Ion Frig Nerf

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Moderator: Support Moderators

User avatar
Lazy Titan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 395
Joined: Tue 31 Oct, 2017 22:20
Reputation: 35
Guild: [INDOM]ie

Re: Ion Frig Nerf

Postby Lazy Titan » Thu 08 Mar, 2018 20:17

and here comes the typical retard with the assumption that AE/AE history is rocket science and not another typical tribal wars in space

Trouble maker , have a long and continuous history in making enemies / haters whatever , still intending to make a lot more because i get bored and i want *beep* and giggles
swearengen
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 993
Joined: Tue 08 Jul, 2014 21:00
Reputation: 71

Re: Ion Frig Nerf

Postby swearengen » Thu 08 Mar, 2018 22:13

One Lazy Titan wrote:
Gothmog wrote:
One Lazy Titan wrote:IFs are rarely used as of now , you can't be serious to demand and nerf them just because you got derbed by them , easy solution to counter them is to bring meat shields and voila


Never been ZF.
I use IF on each server myself.
Thats why I know they overpowered.

and rarely used...?
LOL
seems to be the most used ship on every server since frontier.
apart from FT!

They cheap, fast, carry own meat shield and can kill anything in the game.
tell me thats not out of balance?
They make lot of other ships redundant.

indeed, they are rare , i rarely see few IF specs in each blob compared to CR HC and FR
but yeah they are increasing in numbers because as i said newer servers are filled with newbs and no pros , so DNs Titans etc got a big comeback and thus the IF return


I disagree IF have always been used.Their usage isnt as large as HC and such.But i dont think any increase that u "see" is due to newbs and such.

Myself iv always used em simply cause they are fast and Frig is the 1st fast ship to unlock.So figured screw it just unlock the ion spec and continue on.
So ppl go crazy on tech and unlock everything. Lol

User avatar
Lazy Titan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 395
Joined: Tue 31 Oct, 2017 22:20
Reputation: 35
Guild: [INDOM]ie

Re: Ion Frig Nerf

Postby Lazy Titan » Thu 08 Mar, 2018 22:28

im telling you from experience , i spent some time with newbs and other with pros
look at for example alpha and at kepler
in kepler i am surrounded by newbs including myself , atleast 6 or 7 i know pushed DNs from the very beginning they heard its cool, actual fighter fleets are very rare and the most times where you see many fighters is a frigate fleet
go now to alpha and see any blob of a big guild , most of them have tons of fighters , only few have caps , simply caps are not as good as FTs because there is always an IF bomber to beat the crap out of you
in kepler i realised that there is a lack of actual pros , sure there are many veterans but gameplay age =/= being a pro and the existence of many popular but hated characters since the 1.5s , the mentality has changed and the server just keeps on changing ship trends while newbs keep pushing for DNs, its why the IFs are returned , more newbs means more caps and thus the IFs are popular again for easy derbs , sure they were used often earlier but now the usage augmented

Trouble maker , have a long and continuous history in making enemies / haters whatever , still intending to make a lot more because i get bored and i want *beep* and giggles
swearengen
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 993
Joined: Tue 08 Jul, 2014 21:00
Reputation: 71

Re: Ion Frig Nerf

Postby swearengen » Fri 09 Mar, 2018 03:10

U are entilted to your opinion on the using of IF's

Slippin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 422
Joined: Fri 15 Jul, 2016 16:19
Reputation: 50

Re: Ion Frig Nerf

Postby Slippin » Fri 09 Mar, 2018 08:05

Yeah, if you cannot see the benefit of ion frigs you are crazy lol. Almost as versatile as hc on v1.5 but more versatile than hc on 2.0.

It’s easy...lol.

They are overpowered. Any guild should balance spec. That is duty of LS. Any guild who rando pushes DN only is farms, lol.

Active - O: [IMP], S: [2ez], L2: [R-M]
User avatar
Lazy Titan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 395
Joined: Tue 31 Oct, 2017 22:20
Reputation: 35
Guild: [INDOM]ie

Re: Ion Frig Nerf

Postby Lazy Titan » Fri 09 Mar, 2018 21:48

well seeing that in kepler around 4 of the biggest guilds turned into farms , yeah im pretty sure my point stands
i am not denying that they are good , i am relating the increasement in their numbers to the augmentation of the number of noobs in a server compared to pros , the only two guilds that can be classified as pro in kepler are BMF and FTW , all the others , go indom xoxo spork riot zion and the list goes on , all are farmable now (but saved by a big daddy) or were farmed and saved by one of the pros
Edit : i am classified as a noob

Trouble maker , have a long and continuous history in making enemies / haters whatever , still intending to make a lot more because i get bored and i want *beep* and giggles
swearengen
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 993
Joined: Tue 08 Jul, 2014 21:00
Reputation: 71

Re: Ion Frig Nerf

Postby swearengen » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 02:03

Iv been playing the IF spec since Andromeda server.And while there might have been a lil up and down depending of the server.There hasnt been that big of drop or increase in its usage really
I dont think a nerf is in order,but im just 1 player

User avatar
Logans Run
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1550
Joined: Sat 13 Aug, 2016 07:47
Reputation: 128

Re: Ion Frig Nerf

Postby Logans Run » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 02:30

swearengen wrote:Iv been playing the IF spec since Andromeda server.And while there might have been a lil up and down depending of the server.There hasnt been that big of drop or increase in its usage really
I dont think a nerf is in order,but im just 1 player

1 slacker player. Your opinion is invalid. Pound sand.

