Barracks and command centers

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Sacred Smurf

Barracks and command centers

Postby Sacred Smurf » Thu 01 Feb, 2024 00:35

The idea of a repurposing the barracks would make the structure kind of interesting.

repurposing barracks to be the equivalent of a command center by switching it from defense list to the structure list. the repurposed barracks would have this type of effect.

- 5% defense per barracks, the equivalent of the command centers 5% attack bonus.
- 1 command center and 1 barrack will decrease the cost of a commander by 1%.
- every 5-count variable of command center + barracks decrease the cost of commanders by 1%.. 5-count variable is command center and barracks reaching a total of 5 structures built. Note* won't be useful at low levels but reaching a decent point the cost decrease would be helpful upgrading multiple commanders with the discounted price.

at 10 bases with 5 variations of barracks/centers could give your account 20% discount on commander xp cost. which would make a lvl 16 commander costing 13,137 xp to upgrade, having a 2626 discount will cost the commander 10,511 xp to upgrade the commander.

could add extra perks at higher variations of total command center/barracks. which could include or may not include:

- faster base repair of economy, and/or turrets.

negatives: area, population and energy. limited discount percentage
Positives: increased defense, decreased commander cost, possible perks at higher barracks/command centers.

Philosopher Cody
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: [{V}]
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: Barracks and command centers

Postby Philosopher Cody » Thu 01 Feb, 2024 17:22

I like this idea but it might be overpowered. If I have one base with 30 Command Centers and 30 levels of barracks, that is 12 sets of 5. Regardless that is 60 structures. You state:
- 1 command center and 1 barrack will decrease the cost of a commander by 1%.
- every 5-count variable of command center + barracks decrease the cost of commanders by 1%.. 5-count variable is command center and barracks reaching a total of 5 structures built. Note* won't be useful at low levels but reaching a decent point the cost decrease would be helpful upgrading multiple commanders with the discounted price.
So with that in mind am I getting a 60% discount on my commander training costs? I could even see high level players push Command Centers as well as Barracks easily to levels 35 each and if the discount is 70% than this is way overpowered. Someone would use the discount to keep increasing their construction commander so they can get more barracks and command centers. Then we will see insane high levels of commanders. If a player can get a 70% or higher discount. I can easily envision seeing commanders in the 40s level or higher. The game would become broken.

Sacred Smurf

Postby Sacred Smurf » Fri 02 Feb, 2024 00:03

Philosopher Cody wrote:
Thu 01 Feb, 2024 17:22
I like this idea but it might be overpowered. If I have one base with 30 Command Centers and 30 levels of barracks, that is 12 sets of 5. Regardless that is 60 structures.

So with that in mind am I getting a 60% discount on my commander training costs? I could even see high level players push Command Centers as well as Barracks easily to levels 35 each and if the discount is 70% than this is way overpowered. Someone would use the discount to keep increasing their construction commander so they can get more barracks and command centers. Then we will see insane high levels of commanders. If a player can get a 70% or higher discount. I can easily envision seeing commanders in the 40s level or higher. The game would become broken.
that is why i put in Negative, "limited discount." just not sure what would be a fair discount max. 33%-40% seems good. specially if you have a 65mil xp commander and you can get a 20mil xp discount. the highest commander is somewhere lvl 30-33 i believe. highest xp not sure on all servers but alpha has like 500mil xp almost or higher.

could make it the command center and barracks combination can only work for the astro it is structured on.

This Guy

Postby This Guy » Mon 15 Apr, 2024 07:19

How about make Barracks the equivalent of an Urban Structure but it only can be used for defences or perhaps command centres? It is what it is😉

Return to “Feature Request”