Adjustment to Base recovery.

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Wal-Mart Greeter
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: K:Ddos
L: Geico

Adjustment to Base recovery.

Postby Wal-Mart Greeter » Wed 15 Nov, 2023 15:47

As the subject states I am proposing a slight adjustment to base recovery. The ongoing theme for changes to AE has been to increase activity but we don't want people to fall behind after a single bit of action.

Currently a base with 185 econ is hit and is knocked down to 132 economy.

Once this base is fully regenerated I will have lost 17,172 total econ.

If you have 10 bases at this econ when hit you will have lost 171,720 total econ. Not too mention the TR loss and the added fleet maintenance.

A4 invasion we were caught out of position defending one area of our cluster from assault and was invaded in another area of our cluster. (No complaints was good teamwork by the invaders) Dropping from 4100+ econ down to 1600 at one point. I had 0 fleet maintenance before hand and afterwards because I saved my fleet was 330 FM. A further penalty to being invaded. I saved my TR by canceling but has been difficult to get decent ones back due to damaged bases.

So my proposal is to either increase base recovery to 2 econ per 12 hours or 1 econ per 8 hours.

With 2 per 12 single base econ loss from just one base is 8,748 econ in total using the base econ above.

with 1 per 8 hours the econ loss is 11,440.

Combined this with the freshly proposed changes for TR's from Wiz and I feel this could be beneficial to both sides to not only allow the attacker to pull ahead from successful ops (which they definitely should), but not be so extremely punishing to the defenders.

Purifier wrote:I'm going to wait for you to go to a N.A. meeting then derb your fleet then leave a message saying Happy Sobriety B****!
My posts in no way reflect the ideas, thoughts, or opinions of the guild I am in. They are simply my own.
KaHaR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Adjustment to Base recovery.

Postby KaHaR » Thu 16 Nov, 2023 00:03

You need to show the math for how this will reduce base pillages.

<alcibiades> kahar is a good forum poster because nobody can argue with him
<alcibiades> all of your posts blow away everyone in ae so well nobody can understand them
Wal-Mart Greeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Wal-Mart Greeter » Fri 17 Nov, 2023 03:38

KaHaR wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2023 00:03
You need to show the math for how this will reduce base pillages.
Honestly haven't thought about the base pillage aspect. I just think that a change of some sort might be helpful as far as not punishing a defender for over a month in regards the events over a 24 hour or less period.

As far as "reduced pillages" do you mean something like the amount an attacker will get if they re-pillage a base? Or the frequency of said base/s getting pillaged?

Purifier wrote:I'm going to wait for you to go to a N.A. meeting then derb your fleet then leave a message saying Happy Sobriety B****!
My posts in no way reflect the ideas, thoughts, or opinions of the guild I am in. They are simply my own.
Philosopher Cody
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: [{V}]
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Philosopher Cody » Sat 18 Nov, 2023 15:44

Currently the pillage amount you gain from hitting a base is equal to the amount of income the base loses due to having to recover. This is to prevent abuse. If bases provided the same pillage but recovered more quickly then it would be better to just keep hitting bases as the net amount of credits would be positive. 2 players could agree to just keep hitting each other’s bases. Since more credits are generated from the pillage then amount lost due to base incomes being lower the two players would be exploiting the system.

If bases recover faster then pillage amounts would have to be decreased. This would lead to many complaining that hitting bases is not worth it. You also have to attend with the change and it’s relationship to base defenses. Currently base defenses, pillage, and recovery are balanced.

Sparti
Guild: N: WKYSBs
O: SUIT
P: Ah!

Postby Sparti » Sat 18 Nov, 2023 23:21

the base econ recovery does need to be looked at though. we got higher econ's in 3.0/4.0 from the increased crystal but that just meant after being hit it takes even longer to recover. We already have very limited places to fly to hit stuff and the increased econ just made it a little worse. think 1.5/2.0 it was like 32days for a 200 econ base to fully recover? 200 econ base on 3.0/4.0 is a good 45+ econ higher which added over a week extra for recovery.

Virtual War is healthy!!!
Wal-Mart Greeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Wal-Mart Greeter » Tue 21 Nov, 2023 20:25

Philosopher Cody wrote:
Sat 18 Nov, 2023 15:44
Currently the pillage amount you gain from hitting a base is equal to the amount of income the base loses due to having to recover. This is to prevent abuse. If bases provided the same pillage but recovered more quickly then it would be better to just keep hitting bases as the net amount of credits would be positive. 2 players could agree to just keep hitting each other’s bases. Since more credits are generated from the pillage then amount lost due to base incomes being lower the two players would be exploiting the system.

If bases recover faster then pillage amounts would have to be decreased. This would lead to many complaining that hitting bases is not worth it. You also have to attend with the change and it’s relationship to base defenses. Currently base defenses, pillage, and recovery are balanced.
They may be balanced with each other, but they're not balanced as a whole.

As stated, before I have a base that is 73 hrs from being hit. It is now earning an income of 149/204. I am still 28 days from being back on par with other people of the server. Multiply that by 12 other bases that are damaged for the next month. Increase that to a half a guild.

Then add in the lost income from decent TR. Finding a perfect TR is impossible with a base that has just been hit. So, I either self-trade or trade with someone in the guild therefore still losing more income to a LD unique. Or find a subpar TR of smaller distance that I am just going to replace down the road anyways.

I would even say that it is now worse in 4.0. Already you can tell there is increased activity and travel across the board. (This is a good thing). But most new mechanics have resulted in keeping people from falling behind such as FM and combat loot. This is clearly another mechanic that should be looked at to be updated.

Return to “Feature Request”