(Auto) Scouting 101: A class for Wizard

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Moderator: Support Moderators

swearengen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: (Auto) Scouting 101: A class for Wizard

Postby swearengen » Sat 03 Feb, 2018 01:51

Baylor wrote:In reality Cody, any kind of personal warfare against DSIS will only savage and decrease the player base and revenues even more. You compare AE to one year ago, 3 years ago, there are less moneys, less player base, no more than 3 clusters going back for ~3 years.

On the other hand, one of the under-reported stories of Kepler is the rise of the great many in diverse farm guilds. So AE's salvation on the financial front could very well come from those guilds and new players, that new players are still finding the game somehow is encouraging. Old pros and old pros guilds will go the way of the dinosaurs as people keep mass quitting from new servers, and the new varmints and marmots type guilds may prove to be the more adaptable.

I would soften my crit somewhat that so far the reviews from the people ingame seem to be mostly favorable to the so called auto scout. On the plus side it works even when you're not logged in, supposedly. on the negative side it takes 24 hours to scout a galaxy, and there is way to share the intel with guildies, scout speed reduced by 20%. 24 hours to "auto scout" a galaxy? useless in case of the cluster being targeted by terror ninja by a decent guild on young/mid-life aged servers.
I agree
Only benefit I see currently is like you said ya don't have to be logged in.
I've read few posts where ppl mentioned the reason he did it the way he did was so server wasn't overloaded idk if it's true or not.

Although I'm sure the community would love to hear what ideas or thoughts he has on other things he is/thinking putting in.

Rajam
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: [CRUEL]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Rajam » Sat 03 Feb, 2018 02:32

A long time ago he posted some ideas about where we were headed. They turned into multi-page *beep* and cry sessions from both sides. I hope he never does that again because it was toxic.

EDIT: Actually let me soften that a little. I do not believe that asking the community what they want is wise as it's very often not guided by internal information on where the direction of the game is headed. It just leads to people giving opinions and arguing with each other when the direction is mostly set.

The Gene Pool Could Use Some Chlorine!
Uncle Ben
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Derbhoes!
Galaxy: Andromeda

Postby Uncle Ben » Sat 03 Feb, 2018 05:56

...so y'all jus'' gonna blatantly ignore muh announcemount then, ey?

aight

/REQUEST LOCK

swearengen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby swearengen » Sat 03 Feb, 2018 06:33

Uncle Ben wrote:...so y'all jus'' gonna blatantly ignore muh announcemount then, ey?

aight

/REQUEST LOCK
What you babbling bout?

U started a scout thread because of the new change
So wee been staying on topic

/REQUEST LOCK

DENIED :bleh:

Uncle Ben
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Derbhoes!
Galaxy: Andromeda

Postby Uncle Ben » Sat 03 Feb, 2018 07:11

1) You're not currently a mod, and judging by your childish behaviour it's very unlikely you'll ever be one too.
2) It's MY beepin thread, I can request locks as much as I damn well please.
3) I'll say it a second time but not a third time: This thread is about a FR, there's a perfectly fine alternative thread in "Feedback" for discussing the CURRENT auto scout system
4) stfu
5) ???
6) PROFIT

Themis
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Postby Themis » Sat 03 Feb, 2018 07:20

/locked because it's Ben's thread so he can

Ooh looky... Forum Rules ... read them!

Return to “Feature Request”