Backport more Version 4.0 features

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Philosopher Cody
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: [{V}]
Galaxy: Alpha

Backport more Version 4.0 features

Postby Philosopher Cody » Tue 12 Sep, 2023 12:38

For all servers backport combat loot. For version 1.5 servers the combat loot would help to retain older players who lose all of their fleet.

Also, the "Reduce double production cost to be +40% instead of +100%." This would also help people to catch back up.

Last but not least the wormhole feature. All servers could really benefit from that. The two wormholes with speed boosts based upon how other jumpgates are.

I feel as those 3 features could be vastly good for all servers.

Sparti
Guild: N: WKYSBs
O: SUIT
P: Ah!

Re: Backport more Version 4.0 features

Postby Sparti » Tue 12 Sep, 2023 18:40

if you want 4.0 features play 4.0

Virtual War is healthy!!!
Philosopher Cody
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: [{V}]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Philosopher Cody » Tue 12 Sep, 2023 21:19

Sparti wrote:
Tue 12 Sep, 2023 18:40
if you want 4.0 features play 4.0
Well the base cost new feature of version 4.0 got backported. Why not backport more and try and get even more people to upgrade their accounts and add more fun into the old servers? Allowing people to do double production at less of a cost would allow people to rebuild their fleets even faster. Combat loot could help out new players and others in general. Wormhole feature might actually change up how blobs are done.

Sparti
Guild: N: WKYSBs
O: SUIT
P: Ah!

Postby Sparti » Tue 12 Sep, 2023 21:52

you backport the 4.0 changes onto older servers its just going to create an even bigger gap between the bigger players accounts to the mid/lower accounts. Its bad enough the base cost change happened... so many players with base 20-21 finding out that there next base is cheaper(but still costing 10mil-15mil~) but those with base 22+ pretty much getting a free base from it and getting an even bigger lead over their competitors :wall:

think base 22 players now pay 2.1mil for base 23? while base 21 players gotta pay 15mil for base 22? and base 23 players got a whole new base and a 38mil discount on base 25 :clap: :clap:

just screwing over hundreds of players on older servers who were fighting an already uphill battle so 1 guy could stroke his E-peen to get an even bigger account.

you put 40% double prod on older servers all those bigger accounts(even bigger now with the extra bases they got) that have the extra econ and ability to make more moves will just out grow the smaller accounts even faster.

the WH feature though that i can at least agree with you on. that would be a nice 1 to implement to give movement options, especially in galaxies where perhaps a guild have no JG or very limited JGs.

Loot until its actually seen in a working environment no, we dont know how it will pan out and tbh its just going to be a griefers wet dream at first glance.

Virtual War is healthy!!!
naethel
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby naethel » Wed 13 Sep, 2023 14:52

For 2.0 servers it is an hard no from me, 100% FM is the comeback mechanic that is there without destroying the balance and profitability of a single hit, we don't know how 4.0 loot will play out but i am sure that if 4.0 had 100% Fm and combat loot no one would build fleet, it would be an asinine move. So it's an easy no for 2.0, i can't say about the rest (wormholes and not balance breaking stuff like that) since i still want to see how it plays out before judging it.

Regarding 1.5, i don't play it anymore but i think it would change nothing regardless, just slow down death, whoever wins a fight gets the advantage and 20% payback won't change anything since you are still left with -100% fleet and the time to prod it again.

Having a discount on double prodding still means you need the creds to double prod, and if you're losing you surely are in deficit vs the winner, in fact double prodding is often used by who is in profit and in need to rebuild quickly, not who is on a loss. It isn't a comeback mechanic, actually the opposite, if it was for me i'd have kept it at 200%.

For 3.0 i think that it would then make 4.0 too poor with features that who is interested in combat loot wouldn't join the new server which would risk death by lack of defining features. Let combat loot be its defining rule and if you're curious about it play that version

IrishEyes wrote: I'm not the guy who needs a huge fleet and player advantage to win.
^while playing with china 8-)

Return to “Feature Request”