Oh Gods of AE Please Hear Me Out.

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Moderator: Support Moderators

KFCSajin

Oh Gods of AE Please Hear Me Out.

Postby KFCSajin » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 12:51

A.E is losing players. To be honest I do not know how you manage to stay open with so few people buying 1 year upgrades anymore.
Version 2.5 did not help... In fact it made it worse since I feel cheaters have the upper hand because of the fleet maintenance.

Exactly what do you want? The way it is now it is cheaters vs the entire server. Eventually the rest of the server will only stick to buying 3 month upgrades and be content with buying 3 more months on the next server. Maybe they might even all quit?

This is what you need to do...

Make a new feature which displays combat reports and pillage reports publicly.
Honestly you do not need to employ someone to check for shared IP or cheaters.
Leave it to the A.E community!

If you leave the resources to us to be able to view critical information we can then report it to you directly with the proof.
Your players play A.E some times 12 hours a day for 7 days a week.
You cannot have a better employee than that to check for cheaters.

Indeed there are some things that need to be excluded from battle reports, but what needs to be accessible is the amount of credits pillaged, the amount of credits lost in fleet size, and debris created as well as who recycled and how much recycled from that specific pile. As well as when was the last time the one being occupied produced any fleet, and also the battle report to see is they are hitting their occupation correctly or if they are just hitting 10 fighters at a time on HCs.

If these kinds of reports are made public, the community itself will be able to find out the cheaters. Once we have the proof we will email it to you guys and you can deal with it.
---

I warned you guys a long time ago. I believe when I had an account in Juno and even before version 2.5 came out.
I asked you guys on the forum to please get rid of the cheaters or else everyone will leave.
Look who is right now...
Now you are making the "GF" the illegal script because you suddenly realized that those cheaters were in one way stealing money from you.
You lost your opportunity to make extra money and only now you are making the auto scouting possible.
But what is next? Are you going to make it possible for upgraded accounts to make as many multi accounts as they wish?

Those cheaters are making people quit A.E.
There is no point in buying upgrades longer than 3 months because every ~4 months you come up with a new server.
I dont want AE to die. For all purposes give me the code for the side and I will run it for you and give you any income. I am only 20. I started to play AE since I was 10 and a half. Very very soon I would have had AE as part of HALF my life! It is so important to me! You gave me so many friends here! Honestly I am losing them all and they are becoming toxic because you have never dealt with the cheaters properly! Please I beg you so much DO NOT SUPPORT THE CHEATERS ANY MORE! I warned you! I warned you a long time ago and look where we are!

You do not need their money! Who gives a nickle about their money! If you get the right audience you can get 6,000 or more players in a new server. That way even if just 10% upgrade themselves for 3 months you will get enough money to get by.

About 10.5 years ago I was in Cyprus. I was on vacation with my dad and I was bored there staying in our host's house waiting for late afternoon to go out and do something. I was on the computer when I saw an ad for A.E and I am not the type to click on ads. But I did. I did! And thank god I did because I love this game so much! I have never made such unique friends on the internet ever before! AE is a place to play a good game and to make great friends online. Please do not let this die.

Whatever money you have... Please do the right thing with it. Throw out the trash. Invest it wisely. I dont think you will ever have a chance to fix AE if you make a wrong step again. Please dont make a failure like you did with version 2.5. I am counting on you to fix the game once and for all.

If you are ever going to fix this issue and make A.E 3.0 please I urge you be very strict with the cheaters. You have a loyal community here who just want a simple game of AE. They are ready to play so much and report anything bad to you.
Once again I would like to know about ads for A.E that are still up and attracting people to play...
I hope. I really hope AE becomes what it was always meant to be.

Philosopher Cody
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [NPO]
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: Oh Gods of AE Please Hear Me Out.

