Version 1.5 to Version 1.75

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Philosopher Cody
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [NPO]
Galaxy: Alpha

Version 1.5 to Version 1.75

Postby Philosopher Cody » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 16:40

I would like to see the Version 1.5 Serves brought to Version 1.75. What would Version 1.75 look like? Here are the list of proposed changes:
1. Implement the following feature to attract new players.
New players would be given a temporary speed boost based on the age of the server. The oldest existing account on the server dictates how much of a speed boost is provided. Here is the list:
1. If the oldest player is 10 years old or older then new players (for a period of 1 year) receive a boost of double speed for construction and research (Techs and structures take half the time). Plus 300 credits per hour.
2. 5 years to 9 years old then (1.75 times boost) (for a period of 9 months) Plus 200 credits per hour.
3. 3 years to 5 years (1.5 times boost) (for a period of 6 months) Plus 100 credits per hour.

This would allow new players to acquire the necessary structures and techs to be competitive. Also this would get the new players to upgrade because they could take more advantage of the benefits to catch up.

2. Improve upon the existing in game scouting tool. Information scouted by one guild member should be available to the rest of the guild. This information should also be searchable. It would exist within a tab called "Guild Intel" and all information from scouting would exist in it. There could be a very simple yet effective search feature as well as allowing a person to select a galaxy such as A00, A01, A02, etc... and after opening that open, seeing a list of all known base coordinates and the base's owner in order by location coordinates.

3. Revamp the one IP address per upgrade account policy. Instead of using one IP address to verify uniqueness of an account, a player would be required to link their astroempires account with a facebook account. Times have changed, and mobile networks which many people play on do not work well with IP addresses. So connecting it to a facebook account could be an acceptable alternative to ensuring the rule of one account per person per server.

I honestly think that these changes would help AE to attract new members, keep existing members, and possibly get old players to come back.

swearengen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Version 1.5 to Version 1.75

Postby swearengen » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 23:08

All that does is get ppl to level 30 a lot faster
So the old accounts can attack em sooner.

Winchester
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Winchester » Tue 16 Jan, 2018 00:01

Alternatively, why not a new econ structure?

Eh?

Eh?

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things."
CrazyLegs
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: X.Org

Postby CrazyLegs » Tue 16 Jan, 2018 16:55

Mark Zuckerberg, is that you?

Rajam
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: [CRUEL]

Postby Rajam » Tue 16 Jan, 2018 17:00

Wizard is giving you a version of this very soon. Let's all be happy we are getting some attention.

:)

The Gene Pool Could Use Some Chlorine!
mareckidoch

Postby mareckidoch » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 15:31

Wow, wonderful advices

Soldier48
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: SPuD

Postby Soldier48 » Wed 31 Jan, 2018 23:49

I mean a way to keep players is not send a levi to an enemy blob and shield rape the level 50s and below's mobiles before one of the 100+ players realizes there's a levi on the blob.... just saying...

Anyways nothing else can really be done, the issue you run into speed boosts is what if a new player starts now under your design, then in 2 years he somehow catches up to a year 10? Still has his boost applied and suddenly is now higher than the Year 10? Year 10 gets 0 boost, and what is the point for him to play?

If you really want to protect new players, then creating smaller protectorates with a proactive recruiting system, and have level 100s stop *beep* on level 50s and below? tbh it isn't hard to level up, I got a friend who is nearly level 30 in less than 2 weeks of playing Alpha. He just finds undefended bases of players below level 30 and takes them. I also chipped in 200k of derbs for him as well. So it isn't hard for a player to get to a decent level.

The problem you run into is level 50s, having to figure out a way to shoot turtled bases with no fleet to use, and then constantly get shot by bigger guilds because they can't afford to turtle up/build as much fleet and also build up their capacities. At that point a speed boost wouldn't help them, but some sort of further protection rule might. I know the level 30 rule is annoying for those trying to farm CUBE on Alpha, but there needs to be an increase in that to protect those mid-levels. Furthermore I would amend the protection rules that if a player pokes above protection there is a limited amount of time before protection can be reestablished, so if a player goes above level 30, then immediately drops to 29 they lose protection for 2 weeks or something. Just a suggestion on that end.

"Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war" (Julius Caesar)
You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everybody dances with the Grim Reaper.
SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: ASAE

Postby SEWI » Thu 01 Feb, 2018 01:05

the game is fine as it is....bullies will alwayz be bullies...

dont give them a home in your guild would work....

instead you let them do the dirty work...then complain when it turns against you.....

10 honest players for every bully and there are no isues...

your guild strategy is your enemy.....nobody else....

especially not ......the game itself....

the old story of blaming the knife instead of the hand that wielded it.

I still want my master comandtrainer button though...:)

and i woudnt reject a new command ship also...:):)

Same name...same guild...all servers... :biglaugh:
leesmack
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: Alpha
Kappa
Rigel

Postby leesmack » Thu 01 Feb, 2018 02:07

Soldier48 wrote:I mean a way to keep players is not send a levi to an enemy blob and shield rape the level 50s and below's mobiles before one of the 100+ players realizes there's a levi on the blob.... just saying...

Anyways nothing else can really be done, the issue you run into speed boosts is what if a new player starts now under your design, then in 2 years he somehow catches up to a year 10? Still has his boost applied and suddenly is now higher than the Year 10? Year 10 gets 0 boost, and what is the point for him to play?

If you really want to protect new players, then creating smaller protectorates with a proactive recruiting system, and have level 100s stop *beep* on level 50s and below? tbh it isn't hard to level up, I got a friend who is nearly level 30 in less than 2 weeks of playing Alpha. He just finds undefended bases of players below level 30 and takes them. I also chipped in 200k of derbs for him as well. So it isn't hard for a player to get to a decent level.

The problem you run into is level 50s, having to figure out a way to shoot turtled bases with no fleet to use, and then constantly get shot by bigger guilds because they can't afford to turtle up/build as much fleet and also build up their capacities. At that point a speed boost wouldn't help them, but some sort of further protection rule might. I know the level 30 rule is annoying for those trying to farm CUBE on Alpha, but there needs to be an increase in that to protect those mid-levels. Furthermore I would amend the protection rules that if a player pokes above protection there is a limited amount of time before protection can be reestablished, so if a player goes above level 30, then immediately drops to 29 they lose protection for 2 weeks or something. Just a suggestion on that end.
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....

Cruel

Return to “Feature Request”