Thats the polite way of the owners simply saying " thanks for supporting us all these years,but we no longer care enough about the game. We will now work on a new game that will take your money as well"

Baylor
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Baylor » Mon 08 May, 2017 21:51

What if, instead of sending the next mass message to every account on every server asking for €20, the players logged in and were surprised by a goodwill message of free upgrades for everyone? as I describe in more detail on Epsilon server thread.

important topics in Christian apologetics:
Slippin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Slippin » Tue 09 May, 2017 05:00

Can we rename this chat, The Tear Factory? :boohoo:

Active - O: [IMP], S: [2ez], L2: [R-M]

Return to “Feature Request”