Postby Philosopher Cody » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 14:37

I think Wizard is already making a good stride to stopping cheaters by implementing the latest scouting features. IP addresses in today's day of age cannot confirm if someone is cheating or not. Mobile devices come up the same if the signal goes to the same tower. Now if you have to link your account to a facebook profile that might make it better. With any online game, if you really want to cheat you can. People can have an account at home and one at a library or a different location such as work. It is not so easy to detect or to stop.

The best way to stop cheaters is to make cheating not worth the time and the effort. Take away any of the advantages and it will go way down without having to do anything else.

KFCSajin

Postby KFCSajin » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 15:09

Philosopher Cody wrote:I think Wizard is already making a good stride to stopping cheaters by implementing the latest scouting features. IP addresses in today's day of age cannot confirm if someone is cheating or not. Mobile devices come up the same if the signal goes to the same tower. Now if you have to link your account to a facebook profile that might make it better. With any online game, if you really want to cheat you can. People can have an account at home and one at a library or a different location such as work. It is not so easy to detect or to stop.

The best way to stop cheaters is to make cheating not worth the time and the effort. Take away any of the advantages and it will go way down without having to do anything else.

03 sept. Your join date and my birth date :)

I dont think we can change the game so much such as making cheating not worth it.

I think it was in Hydra?
A guild had something like 30 members. All multi fleet specs with probably 30 multi farms or even more.
I think only 10-20 people were controlling them all.

One day they all got found out and POOF vanished. In the end my guild had the advantage since we were closest to their strong hold and they emptied up a lot of rockies.
---
Even having 1 multi account is not permissible. I think a feature that will let the broad community look at how one is progressing in the game would solve the issue of cheaters. Once something suspicious is found, such as an occ that is not trying to free itself, we can get the link to that and send it to support. They can check for themselves what these accounts have been up to. If the player was just offline or if he knew but is bad at freeing himself, or if indeed it is just a multi account being used as a farm. There should be statistics about activity time and what they did during that. For example if they keep building econ while occupied and no fleet then the admins should enforce a no-hit protection on his occupier for 7 days or something.
And create a "battle reputation". The more a player loses fleet and gets occupied the lower his battle reputation will be.
If you try to hit someone with negative reputation you will hardly get debris, exp, or credits from them.

Philosopher Cody
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [NPO]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Philosopher Cody » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 16:00

I have seen some players who do not care and will just let a person keep occupying their bases. A maximum amount of pillages you can get from a base would help to stop the problem. Your idea of a no-hit protection for 7 days would help. If the occupying player has to wait 7 days before they can get another pillage then trying to hold the base would be a problem, and it would make cheating less appealing.

Perhaps after 5 pillages of a base, the occupying player cannot get another pillage until 7 days have past. At this time an automatic system notification would be sent to the admin/devs and they could look at the situation. In addition an automatic system notification being sent to the admins/devs if a particular player is occupied over 4 times in one month.

If certain flags were triggered, which would cause an investigation into the matter could help to stop multis and cheaters.

KFCSajin

Postby KFCSajin » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 16:04

Philosopher Cody wrote:I have seen some players who do not care and will just let a person keep occupying their bases. A maximum amount of pillages you can get from a base would help to stop the problem. Your idea of a no-hit protection for 7 days would help. If the occupying player has to wait 7 days before they can get another pillage then trying to hold the base would be a problem, and it would make cheating less appealing.

Perhaps after 5 pillages of a base, the occupying player cannot get another pillage until 7 days have past. At this time an automatic system notification would be sent to the admin/devs and they could look at the situation. In addition an automatic system notification being sent to the admins/devs if a particular player is occupied over 4 times in one month.

If certain flags were triggered, which would cause an investigation into the matter could help to stop multis and cheaters.

Yeah totally agree. It is an easy system to implement too.

AE made a mistake quite a long time ago where they thought they SHOULD NOT ban cheaters because they bring them money.
Look who is laughing. They are in a pinch with money now because a lot of people stopped buying upgrades.

They need to know how to market their game to a bigger audience, and kissing the feet of cheaters wont help them grow. They made a huge mistake.

Return to “Feature Request”