Feature to stop cheaters/pros from getting advantages.

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Moderator: Support Moderators

KFCSajin

Feature to stop cheaters/pros from getting advantages.

Postby KFCSajin » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 11:01

All too often cheaters make multiple accounts and use them as farms.
They even have time to waste and make an account for each fleet spec they want.
Even pro players, who are most likely retirees or students in the summer who have way too much time on their hands, have unfair advantages.

In this case, you ought to make a feature which can nerf both of their advantages down a tad bit.

I believe you already have a penalty or bonus depending on the level difference when pillaging and getting exp from battles.
I think that could be expanded upon and perhaps reworked a little.

Aside from level, economy, technology, fleet, and experience, something new has to appear. Like battle reputation. As mentioned in my last post as a reply...

Everyone starts with a little battle reputation and gets more after getting good ratios on hits and pillages. So aside from the level difference, also include the difference in battle reputation to either give them less pillage bonus if the difference is high between the attacker and defender, as well as a reduction in debris generated.
And at the point where someone's battle reputation hits the negative numbers due to constantly losing fleet and being occupied give them bonuses that will ward off attackers, such as rewarding the attacker no exp or derbs from their ships and occupying them will only give 1/15th their econ as well as not being able to plunder trade routes or attack fleet if it is on his base.
I dont think it can be abused by "simmers" for example the longer a person has not gone attacked they will be rewarded daily battle repuation, which will only keep increasing. So if someone purposely makes their B.R negative to sim in the future it wont work for long.

You should also include an automatic battle calculator on the attack screen page. First of all this will allow a person to land recyclers and carriers and any other fleet, and hit "start battle". However the only fleets that go into battle have already been screened in a simulation. So that way some fleets will not attack and the battle will happen automatically by selecting enough ships to enter the battle without the need of excess losses. (such as sparing destroyers or heavy bombers when you are hitting a swarm of fighters with a HC fleet spec).

Noobs also need help. I remember I managed to perma occ someone even after giving him tips. He never listened and I soon switched occupation fleet with battleships then dreads. I told him to build CCs and HBombers and then IBombers. Never listened.
So can you make purchasable products such as cease-fires to force a base to break its occupation for some duration? Of course include a cool down on those kind of items...

Death Smurf
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: BORG - A
SS - B
MOJO (GM) - C

Re: Feature to stop cheaters/pros from getting advantages.

Postby Death Smurf » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 15:15

KFCSajin wrote:Even pro players, who are most likely retirees or students in the summer who have way too much time on their hands, have unfair advantages.

In this case, you ought to make a feature which can nerf both of their advantages down a tad bit.

I've ignored the rest of it, as it's waffle. I had hoped for a good read but you opened this 'request' in the form of a whine.

Automatic battle calcs that sllow for the "best hit" and allow you to hit without damaging non combat fleet.. no, we lol at players like that when they do dumb hits. It's not rocket science to separate two fleets into combat and non combat.

Learn how the game is played, the mechanics is employed. All you are seeking to have is to be using a "cheat" as it were, and not learn the mechanics. It isn't simplifying, this is being lazy and would breed lazy players.

As for "pros" having unfair advantage, don't you encounter this in any game? someone has already done that before on your game server, and more experienced than you. Do you count their knowledge of how the game works as unfair, so you want everything handed to you on a platter?

Ceti Historian:
> The Ceti Historian
* Has received a R/L death threat about AE (gimme the e-tears!)
KFCSajin

Postby KFCSajin » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 11:24

Death Smurf wrote:
KFCSajin wrote:Even pro players, who are most likely retirees or students in the summer who have way too much time on their hands, have unfair advantages.

I've ignored the rest of it, as it's waffle. I had hoped for a good read but you opened this 'request' in the form of a whine.

Automatic battle calcs that sllow for the "best hit" and allow you to hit without damaging non combat fleet.. no, we lol at players like that when they do dumb hits. It's not rocket science to separate two fleets into combat and non combat.

Learn how the game is played, the mechanics is employed. All you are seeking to have is to be using a "cheat" as it were, and not learn the mechanics. It isn't simplifying, this is being lazy and would breed lazy players.

As for "pros" having unfair advantage, don't you encounter this in any game? someone has already done that before on your game server, and more experienced than you. Do you count their knowledge of how the game works as unfair, so you want everything handed to you on a platter?

Well forgive me for whining... I am in a dilemma with AE dying and nothing changing...

And I am not talking about normal advantages such as wisdom. I am talking about, for one example, sending out too much scouting fleets in 1 day. I know computer tech limits that, but there needs to be a stronger limiter.

And this isn't what is good for us old AE players. Think about the noobs who just want to play a game. Taylor it to them. They are the future and lifeblood of AE if it manages to stay open at all.

And who knows? Maybe automatic battle calculator can be a paid feature. Its all about the money.

Tomination
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: WL/STARK
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Postby Tomination » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 17:20

KFCSajin wrote:I believe you already have a penalty or bonus depending on the level difference when pillaging and getting exp from battles.

No bonus / penalty for pillage (that I am aware of). But this would have the opposite effect, right now I am fighting against occupation in Lynx and as I am higher level than my guild mates they would all go for me for the bonus over the others, meaning the higher level opponents would all perish leaving the higher level attackers even higher in level with less competition

Welcome to the Tomination: If there is no struggle, there is no progress.

Formerly played Alpha (2008 - 2013) (CLS), Currently playing Lynx (WL/STARK)
KFCSajin

Postby KFCSajin » Mon 30 Apr, 2018 16:24

Tomination wrote:
KFCSajin wrote:I believe you already have a penalty or bonus depending on the level difference when pillaging and getting exp from battles.

No bonus / penalty for pillage (that I am aware of). But this would have the opposite effect, right now I am fighting against occupation in Lynx and as I am higher level than my guild mates they would all go for me for the bonus over the others, meaning the higher level opponents would all perish leaving the higher level attackers even higher in level with less competition

You haven't noticed it because the effects are so small. I am advocating they make it more pronounced.
Hmm... Actually maybe they dont have to change that. They should include structures that reduce the amount pillaged.
But most of all something has to be done about it to make it easy to find out who if farming a multi account. That way we can report the guy.

Return to “Feature Request”