Astro Metal/Fertility changes

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Moderator: Support Moderators

biohazard1
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon 19 Jun, 2017 02:55
Reputation: 0

Astro Metal/Fertility changes

Postby biohazard1 » Mon 19 Jun, 2017 03:10

Hey!
I went through the list of suggested changes and liked a lot of ideas especially concerning changes in propulsion/weapon system, but I didn't see any posts about changes in Planet/Moons properties. We all go for Rockies at the 1st or 2nd position but it would be interesting to make other planets more attractive. Some planets like early of Gaia could have bonus to research as well so the labs give 7 instead of 6. The metallic planets/moons could have maybe 3.5 if not 4 bonus to construction/production to compete with the rocky ones. Toxic or radioactive could offer 5 to energy etc. Asteroids are interesting as they are with the prings and pshields discounts.
Please don't get me wrong, I love rockies but why there are some many other types of planets if they are virtually useless or have exactly the same properties like Arid and Tundra.
Cheers,
bio

Philosopher Cody
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 835
Joined: Mon 03 Sep, 2007 02:17
Reputation: 13
Guild: [NPO]
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: Astro Metal/Fertility changes

Postby Philosopher Cody » Fri 30 Jun, 2017 15:04

This has been talked about for a long while. The people with rockies would complain if some other astro type got an advantage. No new features will be added to the game, until the development team realizes that they need to make changes to the game in the face of what old established players are currently comfortable with.

User avatar
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Posts: 19304
Joined: Mon 08 Dec, 2008 23:35
Reputation: 573
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]
Location: Gondolin

Re: Astro Metal/Fertility changes

Postby Wlerin » Fri 30 Jun, 2017 20:40

FMR wrote:
  • More/less of certain astro types in galaxies
  • New astro type
  • Changing the resource values on existing astro types
  • Removing certain astro types
  • Making certain astro types better

Ignore Cody, as usual he has no idea what he's talking about despite actually being there for most of the discussions. Previous ideas have been rejected because they were awful.

biohazard1 wrote:We all go for Rockies at the 1st or 2nd position but it would be interesting to make other planets more attractive. Some planets like early of Gaia could have bonus to research as well so the labs give 7 instead of 6. The metallic planets/moons could have maybe 3.5 if not 4 bonus to construction/production to compete with the rocky ones. Toxic or radioactive could offer 5 to energy etc. Asteroids are interesting as they are with the prings and pshields discounts.

Toxic already offer 5 energy.
3.5 or 4 metal is vastly overpowered.

The Gaia research bonus *might* work, but I'm not sure it's enough to balance the loss in prod except for tech whores.

User avatar
blahblah
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1824
Joined: Fri 03 Apr, 2009 13:41
Reputation: 49
Location: not the USA

Re: Astro Metal/Fertility changes

Postby blahblah » Sat 01 Jul, 2017 08:15

I could see specific bonuses for planet types
ie Gaia research bonus
maybe a JG bonus for toxic/radioatives(or a lower tec requirement)
maybe a xp bonus for entire account if you have a glacial
if nothing it should be easy to code and not be overpowering
having some form of bonus that helps the entire account
may encourage players to have a few other type planets

giving AE the bird since 2009
User avatar
Whis
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Posts: 588
Joined: Thu 28 Nov, 2013 06:53
Reputation: 20

Re: Astro Metal/Fertility changes

Postby Whis » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 16:26

Maybe something could be worked to make other styles of play legitimate.

I.E.,
Earthlies get a 10% defense damage and defenses cost 20% less to make for simmers.
Asteroids produce hanger units at 10% discount.

Something like that.

User avatar
Winchester
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Posts: 17621
Joined: Tue 24 Mar, 2009 00:44
Reputation: 759
Location: The World Wide Cesspool

Re: Astro Metal/Fertility changes

Postby Winchester » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 17:59

Whis wrote:Maybe something could be worked to make other styles of play legitimate.

I.E.,
Earthlies get a 10% defense damage and defenses cost 20% less to make for simmers.
Asteroids produce hanger units at 10% discount.

Something like that.


Sounds familiar.

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things."
User avatar
Whis
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Posts: 588
Joined: Thu 28 Nov, 2013 06:53
Reputation: 20

Re: Astro Metal/Fertility changes

Postby Whis » Wed 05 Jul, 2017 04:23

Winchester wrote:
Whis wrote:Maybe something could be worked to make other styles of play legitimate.

I.E.,
Earthlies get a 10% defense damage and defenses cost 20% less to make for simmers.
Asteroids produce hanger units at 10% discount.

Something like that.


Sounds familiar.

You caught me not doing my homework. :clap:

Yes, like that.

GOATGOAT
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu 29 Jun, 2017 02:31
Reputation: 5

Re: Astro Metal/Fertility changes

Postby GOATGOAT » Thu 06 Jul, 2017 21:34

How about fewer servers. Do one 2.0 and one 1.5 every 6 months. So we get better turnout. It blows with Fkabank's multies outnumber actual players.


Return to “Feature Request”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests