Alternative Sources of Income

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Tpb112793
Guild: Epsilon - [FOX] Skyline
Galaxy: Beta

Re: Alternative Sources of Income

Postby Tpb112793 » Wed 04 Oct, 2023 01:20

Hash as always has spectacular ideas, he deserves a promotion

FordP

Postby FordP » Wed 04 Oct, 2023 01:23

How about a new type of ship that allows mining of astros. Different astros could have varying rates of resources/income that a a mining ship parked on it would gain income. Maybe only allow a limited number of ships to mine an astro and could be shot as guilds fight over the more lucrative planets. Mines could also have a limited capacity and be renewed periodically.

-Ford

okkata
Guild: F:PULP/sl
G:DS
J:KANI
N:king
Galaxy: Gamma

Postby okkata » Wed 04 Oct, 2023 07:33

All of those changes sound interesting and could bring some value to the game.

WhiteKnight
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: =A=
SS
FTW
NøiSe
LOVE

Postby WhiteKnight » Thu 05 Oct, 2023 19:29

/unsigned Seems pointless and something that will just make the rich richer. Won’t solve any of the problems

~ Retired ~ "And in the end it's not the years in AE that count. It's the AE in your years."
Hash
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: VIVA
UFA
EVIL
TODAY
MOMS
DUCK

Postby Hash » Thu 05 Oct, 2023 20:24

WhiteKnight wrote:
Thu 05 Oct, 2023 19:29
/unsigned Seems pointless and something that will just make the rich richer. Won’t solve any of the problems
Only if the rich are rich because of the effort they put into becoming rich. This clearly gives anyone who wants to put effort a chance to get resources. Making the resources smaller and more scattered works against bigger players and blobs. They either can't be everywhere at once or the resources will be considered too small by them and they might not even put the effort into getting them.

And what are the problems that you see that need solving?

I don't have a gun
WhiteKnight
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: =A=
SS
FTW
NøiSe
LOVE

Postby WhiteKnight » Thu 05 Oct, 2023 21:01

Zerging up with … well I won’t say what on here isn’t exactly efforts -.- , you made your bed now sleep in it adding other sources of income because everyone quit not a solution -.-.

~ Retired ~ "And in the end it's not the years in AE that count. It's the AE in your years."
Hash
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
UFA
EVIL
TODAY
MOMS
DUCK

Postby Hash » Thu 05 Oct, 2023 23:43

WhiteKnight wrote:
Thu 05 Oct, 2023 21:01
Zerging up with … well I won’t say what on here isn’t exactly efforts -.- , you made your bed now sleep in it adding other sources of income because everyone quit not a solution -.-.

You mean the zergs that were happening since the very start of the game and that people consider partly responsible for a steady decline in player base during all these years?

Yes, the better solution would be to just somehow get back the old playerbase so we can start farming all the noobs all over again as before. Shame this isn't happening so maybe we can try something else.

It's a war game. People get farmed. People lose their bases, their income, and any realistic chance of recovery and they fall behind. They then consider the game lost for them and quit.

People will also zerg because there's safety in numbers and the bigger numbers usually win. They win crashes, they force defenders out of galaxies who the zerg then farms for profit. Profit they can't get anywhere else.

You can't expect people playing a war game not to want to win, not to use the most effective tactics available. Zerging is effective. My proposal is one that looks to negate that. To give smaller guilds and players a chance to recover after getting their bases wrecked. One that encourages mobility and the use of all this empty space we have on our servers. One that rewards active play and not the ability to min-max your account building while playing passive and defensive.

This is as good of a solution as there can be considering the state of the game. Have some faith.

I don't have a gun
IshukRahl

Postby IshukRahl » Mon 16 Oct, 2023 14:45

If you looking to help negate the zerg tactic and promote more warefare. Limit the amount of allied fleet on a single astro due to gravitational forces. Scale it up based on on overall server avg for fleet. Make it so several players could group up on one astro, but not the whole guild. This could force more use out of JGs, making JGs more vital than ever. Landing where too much fleet is already could force an automatic recall with message like, the the gravitational force in local space are starting to damage your ships and you were forced to recall.

Make an option you can create an alliance where guilds can ally other guilds for use of JGs. This is reduce guilding hopping all the time. The alliance could have message boards just like the guild.

Or do like a passive income increase to whichever guild and alliance controls a region of space. This could promote more warefare on controlling space if you have to spread fleet out for the bonus.

Hash
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
UFA
EVIL
TODAY
MOMS
DUCK

Postby Hash » Mon 16 Oct, 2023 15:06

I think it's time to put random Drekon fleets flying around like autoscouts into Axion.

I don't have a gun
IshukRahl

Postby IshukRahl » Mon 16 Oct, 2023 15:57

Hash wrote:
Mon 16 Oct, 2023 15:06
I think it's time to put random Drekon fleets flying around like autoscouts into Axion.
And if they land on someone's base, they attack. I would even be okay if they added AI attacking similarly to players. I played another game similar to this where they AI would randomly attack as well. It kept people on their toes watching out for players as well as AI.

exobase

Postby exobase » Tue 17 Oct, 2023 05:28

A while ago I worked on a game similar to this, where players sim and save up for massive PvP battles, and yet the problem was nearly the same -- sweaty tryhards, using whatever underhand tactics were possible to win at the expense of the game. Lo and behold, the game started to die because of hostile and wary attitudes towards newcomers. The only way to really win was to crush another player, and most of the time make them quit.

Then new forms of content were added, not negative sum in nature, where someone always is on the losing side (seriously, everyone hates being on the losing side) but instead neutral or even positive sum content through NPCs which were integrated directly into the game itself without any major downtimes or new servers and with minimal effort.

Anyhow, I think the idea of turning this game around from being negative sum and creating a way for players to win without having to cheat or make another player quit is worth looking into. Nowadays the game is mostly veteran players who have won that negative sum battle, and with no new streams of players coming this game is unsustainable as it is currently.

/signed

_Destroyer_

Postby _Destroyer_ » Tue 17 Oct, 2023 06:02

I like the idea of more PvE in the game.

Hash
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
UFA
EVIL
TODAY
MOMS
DUCK

Postby Hash » Tue 17 Oct, 2023 07:28

Yeah, right now any profit you can get is at the expense of another player. So when you got groups that are highly competitive anyone else that is not as good gets wrecked by them and there are no alternatives or ways to recover. If you want to recover the credits lost you go and hit someone even worse or less lucky than you.

Right now in Axion at this stage of the server top players could be, for example, hitting 100k Drekon fleets for some extra challenge and reward instead of farming defeated players. Smaller players could be seeking out 5k NPC fleets that bigger players would not bother with. We are all limited by where and when we can be and how much effort are we willing and able to put into the game. Campaign fleet slots are used to full quite often so there is no argument that top players will take all the resources.

If we are to keep this new Axion server going we need these resources now else we risk people leaving.

I don't have a gun
burYMore11
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby burYMore11 » Tue 17 Oct, 2023 22:24

I think the idea in general is good, we need more variety in ways to generate income. I could see this as a really fun early server mechanic as well with guilds fighting over these extra income generators.

Pew Pew Bang Bang
Bospone+
Guild: -UFP-
ClicK

Postby Bospone+ » Wed 18 Oct, 2023 01:51

I like this idea. Any way to create more action for players that doesn't involve hitting a player base would help with player retention and provide more avenues for fun.

Return to “Feature Request”