Trade server = no combat game

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Moderator: Support Moderators

hi2u

Trade server = no combat game

Postby hi2u » Thu 31 May, 2018 06:23

Is it possible to make a server that is non military/combat one?

I just like the idea of growth but without the option of be murdered/​robbed or whatever you name it from others (similar to other games - farm types. there is no MMO game with Space/Astro elements)?

You can think for some trading with ships and instead of weapon power levels to have cargo storage level. The weapons' research can be transformed into engine power/speed.

Is it possible to modify the game and start such server?​

Philosopher Cody
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: [{V}]
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: Trade server = no combat game

Postby Philosopher Cody » Thu 31 May, 2018 14:23

I am sure that this could be done, but there will be very few people who would play it. There would be no point to the game. Now if you expanded it to include combat where you can steal goods from others and plunder you will have a modern day space pirates game. But pure trade on its own will get boring. What do you with all of the money made? What is the point and/or objective to the game?

Why not just add a more in depth trading aspect into the existing game? Problem would be that it is too much of a micromanage task, and it is boring.

Back on the idea of just only trade game, most of those MMO games make money from having you purchase items/abilities. There are basically pay to win style of games, which you can never win. They can make a lot of money for the game developers but there is no real point or objective to the game.

hi2u

Postby hi2u » Thu 31 May, 2018 18:36

I am sure that this could be done, but there will be very few people who would play it. There would be no point to the game. Now if you expanded it to include combat where you can steal goods from others and plunder you will have a modern day space pirates game. But pure trade on its own will get boring. What do you with all of the money made? What is the point and/or objective to the game?

Why not just add a more in depth trading aspect into the existing game? Problem would be that it is too much of a micromanage task, and it is boring.

Back on the idea of just only trade game, most of those MMO games make money from having you purchase items/abilities. There are basically pay to win style of games, which you can never win. They can make a lot of money for the game developers but there is no real point or objective to the game.
Yes you are right... but look the picture from other side: LYNX server, TOP 1 player now have about 4.7k credits/h and about 2.3M sized fleet (400k XP). This guy put a lot of effort to reach this level of growth and at this moment is the strongest player of this game. He is also member of the TOP 1 guild. All this means that he earned a lot of money (credits) and even gave some real money from his pocket. Here is the moment to ask your question Philosopher Cody:
"What do(es) (he)you (do) with all of (the)his money made?" It is maybe boring to continue playing, but he still does...

You are right that this server will hardly reach the number of players of other but this is the reason to be the only one...

Platypus
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: My house

Postby Platypus » Fri 01 Jun, 2018 10:15

A few things:

1st: A large part of this game is combat. Yes it is all just a punch of clicking and waiting but attacking each other is a fun part of it. If you take that away you may as well just go play Farmville. Similar concept without any of the combat.

2nd: There will likely be very few players in a server that you suggest which means that there will be few paid upgraded account. Wizard isn't likely to create a server that will not bring in much if any money.

All in all the game concept as it is, is what brings people to play AE. If you want to try other games similar to what you are suggesting, I'm sure you can find some if you search around a bit. Also if Wizard were to start a server like you suggest, he may hold off on starting a new v1.5 server :scared:

Logic isn't necessary to win all arguments. Sometimes u just need to be the one who keeps saying "nuh uhhh"
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Fri 01 Jun, 2018 14:15

No. Pointless.

SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: ASAE

Postby SEWI » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 14:13

Just join ASAE... after they are done killing eachother we have nice ld trades all over the server....

Same name...same guild...all servers... :biglaugh:
kessedy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: .
USSV
LEZ

Postby kessedy » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 23:43

Yeah if you wish to be a useless farm, join ASAE.

Mr. Bunny , the best bunny.
Forums_suck

Postby Forums_suck » Tue 17 Jul, 2018 00:02

He's basically just suggesting a space ville, without the cartoonist graphics... Worst concept I've ever heard.

Santa Clause

Postby Santa Clause » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 06:33

Philosopher Cody wrote:I am sure that this could be done, but there will be very few people who would play it. There would be no point to the game. Now if you expanded it to include combat where you can steal goods from others and plunder you will have a modern day space pirates game. But pure trade on its own will get boring. What do you with all of the money made? What is the point and/or objective to the game?

so basically the game after this new update goes into effect....

Barnhole3rd
Guild: [RE] NOT ASAE, NEVER ASAE

Postby Barnhole3rd » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 19:10

Santa Clause wrote:
Philosopher Cody wrote:I am sure that this could be done, but there will be very few people who would play it. There would be no point to the game. Now if you expanded it to include combat where you can steal goods from others and plunder you will have a modern day space pirates game. But pure trade on its own will get boring. What do you with all of the money made? What is the point and/or objective to the game?

+1

:dance: :dance: :dance: With Me :dance: :dance: :dance:
Santa Clause

Postby Santa Clause » Mon 03 Sep, 2018 03:38

Barnhole3rd wrote:
Santa Clause wrote:

+1
Wait, just re-read that and let me get this straight, you want to turn this into Farmville, or any of the other Facebook games where you are required to purchase in game stuff to do pretty much anything but sim?
Hell no!!!!!!

swearengen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby swearengen » Mon 03 Sep, 2018 05:20

I agree thats bad idea
While some of those "pay to play" types are fun at times.

Its pointless in long term
Unless ya like that type of game.
Tech when ya buy upgrade here ya "get bit more"
Thats as far as it should go.

But wizard had the balls to ask his murdered playerbase to fund his stupid AL project
So guess nothing would surprise me

Santa Clause

Postby Santa Clause » Mon 03 Sep, 2018 23:19

If the developer's ideas are to cater to the weak, nerf the strong, and go towards a sim game like farmville, the all I can say is I have 37 telephone poles sitting in the back of my lot.... If you can assume the posisition and insert every one of them into yourself, then by all means, do whatever you want on here.... otherwise listen to the majority of the ACTIVE AND PAYING players..... ignore the idiots that play for a month then leave.... ignore the idiots that log in once every 3 weeks to queue up new fleet then go back inactive..... listen to those that are active AT LEAST AND NO LESS THAN ONCE A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swearengen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby swearengen » Tue 04 Sep, 2018 09:00

Santa Clause wrote:If the developer's ideas are to cater to the weak, nerf the strong, and go towards a sim game like farmville, the all I can say is I have 37 telephone poles sitting in the back of my lot.... If you can assume the posisition and insert every one of them into yourself, then by all means, do whatever you want on here.... otherwise listen to the majority of the ACTIVE AND PAYING players..... ignore the idiots that play for a month then leave.... ignore the idiots that log in once every 3 weeks to queue up new fleet then go back inactive..... listen to those that are active AT LEAST AND NO LESS THAN ONCE A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All you doing is ranting the same *beep* alot of previous players have done.
There is a reason the player base has dropped down to next to nothing.

Smh

I must have got lucky with your posts
Read the best one 1st and they shot downhill from there :(

Santa Clause

Postby Santa Clause » Tue 04 Sep, 2018 14:48

swearengen wrote:
Santa Clause wrote:If the developer's ideas are to cater to the weak, nerf the strong, and go towards a sim game like farmville, the all I can say is I have 37 telephone poles sitting in the back of my lot.... If you can assume the posisition and insert every one of them into yourself, then by all means, do whatever you want on here.... otherwise listen to the majority of the ACTIVE AND PAYING players..... ignore the idiots that play for a month then leave.... ignore the idiots that log in once every 3 weeks to queue up new fleet then go back inactive..... listen to those that are active AT LEAST AND NO LESS THAN ONCE A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All you doing is ranting the same *beep* alot of previous players have done.
There is a reason the player base has dropped down to next to nothing.

Smh

I must have got lucky with your posts
Read the best one 1st and they shot downhill from there :(
Sorry, drinking and forums generally dont mix well....

Return to “Feature Request”