Upgraded Guilds

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Lazy Titan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [INDOM]ie

Upgraded Guilds

Postby Lazy Titan » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 17:19

I know FRs are ignored but well im giving a shot in the dark , this idea could bring a big revenue to the game while bringing new features to the players
so , here's the idea , a new type of currency called GC (Guild Credits) can be bought for money by any guild members where every 1$ = 10 GU by default (or whatever rate you guys want idc for this part) , the GCs are stored in a GC bank where the GM of that guild can use these GCs to buy Guild Upgrade , the cost of the GU will be determined by the equation GU price = (No of members) / 24 * 100 per month , so basically a 50 member guild will have to pay 250$ per year , sounds fair (like 5$ per person that means < 0.5$ per month) , basically if we assume that 50 guilds (im sure with the old server farts its more than that i mean alpha has 10 buying guilds atleast) bought the upgrade , the game will gain 12500$ per annum , and im being too low with the numbers of upgraded guilds ( i mean on kepler if this was implemented ill automatically assume that FTW BMF SPORK INDOM will buy the upgrade and we have like 20 servers)

of course there will be a table displaying the $$ contribution of each person

Now for everything comes a price obviously , we expect benefits , perhaps some of them might have been mentioned earlier but then again my idea is that we get guild features for guild upgrade

i propose adding a guild map and a new guild rank called C (for the word cartography) , the map could be edited by GMs , VGMs and the people with rank C , on the map , several categories can be added like friendly JGs , enemy JGs , enemy bases , OP LZ and SG (starting gate) etc

we can also have a guild database where the results of auto scout can be automatically uploaded there

a live chat can be also implemented because duh everyone wants that , not to mention additional guild tabs because why not

customizable guild tag and new features to the guild main page

two upgraded guilds can have a shared board tab

and much more ideas can be implemented

so yeah thats my idea , not really expecting at all to get noticed by the wizard or anyone else but he lost this money not me

Trouble maker , have a long and continuous history in making enemies / haters whatever , still intending to make a lot more because i get bored and i want *beep* and giggles
Winchester
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Re: Upgraded Guilds

Postby Winchester » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 17:57

This general idea has been done far better in the past and seems to incorporate a handful of other ideas that have also been done better in the past.

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things."
blahblah
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby blahblah » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 22:41

Having some way that players could "pay" there guild fees by other means say doing reviews ect .
Probably having an in-game currency that main use is guild upgrade and 1year upgrade also gives a few in-game currency .

giving AE the bird since 2009
Lazy Titan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Lazy Titan » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 18:03

Winchester wrote:This general idea has been done far better in the past and seems to incorporate a handful of other ideas that have also been done better in the past.
enlighten us then if you please
blahblah wrote:Having some way that players could "pay" there guild fees by other means say doing reviews ect .
Probably having an in-game currency that main use is guild upgrade and 1year upgrade also gives a few in-game currency .
well its not obligatory to buy it yourself, i mean some members of the guild should be financially able to take the share of others , but yeah maybe this service of doing offers / downloading stuff could be put like all other games

Trouble maker , have a long and continuous history in making enemies / haters whatever , still intending to make a lot more because i get bored and i want *beep* and giggles
Winchester
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Winchester » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 23:59

Read the stickies, use the search function, follow the rules, and enlighten yourself.

Lazy Titan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Lazy Titan » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 00:19

you do realise my main idea is to make upgrade for guilds , the features are just bang for bucks and i said many were already said , i am not an idiot i have went through the search and the sticky and i found nothing refering to having guilds with an upgraded status

Winchester
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Winchester » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 02:26

You do realize that the fact of "guild upgrades" is 100% useless without the benefits, right? Otherwise this is no different from the following:

You: Hey guys we should have a new building.
Us: What would said new building do/provide?
You: I dunno. Who cares? New building!
Us: /ferdoc

Also, I hate to break it to you, but this idea is so bad that Soundwave beat you to it.

blahblah
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby blahblah » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 13:39

While I would have agreed with Winchester a few years ago .
There's just not the Forum whores there used to be and some form of guild upgrade feature isn't such a bad idea .
I mean wizard seems to be looking for inspiration again and I wouldn't be surprised that another income stream could be one of them and guild upgrade features seams an easy one .
Even if it just allows fluff like board features and guild profiles and maybe access to say a guild data base .

giving AE the bird since 2009
Lazy Titan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Lazy Titan » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 17:44

Winchester wrote:You do realize that the fact of "guild upgrades" is 100% useless without the benefits, right? Otherwise this is no different from the following:

You: Hey guys we should have a new building.
Us: What would said new building do/provide?
You: I dunno. Who cares? New building!
Us: /ferdoc

Also, I hate to break it to you, but this idea is so bad that Soundwave beat you to it.
yeah because my idea is 100% like that one you linked , the guy literally said to treat a guild like a player account but i devised a structure for this idea
not to mention that i said that i just want to get the features everyone else purposed , but they wont happen because wizard doesnt give a *beep*, im just proposing a cash motive for him to work and implement what you guys wanted since eterniry

blahblah wrote:While I would have agreed with Winchester a few years ago .
There's just not the Forum whores there used to be and some form of guild upgrade feature isn't such a bad idea .
I mean wizard seems to be looking for inspiration again and I wouldn't be surprised that another income stream could be one of them and guild upgrade features seams an easy one .
Even if it just allows fluff like board features and guild profiles and maybe access to say a guild data base .
exactly

Lazy Titan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Lazy Titan » Sat 17 Feb, 2018 22:49

interesting arguments , i thank you for these because they help developing a more mature idea ( not like any of the staff will care but we can dream lol)
so to commence , i agree , auto scout right now is too weak compared to the Angel script, as well as the new database because of a lack of information like Eco etc , this needs to be refined ( i saw an interesting suggestion which is some technology to increase auto scout ships in correlation with the technology level which could be a suitable solution to an extent)

anyways now to the points in the features discussed by this post ( which are not really the point of this post but rather just a bang for bucks as described , my main idea is to provide more motivation to the game staff so we can get the better features posted already here )

i'm going to start with the easiest, the live chat is because when new teams form (for example when GOGO and INDOM merged) GOGO had and still has a team chat for 5 years (slack) , we tried to use discord but people didn't really commit to talking in it , they kinda forgot about it because they never had these and it went with the wind , i am certain it wont help the more professional guilds but it wont hurt them , and on the contrary it will help the newer ones

customizable guild tags implies that guilds can put fonts , style (italic or bold) or color on their tags , as well as guild name , and for the new features for guild page i was thinking about the customizability of the guild page elements like where can we place the image , guild statistics etc ( but i guess that's just dreams because of technical difficulties)

and about the enter guild chat room , it doesn't really require families , allied guilds or guilds that are about to merge can use this tab , for example it can save failed mergers from happened before they happen , it can be also put up for *beep* and giggles or democratic negotiations

last but not least , the guild map , you see , your point is valid , but think of it , i don't imagine you can enjoy AE without your map even if you know the locations and everything , this map can be a reflection of the guild database like it displays all the planets scouted by your guildies , and the GM and VGM and the C ranks can put tags on the most important places this way they can have as many as they want and keep space in the guild info for more things like tactics , specified rules and ranks etc

Return to “Feature Request”