First impressions of new Reports feature w/ improvements

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Sean Likes Pandas
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: D2-[DOGE] VGM & more.
Galaxy: Pegasus

First impressions of new Reports feature w/ improvements

Postby Sean Likes Pandas » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 17:54

I would like to applaud Cybertopia on their very good changes to the game but would also like to bring up some possible enhancements that would be useful after playing the new server:

1. Possibly make a new <td> column for current base economy (if it can be seen) or economy of the base when last seen if it cannot be seen by player currently.
- During the start of Lynx server I realized that if there was a new base built it would go somewhat unnoticed by the players using the Reports tab from Empire, especially in a contested galaxy. There could be different ways of doing this but I believe showing economy would mostly solve this issue as well as be generally helpful. I sometimes find myself wanting this so far but not too much.

2. In the PHP of the link for players' names, can the link hover feature showing the player's level and the percentage of your level the player when hovering over a player name be added?

Code: Select all

<a href="profile.aspx?player=x"
//Missing: title="Player level $x ($x% of your level)"
>

- I think this was one of the features I wished for the most when I started using the new reports feature. When I have a ton of enemies all around me and it was time for when people went from < lvl 10 to >= lvl 10, I found myself getting annoyed with checking all my enemies' levels (clicking profiles) to see if it was time for me to camp their level 10 switch. As compared to the other feature, I believe this feature is massively important both early game and late game (early game would relieve extreme inconvenience and late game minor). The only problem I could potentially see from a user point of view is that when hovering over the players' names, the small popup described above could potentially overlap over other items and cause annoyance. I personally don't believe this would be the case though. If this could be done it would actually be so much more convenient.

The first suggestion can take some time and coding but I'm not sure about the second. The second looks simple to me but I could just be ignorant here. The second one would be extremely useful though imo.

Whis
Global Moderator

Re: First impressions of new Reports feature w/ improvements

Postby Whis » Fri 30 Mar, 2018 19:38

Features I’d personally like to see are:

1) base economies when looking at the base report.

2) “fleet on owner base” Y/N when looking at fleet report

3) combine fleet and moving fleet reports and add a Y/N column for “fleet moving”

Sean Likes Pandas
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: D2-[DOGE] VGM & more.
Galaxy: Pegasus

Postby Sean Likes Pandas » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 16:25

Also would like to see a possible column for base defenses on base when last seen.

ian8144

Postby ian8144 » Tue 08 May, 2018 06:06

Also , is it possible to show which bases are occ when listing a guild , even if it is only your own guild ... like with the top jg?

O:IMP retired .. jade:mordor simming ...lynx :waiting for a war that's not looking like happening

Return to “Feature Request”