Suggestions to avoid the "mexican standoffs"

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Fury-2
Guild: Ashes
Galaxy: Epsilon

Suggestions to avoid the "mexican standoffs"

Postby Fury-2 » Tue 09 Jan, 2018 09:40

As the game is right now you end up with a major guild dominating each of the 3 clusters. This leads to sort of a "mexican standoff" where one guild can't invade any of the others in fear of the 3rd guild sweeping in to clean up the winner. With the limited player base that remains It would maybe make for more a dynamic political landscape in the game if it was rather releases as say 8-10 smaller clusters of 4-5 galaxies each. Would likely result in more relevant guilds, alliances, and so on.

anyways just my initial thoughts on how to make the game better,

edit: remove two suggestions that were included in the frequently requested list.
Last edited by Fury-2 on Wed 10 Jan, 2018 16:57, edited 1 time in total.

Winchester
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Re: Suggestions to avoid the "mexican standoffs"

Postby Winchester » Tue 09 Jan, 2018 13:51

No.

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things."
Fury-2
Guild: Ashes
Galaxy: Epsilon

Postby Fury-2 » Wed 10 Jan, 2018 14:26

To all of it? :P Might i ask why you think its a bad idea? In hindsight i see that the last 2 suggestions were on the frequent asked list, so mainly reffering to the first part of my original post.

Soldier48
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: SPuD
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Soldier48 » Wed 10 Jan, 2018 16:57

4th galaxy would suffice imo... just release the 00s-39s the same as before. With 4 clusters that should end the standoff for the most part. Though the more clusters would make things interesting to say the least.

As for rest meh, I like my rockies.

"Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war" (Julius Caesar)
You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everybody dances with the Grim Reaper.
Slippin
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Slippin » Wed 10 Jan, 2018 17:05

I think 5 galaxies per cluster for new servers makes sense. Wouldn’t it be a simple fix? Just make distance between 04-05, 14-15, 24-25 2000 Distance? Then you have 6 clusters where unique political situation can arise making game more interesting.

Active - O: [IMP], S: [2ez], L2: [R-M]
Soldier48
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: SPuD
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Soldier48 » Wed 10 Jan, 2018 18:39

Slippin wrote:I think 5 galaxies per cluster for new servers makes sense. Wouldn’t it be a simple fix? Just make distance between 04-05, 14-15, 24-25 2000 Distance? Then you have 6 clusters where unique political situation can arise making game more interesting.
True, but I think that changes a lot of the base game, that it would have to be combined into a v3 with some other changes as well.

I don't think we can suddenly make the next 1.5 or 2 servers have different distance/travel times.

"Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war" (Julius Caesar)
You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everybody dances with the Grim Reaper.

Return to “Feature Request”