Making goods more viable

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Moderator: Support Moderators

The Monarch
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [RageX]
Galaxy: Alpha

Making goods more viable

Postby The Monarch » Mon 08 Oct, 2018 01:03

If I've 14 bases, and I produce 140k goods, I'll make 140k from a 2.8m investment.

It's a very long wait even with good prod for very little of a return.

I suggest increasing the sale of goods from 21 credits to 30.

This would provide an other method of players being able to increase their economy.

What can I do to you that life hasn't already?
JudeNasty
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: L2: PM
T: TBD

Re: Making goods more viable

Postby JudeNasty » Mon 08 Oct, 2018 19:33

Goods aren't supposed to be the main way you make credits,especially late game. Goods are pretty op at server start as is if you are smart about it. They would be broken if you increased it to 30. Go hit something and make credits.

Philosopher Cody
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [NPO]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Philosopher Cody » Mon 08 Oct, 2018 20:39

I think goods should be made better. Right now they are hardly worth their effort. I think anything in the game should be good early game as well as late game. Otherwise it is a worthless feature.

How about a technology to increase the value of the goods? Say an economic tech or manufacturing tech that increases the sale of goods by 1 credit per level of tech.

Whis
Global Moderator

Postby Whis » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 15:50

I don’t think this is a terrible idea per se, but you have to worry about multis more because they could easily build massive banks and give huge pillages.

But this would give another avenue to earn income on currently stagnant servers. Also, this coupled with a few other features like revamping level protection and some kind of jumpstart for joining an older server could bring some needed life to older servers.

KaHaR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby KaHaR » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 19:51

Whis wrote:I don’t think this is a terrible idea per se, but you have to worry about multis more because they could easily build massive banks and give huge pillages.

But this would give another avenue to earn income on currently stagnant servers. Also, this coupled with a few other features like revamping level protection and some kind of jumpstart for joining an older server could bring some needed life to older servers.

I proposed something similar to this a long time ago; however, my suggestion was to make it a new technology that increased the rate of Goods production by 1 credit per level of research. Starting cost of research TBD by what the desired "soft cap" is.

However, this was handily rebuked by the forum trolls and others at the time.

<alcibiades> kahar is a good forum poster because nobody can argue with him
<alcibiades> all of your posts blow away everyone in ae so well nobody can understand them
Mighty Mighty
Guild: your moms house

Postby Mighty Mighty » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 04:58

Basically 1 good gets you 1 credit. Just make it where 1 good yields more than 1 credit without adjusting the goods current price of 20 credits.

xJudicatorx
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby xJudicatorx » Sat 13 Oct, 2018 16:30

I really like the idea of a tech which makes them more viable. But instead of increasing the reward, decreasing the investment seems better to me. Like so:

Standard - Invest 20 - return 21
Level 1 Banking tech - Invest 19 - return 20
Level 2 Banking tech - invest 18 - return 19

Of course, no one would ever get to the point of invest 1 - return 2, but getting somewhere around 10 levels of it, would drastically increase their viability.

I've seen a rich man beg; I've seen a good man sin; I've seen a tough man cry.
I've sen a loser win and a sad man grin; I've heard an honest man lie.
Mostly Harmless AE page on facebook
Robo

Postby Robo » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 03:33

A good Idea! as to the cheaters -put a cap on max pillage if you think you need to -

Return to “Feature Request”