Game suggestions

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Carbon-1

Game suggestions

Postby Carbon-1 » Mon 26 Mar, 2018 14:23

I got this off of one of my guild mates that quit on G****

This was his outlook on the game and I agree on many points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly, if these Æ admins would update something useful, the game, especially this server, might stand a chance.

Once you get to a certain point, research and construction are both wasted pursuits.

Without the eco or active fleets to recycle, the funds to improve anything past that point would be hard to come by. Especially with costs going through the roof.

They need:

1)New techs to support new features and structures. Possibly a mining tech that increases crystal mining on Astros containing crystals.

2)New structures that are eco, construction and production based. Most of us make between 8k and 15k eco per hour and with such costly expansions, we need to have an expanded economic system. Most of use are capped at 22 and 23 bases due to cost. If they had a possible premium credit and cost for expansion, they might be able to generate income. Like say once you reach 23 bases, you can buy like 2 more using premium credits purchased with real money. I'd go for it.

3)New commander for eco and other possible expansion purposes. An eco commander would provide per base eco boosts allowing for increased research capability. Or how about a research commander that reduces research times too, not just cost.

4)New ship classes (the old ones are so stale). Everyone's tired of the old ships and we haven't had a new one in years. We need more mid and upper tier class ships with new or improved weapons. How about a purchasable attribute and slot for capital class ships so no encounter will be the same.

5)Level based protections beyond the level 10/20/30. The minor penalty for hitting a player so many levels lower then one of us is just completely pointless and stops no one. Newer players need to be protected from larger players. Off base fleet rules should still apply.

6)Limitations on occupations. Like no permanent occupations of active players. Impose a 2 or 3 day limit and a reoccupy limits so the player has time to recover.

7)Open the galaxy to include incorporating uses for gas giants and asteroid belts. If not just for parking fleet, then maybe add terraforming with certain structure requirements. Or some sort of mining mechanics with bonuses. It really would help.

And that's just for starters.
Making occasional visual improvements and useless in game rules like FM and changing base costs, isn't cutting it.
There is no logical progression for players like us that have reached the point where researches and constructions not only cost in the 10 and 20 mil credits but also are rated in months and in some cases, years. With such limited targets to go after, how would you fund research? Sim.. but simming for a 10mil credit research on a 10k per hour eco is just insane when combined with the time it takes for the research it's self.

These coders could maybe not fix, but severely improve this game with any one or a series of these minor upgrades.
But i doubt they'll even look at this post, let alone take any of it into consideration.
What do I know? I'm just a customer (or former).

Carbon-1

Re: Game suggestions

Postby Carbon-1 » Tue 27 Mar, 2018 00:20

Let me start by saying that I love AE. I have played since Beta and have only missed a few servers up to Gaia where I lost interest due to the lack of protections for some players.

Now here is my input on what my friend said in his post.

I think having an eco based commander or additional eco structures based on levels would be a good idea. It's true that once you get to a certain point in your tech levels, the credit cost alone is beyond what is sustainable even if 50% of the server wasn't inactive and you had fleet and bases to hit for creds. That's not even including the cost in time.

I have level 38 laser and armor on one account and to go beyond that is millions of credits and about a year+ in research time for both. By the time the next level finishes, I will probably be ready to quit. I'm not going to want to advance it any further and if I don't want to then there is no point in playing any longer. Why would I want to wait almost two years to get laser and armor matched in level?

Y'all would do good to have advanced eco structures and commanders with level requirements. It would only do good to improve game play for us guys over level 100+ and help keep interest.

A few new structures to improve research time would be good too. Maybe an orbital research center or something to that effect since the orbital theme is currently being explored (orbital shipyards, plants and bases). Everyone loves a structure that doesn't take up space. :D

New ships could only help to change the dynamics of the game in a good way. There have been too many strategies made over the years to combat certain fleet specs and new ships with new weapons and armor/shield would basically help by forcing new combat plans to fight certain specs. Besides that, most players seem to gravitate towards certain specs anyway (Cruisrs/HC/Frig/IF) due to their familiarity. Even if you decided against making a new fleet spec, then maybe a ship/fleet attribute system would also work.
You could make a new command type ship that would be required if a player wanted a fleet bonus/attribute, allow the commanding ship to have a commander slot, commanders that add specific attributes to a fleet or make an attribute system with installable power ups instead of commanders.

The level protection thing could only help to keep players interested. I mean, who wants to start on an old server that has guys level 160+ if once they hit level 30, they're wiped off the map via permanent occupation by said players? Occupation limits and restrictions on active players (any player not in the red) should be standard to protect interest and advancement. 24 hour occupation limits maybe with 7 day cool down period? I know some will disagree with me on that but there are games that have such strict attack limits in place and it works for them.

I know coding isn't as easy as making ideas, but getting something worth while in a game like this that has the support of it's players could really re-spark interest and give us a reason to continue playing.

Anyway, thanks for listening.
Carbon
Last edited by Carbon-1 on Tue 27 Mar, 2018 00:39, edited 1 time in total.

Carbon-1

Postby Carbon-1 » Tue 27 Mar, 2018 00:33

Almost forgot.

Yes, making use of the systems with only gas giants and asteroid belts in them would probably not hurt the game play. If all you did was made it so I could park on one of them, well I would be happy. ;)

Right now they're just useless spaces.

Gas giants could actually be useful. Give them limited space to build on and very low fertility but making them able to provide high amounts of gas for power and lower gravity bonus for orbital structures aside from the tech bonus could make them useful.

Asteroid belts. Well there isn't much you could do for them except maybe making them higher in eco possibilities also with limited build space. The added eco would be well suited for a 2.0 server rule set.

Richelieu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Richelieu » Tue 27 Mar, 2018 17:42

Read the stickies in FR, and do a search on the forum. All of what you posted has been posted time and time again.

"Carry on any enterprise as if all future success depended on it."

That being said, read the forum rules !!!
Carbon-1

Postby Carbon-1 » Tue 27 Mar, 2018 20:30

Didn't realize anybody even read this forum anymore.

lol

But still, noted.

SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: ASAE

Postby SEWI » Thu 29 Mar, 2018 15:57

its like saying....chess needs some new pieces....more squares....it doesnt...

Same name...same guild...all servers... :biglaugh:
Whis
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Whis » Fri 30 Mar, 2018 14:04

Not only have you failed to do the most basic of research on FMRs, I believe you dumped all the FMRs possible into one thread you possibly could. Please read the board specific rules and (maybe?) try again.

Return to “Feature Request”