AE Auto Scout Tool

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Muzzar

AE Auto Scout Tool

Postby Muzzar » Tue 15 May, 2018 22:02

I am wondering why the AE scouting tool, which is a good tool and long overdue implementation, on report fleet number on base
in a "rounded" format ie 10000, 20000, 50000 etc etc

Why can the exact fleet amount sitting on a base not be reported?

I ask this as Delta Server has implemented a few great server wide rules and how we interact on the server and to try and get
more activity from all players on the server across all guilds

One of the rules in our NON WAR declaration states bases must have more than 20005 in accumulated fleet on a base before it can be hit
since you would show only a rounded figure ie 20000 we would still need to send a scout to all bases to ascertain
it potential to be hit, a time consuming thing

I am happily promoting the use of the AE auto scouting tool and since it is for upgraded players only, the better you can make it the more players may be liable to upgrade to use it

Please can you look at this request and respond accordingly

I will say there are a few other ideas around the scouting tool as enhancements I would like to see, but lets see how you go on this request first

Wizard
Game & Development Director
Game & Development Director

Re: AE Auto Scout Tool

Postby Wizard » Wed 16 May, 2018 00:22

Is a technical reason. The server just need to add a new entry on the historic of the fleet size when it changes for example from 200k to 500k, instead of add an entry on the historical every time a new unit is built for example.

When you look at a system you have seen at 2 days ago for example, it takes information from the historical of fleets there to display what was there.

Wizard
Astro Empires Administration
Philosopher Cody
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [NPO]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Philosopher Cody » Fri 18 May, 2018 18:06

Wizard wrote:Is a technical reason. The server just need to add a new entry on the historic of the fleet size when it changes for example from 200k to 500k, instead of add an entry on the historical every time a new unit is built for example.

When you look at a system you have seen at 2 days ago for example, it takes information from the historical of fleets there to display what was there.

Wizard I think he is asking why can it not show you the exact number of fleet instead of a rounded number? I do not think it matters if that information is historical or not. He just wants the values to be exact. So you could have a fleet of 20100 or 20105 and the scouting tool would report that number instead of the rounded number of 20,000 for fleet size.

Muzzar

Postby Muzzar » Tue 29 May, 2018 03:03

I fear Wizard is not customer focused.

Slogging away here in Delta for 10 and a half years putting up with sub standard program issues and inadequate features I think nothing much is heard from him that is of any real value

10.5 years for them to put a basic scout tool and trade tool really does show little interest and contempt from them in customer needs and satisfaction

Now lets see how long this stays up before the forum police remove it

Rajam
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: [CRUEL]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Rajam » Tue 29 May, 2018 04:53

While historically that may be true it appears that we have had a "new" Wizard over the last few months. This new Wizard has shown a lot of customer focus over that time. I think your blasting him a bit prematurely.

Only the future will tell if this new interest of his was brief or sustained.

The Gene Pool Could Use Some Chlorine!

Return to “Feature Request”