Making Fenix "Fun" and Shooting The Elephants In The Room.

Mara
Guild: [SL] Tch klin xa
Galaxy: Fenix

Making Fenix "Fun" and Shooting The Elephants In The Room.

Postby Mara » Sat 04 May, 2013 17:23

I have been playing a long time in Fenix, I don’t post much in the Forum: I do have opinions on what is wrong in Fenix and what needs to happen to make Fenix “Fun” again. The cause seems so obvious to me it is "The Elephant In The Room". The problem we are not having “Fun," solution we (all the players regardless of guild affiliation) need to be creating an environment in Fenix that actually allows people to play the game. Step one start identifying why we are not having “Fun”. Reasons everyone is “bored”: no one to play against (not enough targets) because of a decreasing population, and lack of diversity in player levels.

I have been observing what playing practices have harmed Fenix and create conditions that result in “boring” game play. These practices are well known and have caused problems on all the servers. Though I am starting with my opinions on one practice I encourage other folks to voice what you think are problems as well.

When I started playing in Fenix (when space dinosaurs roamed the stars) Perma-Farming was rare and usually a punitive action against a player who had been a big wanker (infiltrating a guild to spy or maybe they had been perma-farming people) or as a war only tactical moves. At that time Fenix was full of people of all different in game playing levels, Fenix had lots of people whose play skill was from new to very experienced, in addition Fenix had tons of guilds for all levels of playability and styles of playing. In short Fenix was hoping, if you wanted an astro for a base you might literally be racing to get your outpost ship there first. Fenix was “Fun” for everyone regardless of the individual player’s level or skill ability.

Then it happened Perma-Farming moved from being a punitive action or war only action to an everyday tactical action. Guilds began using Perma-Farming to create galactic strongholds and to force people to join their guild. This was when I began observing the destructive results of this practice. I noted that more and more people simple started to leave Fenix, some quit the game all together and many have been Upgraded players so this also hurts AE’s bottom line. So a slow depopulation began to occur in Fenix. Next I observed Guilds who practiced forced recruitment through Perma-Farming became very large but very unstable and ultimately the practice resulted in those Guilds being destroyed. The Guilds who practiced the galactic stronghold Perma-Farming did however gain the short term benefit of growing large fleets. I however have spent time in many a guild’s “stronghold” galaxies. I have learned from my scouting over the years that many a guild that practice this policy have players with inadequately defended bases, from my perspective this is not healthy for those guilds or the server. In short those guilds whose players are not putting defenses on their bases are weakening their guild’s defensive position and at the same time creating a situation in which they can churn out lots of fleet creating an in balance in game play because some do not need to spend credits to put defenses on their bases, they do get a short term fleet increase but long term defensive viability is questionable.

Another result of the galactic stronghold tactic was at one point every Galaxy was being claimed by big guilds, thus small guilds or players where being harassed to the point of absurdity. So, many more people quit and many guilds merged, thus fewer players and fewer guilds. Now we have even less people playing and less guilds. Next a single galaxy wasn’t good enough for some guilds and they started “claiming” whole Galaxy Sets. It is very ridiculous to claim Galaxy Sets and creates unhealthy environmental conditions for long-term playability in the game.

Currently new people who start playing often are encircled by guilds just waiting like a pack of jackals for the player to hit 30. Once said player reaches the magic number they are Perma-Farmed until they quit the game.

Forcing people to quit playing in Fenix via Perma-Farming has created the “anemic” and “boring” conditions. It has created an ever-decreasing population, which equals fewer opportunities to rumble, fewer opportunities for recruitment, fewer opportunities for guild diversity, chased new players away, and is just less “fun”.

I understand that Guilds want “safe” space but I am now of the opinion that if we want Fenix to change and be a viable playing field for new and established players we are going to have change ourselves. We have to stop Perma-Farming and put are collective assets in a little jeopardy to get things moving and to make Fenix a good environment for new players to come to. I personally think Guilds should only claim 1 Region within a single Galaxy as a “stronghold” and we all need to start recruiting heavily that Fenix is the place to come and play, otherwise nothing will change.

We need new players, more guilds and players need to be allowed to play against each other.

Happy Battles. :lolol:

SHUB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Making Fenix "Fun" and Shooting The Elephants In The Roo

Postby SHUB » Fri 02 Aug, 2013 16:32

Miss me yet Fenix?

High Mage wrote:Shub, you have offended me greatly. [Y]our mind...is sickening to me. I don't care what guild you are in charge of...What you said is highly offensive...Your forum account should be banned, IP address banned, you should apologize
object
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: c:BSMF
f:RAVE

Postby object » Fri 02 Aug, 2013 16:35

A ghost!

:scared:

Twerk Team
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: BSMF
MODS
RAVE
(-o-)

Postby Twerk Team » Fri 02 Aug, 2013 16:42

SHUB wrote:Miss me yet Fenix?
no daddy no!

Fett wrote:I wanna be relevant.
SHUB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby SHUB » Fri 02 Aug, 2013 16:49

There were certainly no threads on this topic when I was around. Butthurt or Love, I helped keep it interesting.

High Mage wrote:Shub, you have offended me greatly. [Y]our mind...is sickening to me. I don't care what guild you are in charge of...What you said is highly offensive...Your forum account should be banned, IP address banned, you should apologize
Kakarot
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Kakarot » Fri 02 Aug, 2013 18:55

Someone get the ghostbusters! :scared:

Give me a minute, I'm good. Give me an hour, I'm great. Give me six months, I'm unbeatable.
SHUB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby SHUB » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 00:36

And who are you? Your forum names are unfamiliar.

Kakarot
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Kakarot » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 00:38

Exar :paranoid:

just kidding I'm a nobody.

Give me a minute, I'm good. Give me an hour, I'm great. Give me six months, I'm unbeatable.
SHUB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby SHUB » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 11:22

LOL I doubt it. That little *beep* was always too afraid to post on these forums

Kakarot
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Kakarot » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 13:07

He has left Fenix you know?

SHUB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby SHUB » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 20:13

I'm sure he got just as sick of getting suicided on as I did.

Kakarot
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Kakarot » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 20:55

Nah, he lost a war against SL and Noise.

So plenty of people were happy when he quit.

SHUB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby SHUB » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 21:08

Good for Noise! I'm happy to hear it.

War MachineX

Postby War MachineX » Sun 04 Aug, 2013 21:19

This server hasnt been fun since the days of Dibs

just saying they kept the game even and balanced,

kirby
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby kirby » Wed 07 Aug, 2013 03:44

>.> dibz is long dead and good riddance , think I'm one of the few original dibz players left

Return to “Fenix”