Retired finally yay! \o/
Chasing reality
User avatar
blahblah
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1876
Joined: Fri 03 Apr, 2009 13:41
Reputation: 52
Location: not the USA

Re: Ion Frig Nerf

Postby blahblah » Sat 10 Mar, 2018 02:36

Haven't played for a bit but with out recent
Experience how would cruiser spec go now
Keeping RCS low and min amount of meat
Wouldn't they be at least as good as IF
Or is it to hard with with the fleet maintenance to have enough to hit bases
I know they would be useless against caps but wouldn't they be best against everything else and largely immune to IF .

giving AE the bird since 2009
swearengen
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 993
Joined: Tue 08 Jul, 2014 21:00
Reputation: 71

Re: Ion Frig Nerf

Postby swearengen » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 02:04

Logans Run wrote:
swearengen wrote:Iv been playing the IF spec since Andromeda server.And while there might have been a lil up and down depending of the server.There hasnt been that big of drop or increase in its usage really
I dont think a nerf is in order,but im just 1 player

1 slacker player. Your opinion is invalid. Pound sand.


I play more then you do so
STFU you syphilis infested cum bubble of a cocksucker

If someone on the forums wants your opinion we will give it to you

User avatar
Logans Run
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1550
Joined: Sat 13 Aug, 2016 07:47
Reputation: 128

Re: Ion Frig Nerf

Postby Logans Run » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 02:26

swearengen wrote:
Logans Run wrote:
swearengen wrote:Iv been playing the IF spec since Andromeda server.And while there might have been a lil up and down depending of the server.There hasnt been that big of drop or increase in its usage really
I dont think a nerf is in order,but im just 1 player

1 slacker player. Your opinion is invalid. Pound sand.


I play more then you do so
STFU you syphilis infested cum bubble of a cocksucker

If someone on the forums wants your opinion we will give it to you

Wow :shock:
If i was a snowflake lefty i would be offended.
instead..+1 for having balls to say that in this section. ..how long is the suspension, fudgepacker?

Btw..its amazing you were not kicked early from Bmf..your accnt is so sad. You call that playing?
I do more by not playing.

Retired finally yay! \o/
Chasing reality
User avatar
Lazy Titan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 395
Joined: Tue 31 Oct, 2017 22:20
Reputation: 35
Guild: [INDOM]ie

Re: Ion Frig Nerf

Postby Lazy Titan » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 16:26

oh boy its a roast fest

Trouble maker , have a long and continuous history in making enemies / haters whatever , still intending to make a lot more because i get bored and i want *beep* and giggles
User avatar
Logans Run
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1550
Joined: Sat 13 Aug, 2016 07:47
Reputation: 128

Re: Ion Frig Nerf

Postby Logans Run » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 12:49

One Lazy Titan wrote:oh boy its a roast fest

Hmm..by now he should have retorted.
Mods, i didnt really mean suspension was due.
Swear is ok.
Well...maybe a 5-10day suspension from forums is a good idea. Will be some peace n quiet from ol swearsBuckets. :biglaugh:

As far as ion being too powerful? Meh maybe. Dont think thats the major issue of player loss which is most important.

Retired finally yay! \o/
Chasing reality
User avatar
SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1146
Joined: Thu 10 Sep, 2015 01:30
Reputation: 73
Guild: ASAE
Location: AE

Re: Ion Frig Nerf

Postby SEWI » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 12:21

I alwayz make a nice secondary ionfrig/fighter fleet indeed.... powerfull and fast suicide squads across server... just enjoy them next to your main(s)....

Same name...same guild...all servers... :biglaugh:
User avatar
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Posts: 19463
Joined: Mon 08 Dec, 2008 23:35
Reputation: 587
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]
Location: Gondolin

Re: Ion Frig Nerf

Postby Wlerin » Mon 26 Mar, 2018 01:58

For what it's worth, if I still played I'd be against this request. The problem isn't with Ion Frigs it's with fleet maintenance. That said, on to the complete newbsauce calling other players newbs:

Lazy Titan wrote:im telling you from experience , i spent some time with newbs and other with pros
look at for example alpha and at kepler
in kepler i am surrounded by newbs including myself , atleast 6 or 7 i know pushed DNs from the very beginning they heard its cool, actual fighter fleets are very rare and the most times where you see many fighters is a frigate fleet

Both Fighters and Frigates are terrible under 2.0 rules, because they require huge numbers + constant resupply for maximum efficiency. It has nothing to do with inexperience (except maybe wrong vs. right experience, considering your next line is a comparison to Alpha, which has no fleet maintenance nor a number of other changes). Caps are king because you can munch on small, maintenance-gimped fleet after small maintenance-gimped fleet and hardly lose any ships.

Lazy Titan wrote:go now to alpha and see any blob of a big guild , most of them have tons of fighters , only few have caps , simply caps are not as good as FTs because there is always an IF bomber to beat the crap out of you

>comparing a new, 2.0 server to the oldest 1.5 server


Return to “Feature Request”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests