Multi server feature request

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Moderator: Support Moderators

User avatar
JudeNasty
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue 08 Jun, 2010 23:14
Reputation: 13
Guild: L2: PM
T: TBD

Re: Multi server feature request

Postby JudeNasty » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 03:34

I think it is hilarious Judicator took your guild name. Your tears are so delicious that you might as well get used to someone stealing your guild names. Had you not made such a big deal about it, no one would care. Crying about it is just asking for it to happen again next server :boohoo:

User avatar
SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1260
Joined: Thu 10 Sep, 2015 01:30
Reputation: 73
Guild: ASAE
Location: AE

Re: Multi server feature request

Postby SEWI » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 09:24

Wlerin wrote:
SEWI wrote:*spews nonsense*

No.

Singleton guilds have nothing to do with your requests nor with the arguments against them, so why are you babbling complete *beep* about them?


Letz just asume you DO have an argument for once....so whaz the value of singleton guilds in your viuew and why are they of value to the game?....i cant imagine you have a valid answer.....

Same name...same guild...all servers... :biglaugh:
User avatar
REDSHEILD
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue 07 Oct, 2008 20:59
Reputation: 4
Guild: E: Technically SWAGA
N: [*ACE*]
Galaxy: Epsilon

Re: Multi server feature request

Postby REDSHEILD » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 15:20

SEWI wrote:correction....its done to HIDE their crossserver politics.


It was easier to avoid in the past due to higher proportion of newcomers versus returning players, but it's still very doable today. The core group I started with on Lynx are fighting people they're in the same guild as on Sigma, for example.

SEWI wrote:Letz just asume you DO have an argument for once....so whaz the value of singleton guilds in your viuew and why are they of value to the game?....i cant imagine you have a valid answer.....


Only a single player is required to start a guild, allowing groups to get a guild up faster by having one person rush 20 econ so the rest can join. A single player can stay behind in a guild to keep it going over the course of long-term mergers for wars. A single player can stay in their guild after all others have left so they can preserve the history, and even seek revival in the future.

Can you present any argument for single person guilds hurting the game?

Every time you make a serious post, god deletes a UC.
Please think of the farmers!
User avatar
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Posts: 19482
Joined: Mon 08 Dec, 2008 23:35
Reputation: 589
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]
Location: Gondolin

Re: Multi server feature request

Postby Wlerin » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 17:01

SEWI wrote:
Wlerin wrote:
SEWI wrote:*spews nonsense*

No.

Singleton guilds have nothing to do with your requests nor with the arguments against them, so why are you babbling complete *beep* about them?


Letz just asume you DO have an argument for once....so whaz the value of singleton guilds in your viuew and why are they of value to the game?....i cant imagine you have a valid answer.....

The answer is really simple. It doesn't *beep* matter. Stop trying to deflect.

User avatar
JudeNasty
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue 08 Jun, 2010 23:14
Reputation: 13
Guild: L2: PM
T: TBD

Re: Multi server feature request

Postby JudeNasty » Mon 23 Jul, 2018 01:34

SEWI wrote:
Wlerin wrote:
SEWI wrote:*spews nonsense*

No.

Singleton guilds have nothing to do with your requests nor with the arguments against them, so why are you babbling complete *beep* about them?


Letz just asume you DO have an argument for once....so whaz the value of singleton guilds in your viuew and why are they of value to the game?....i cant imagine you have a valid answer.....


Better question...Did you have any problem with singleton guilds until Judi took your name? lol

User avatar
SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1260
Joined: Thu 10 Sep, 2015 01:30
Reputation: 73
Guild: ASAE
Location: AE

Re: Multi server feature request

Postby SEWI » Mon 23 Jul, 2018 03:12

the name taking has been going on since drako or so....used to it by now....no isue there...

we find it flatering...:)

i only was stating a simple fact....

i see you guyz have a problem with FACTS...

i a time when facts are called fake news by presidents its offcoarse understandable with the less educated.


a guild is a group of persons....1 guy cant be a group of persons.....whaz the part you dont get?

Same name...same guild...all servers... :biglaugh:
User avatar
REDSHEILD
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue 07 Oct, 2008 20:59
Reputation: 4
Guild: E: Technically SWAGA
N: [*ACE*]
Galaxy: Epsilon

Re: Multi server feature request

Postby REDSHEILD » Mon 23 Jul, 2018 10:52

SEWI wrote:a guild is a group of persons....1 guy cant be a group of persons.....whaz the part you dont get?


It's funny that you're using a semantic argument here, and such a weak one at that. The fact of the matter is that guilds in AE can be founded by a single account and consist of a single account. You dislike this and have constructed a semantic argument to change it, which I find rather dishonest of you intellectually, as usually semantic disputes arise from differences in background or familiarity with a subject, and are something that both parties to a debate seek to get around, presuming they are both in it for the sake of truth.

Evidently, the designers of the game disagree with your assertion that singleton guilds can't exist. As the one pressing the issue, the onus is on you to present convincing reasons why the guilds of AE should not be allowed to exist with just one member.

Right now your argument is based entirely in external definitions and in ignorance of the facts of what guild means in AE. For an example of how bad your argument is, consider this one: Suppose I play capital ships, and am annoyed by the shield bypass mechanic, because it sets an upper bound to the fleet size I can attack without losses. I go onto the forum and say that shield bypass shouldn't exist, because shields block weapons weaker than them, that's what shields do, and if something is blocked then no damage should get through.

The argument is logically sound, but it is not correct, because shields in other media are not the shields in AE, and so their properties cannot be projected onto AE shielding. Just as what a guild is in other games or other contexts is not what a guild is in AE, and as it stands, a guild in AE can exist with just one member, in spite of your assertions to the contrary.

Every time you make a serious post, god deletes a UC.
Please think of the farmers!
User avatar
SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1260
Joined: Thu 10 Sep, 2015 01:30
Reputation: 73
Guild: ASAE
Location: AE

Re: Multi server feature request

Postby SEWI » Tue 24 Jul, 2018 01:14

calling facts semantic arguments....LOL

cant stop laughing.

dishonest facts....do you really think they exist?

game developers make mistakes....they also do fix mistakes....

thats wha feature request is ALSO about....like it or not.

Same name...same guild...all servers... :biglaugh:
User avatar
REDSHEILD
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue 07 Oct, 2008 20:59
Reputation: 4
Guild: E: Technically SWAGA
N: [*ACE*]
Galaxy: Epsilon

Re: Multi server feature request

Postby REDSHEILD » Tue 24 Jul, 2018 09:37

SEWI wrote:calling facts semantic arguments....LOL

cant stop laughing.

dishonest facts....do you really think they exist?

game developers make mistakes....they also do fix mistakes....

thats wha feature request is ALSO about....like it or not.


Okay then, here's an example more on your level: I want my death stars to be able to blow up astros, because that's what death stars do right? The developers just made a mistake when they didn't include that right?

Every time you make a serious post, god deletes a UC.
Please think of the farmers!
User avatar
SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1260
Joined: Thu 10 Sep, 2015 01:30
Reputation: 73
Guild: ASAE
Location: AE

Re: Multi server feature request

Postby SEWI » Tue 24 Jul, 2018 13:05

Check centauri....6600 vs 500.000 and now there is one less deathstar.....

What you want is your problem....we are dealing with facts here....not with desires.

Same name...same guild...all servers... :biglaugh:
User avatar
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Posts: 19482
Joined: Mon 08 Dec, 2008 23:35
Reputation: 589
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]
Location: Gondolin

Re: Multi server feature request

Postby Wlerin » Sat 28 Jul, 2018 02:26

The only "fake news" I've seen thus far is you calling a line from the help files the "game rules". Still yet to see any facts.

User avatar
SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1260
Joined: Thu 10 Sep, 2015 01:30
Reputation: 73
Guild: ASAE
Location: AE

Re: Multi server feature request

Postby SEWI » Wed 01 Aug, 2018 02:04

Wlerin wrote:The only "fake news" I've seen thus far is you calling a line from the help files the "game rules". Still yet to see any facts.


it has been corrected...

Same name...same guild...all servers... :biglaugh:
User avatar
Rajam
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1411
Joined: Tue 22 May, 2007 05:43
Reputation: 185
Guild: [CRUEL]
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: Multi server feature request

Postby Rajam » Wed 01 Aug, 2018 23:07

I feel like this entire thread was a troll.

The Gene Pool Could Use Some Chlorine!
User avatar
REDSHEILD
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue 07 Oct, 2008 20:59
Reputation: 4
Guild: E: Technically SWAGA
N: [*ACE*]
Galaxy: Epsilon

Re: Multi server feature request

Postby REDSHEILD » Thu 02 Aug, 2018 04:58

It's just sewi's usual failure to understand the English language or engage in critical thought.

Every time you make a serious post, god deletes a UC.
Please think of the farmers!
Carbon-1
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon 26 Mar, 2018 14:21
Reputation: 4

Re: Multi server feature request

Postby Carbon-1 » Thu 02 Aug, 2018 15:52

REDSHEILD wrote:It's just sewi's usual failure to understand the English language or engage in critical thought.

Nailed it


Return to “Feature Request”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests