TE,TAG,NOISE, and FATE surprise RAVE.

DangMan

Re: TE,TAG,NOISE, and FATE surprise RAVE.

Postby DangMan » Sat 26 Feb, 2011 17:06

Dr. Fappo 's current Fenix account is not his original one. Funny how all your little rant suddently collapse into lolness :-p Get your facts right FFS...

Rave fought everyone on this server. Execpt SL if memory serves right. Calling us simmers is just completely retarded and unfounded... Sure we got a few of those ( Xabia comes to mind ), but as a whole we are pretty aggressive players >.<

the quiet1
Galaxy: Fenix

Postby the quiet1 » Sat 26 Feb, 2011 18:29

RAVE is the nxt xi bye bye

Hellion
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Hellion » Sat 26 Feb, 2011 18:53

Dr. Fappo wrote:
Hellion wrote:
La Roux wrote:idk, that's like saying what guilds *have* fought a guild close to their strength.

RAVE started out fighting a guild much bigger than it. the top guild at the time.

In addition, you may not have heard about it (idk how, we *beep* about it all the time), but the F22 crash, was two guilds (one of which was bigger and the other the same size), versus one, in which... one of them backstabbed RAVE. That was pretty early in the server also.

In addition, I would like to point out, that in the current state of astro empires, it is nigh on impossible for a guild to fight alone, since they need JG help, and guilds usually aren't willing to lend JGs unless they're going to be in on the profit.

Do you also want to talk about when RAVE was split up into different guilds before it perma-merged? FYAD has fought quite a few guilds its own size. MODS has fought a couple.

tl;dr RAVE has done the most alone fighting out of any guild in Fenix. Dibz probably has done some alone fighting also. idk. Nobody cares about them.

Again my statement wasnt saying they were a bad guild now. Only time will tell on that one. Also yes RAVE was not all that bad in the past which what I was posing the question on. Back in the days that it was separate guilds many of those guilds did different things but these days it much more heavily relied on other guilds is something I also mentioned earlier. Very little has happened in months that I know of minus what happened in the 60s.

Any experience on other servers will tell you that over time if a guild lacks any real challenge it gradually goes into a heavy simmer state. Time after time this ends up being true. Even while saying that it doesn't mean that RAVE are simmers. It is why I posed all those questions earlier. The last few months have at the very least proved that they had quite a few inactives. In this small botch they lost a bil mostly from pure inactivity. Very few of those losses from what I was told was because of a recall trap.

RAVE is a true guild. When we were little we defeated the zerg (MSFT), and we challenged the superpowers (sneaky invasion of the F10 DIBZ). When we were taken down by overwhelming forces, not only did we survive and not disband, but we managed to outgrow both of the guilds that overwhelmed us (DIbz and XI). Eventually, we made sure both were taken down one way or the other.

This gangbang on us was a bit of a surprise. All the same, we are not stupid... it can only happen once.

cheers

Mostly your saying you still hang on to the one victory that you beat a ton of GRITS members of delta (MSFT was mostly a delta guild trying to reform in fenix) when they were actually pretty terrible there.

The extent of your post just states you killed someone a long time ago (year and a half ago? maybe?) and have been beaten down since but didnt disband. If that is the case you again put yourself in a similar catagory as say TE. TE defeated WoS I want to say it was called and has been farmed time after time but didnt disband. Difference being is RAVE just simmed up fleet since then rather than get farmed.

@also about fappo as someone mentioned its not his first account and from what I understand he was towards the top of the XP from his other acc. As with AE normally they like to screw with people that play the game regularly and I think he was part of that.

Also whats up with all the "I wanted to create an account today to call RAVE a noob" accounts :nonono

La Roux
Banned
Banned
Guild: C: BSMF
F: RAVE
G: (-o-)
J: FLOW
Galaxy: Juno

Postby La Roux » Sat 26 Feb, 2011 19:00

Hellion, you missed the entire point (again).

Fappo was stating that none of your assumptions about us never doing anything, is extremely incorrect. We have fought quite a few larger than us, and many the same size as us.

In addition, in no way does TE "living" constitute the same as what RAVE has gone through and survived through.

RAVE stayed much more active, and OUTGREW the people who ganked them. TE, just went inactive and cried to the whole server about how unfair it was.

In addition, to all the XI/TE players posting in this thread, saying how RAVE rode on the coattails of XIs glory. You do realize RAVE made both XI ops happen, and did a lot of the planning. In addition, we then went and killed XI afterwards, like bosses.

RAVE is not the next XI, since we did not alienate our allies. All FATE and gays have done is cause us to not go it alone this time, and be assured that the powerblock they have been complaining about actually happens this time.

P.S I agree with Seldon. Dibz vs RAVE days were the best.

Reflections are protections
Sandcastle Smasher
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L: [USSV]
O: [DNA]

Postby Sandcastle Smasher » Sat 26 Feb, 2011 19:19

La Roux wrote:P.S I agree with Seldon. Dibz vs RAVE days were the best.

It was a gentlemans war, much like the old days of The RAF v The Luftwaffe.

But people saying that RAVE hasnt done anything is just wrong, i know this as ive been on the other side on at least one occasion where they certainly did something (you guys owe me my fc D: )

Sammael wrote:I wish I were allowed to just straight up ban people for no reason
Typhus wrote:So braver is moe?
BaNeth wrote:You silly vacation seldon ;)
TheVoice wrote:In Communist Lyra, Seldon blame you
Sydney
Guild: ~~~
F: Noise
H: RD

Postby Sydney » Sat 26 Feb, 2011 20:53

This thread is getting kind of ridiculous. I don't understand any of the RAVE bashing - RAVE is a strong guild, the #1 guild, with good active players (yes there are a few inactive baggage but which guild over 50 members doesn't have those?). It's the reason why it took a good surprise plan and collaborative effort from four guilds to put a kink in RAVE's armor. I didn't see anyone calling RAVE names before this went down. They're still a guild to reckon with.

I think alexei said it best:
alexei wrote:now, my personal opinion: i expected Fate, TAG and TE to go at it, but i didn't count on noise. it surprised me personally, but i can understand why they did it, and i can't avoid saying it was a RAVE mistake not to look over the WHs for invasions.

In fenix, something i've learned along the way, along with others, if you aren't pacted with someone (and sometimes, even if you are), you have to keep track of what they are doing. it's the only way to survive while you are out killing stuff. you have to take into account the worst case scenario, and always have an escape route planned. TE did what they could, they called in allies and played their part, but any argument that TE is equivalent to RAVE because of this should just be considered invalid from the start. if anyone disagrees with this, just check all the "per player" stats on each guild, taking into account experience too.

RAVE made a misstep, guilds see opportunity, pew pew happened. It's what this game is about.

BoerRepublic
Guild: Fenix: FATE
Delta: NeM

Postby BoerRepublic » Sat 26 Feb, 2011 22:10

Ok yes we gang banged u this time, and we liked it, but I look forward to the day RAVE strikes back, and seriously no one can rip on them for running when anyone in their position would have they made the best of their situation if anything the rest of us failed in that we didn't catch a lot of there active players and i know that, that will probably come back to bit us in the *beep*.

Till next time

Sandcastle Smasher
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L: [USSV]
O: [DNA]

Postby Sandcastle Smasher » Sat 26 Feb, 2011 23:49

BoerRepublic wrote:Ok yes we gang banged u this time, and we liked it, but I look forward to the day RAVE strikes back, and seriously no one can rip on them for running when anyone in their position would have they made the best of their situation if anything the rest of us failed in that we didn't catch a lot of there active players and i know that, that will probably come back to bit us in the *beep*.

Till next time

Well done, you're one of the only people who have posted in this thread with any sense of intelligence or common sense. I salute you good sir

Sammael wrote:I wish I were allowed to just straight up ban people for no reason
Typhus wrote:So braver is moe?
BaNeth wrote:You silly vacation seldon ;)
TheVoice wrote:In Communist Lyra, Seldon blame you
Infamous
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: WoG/Noise

Postby Infamous » Sun 27 Feb, 2011 00:43

wait, we're making fun of rave for running?

cordeos

Postby cordeos » Sun 27 Feb, 2011 16:26

Infamous wrote:wait, we're making fun of rave for running?

sometimes i think this forum is populated with republicans, people here seem to have no sense of history. Every guild runs at some point, every guild has made mistakes, but somehow all of those past events are forgotten when the most current one happens.

taliesin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby taliesin » Mon 28 Feb, 2011 18:38

RAVE ran, survived and still has enough fleet to be competitive on this server without any worries.

The inclusion of noise was the surprise for RAVE here but you live and learn. The only thing that out of all of it is so bizarre for me to understand is that the RAVE Vs TE was considered so lopsided in the first place and that by ganging up 4 guilds against one ppl can say with a straight face they did it to stop block formation on the server.

A guild of fewer than 100 members is pretty hard to describe as a block even with relatively dense fleet builds, when you consider the guild member cap limit is 250...

taliesin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby taliesin » Mon 28 Feb, 2011 18:43

BoerRepublic wrote:Ok yes we gang banged u this time, and we liked it, but I look forward to the day RAVE strikes back, and seriously no one can rip on them for running when anyone in their position would have they made the best of their situation if anything the rest of us failed in that we didn't catch a lot of there active players and i know that, that will probably come back to bit us in the *beep*.

Till next time

to be honest had the WH fleets launched just a few hours later RAVE would have had to land in 60.. then it would have been a case of if TE planned on contesting that landing or not knowing they had back up landing 2 gals away in 12 hours.

Had that happened RAVE and TE would both have lost significantly more fleet and both would have ultimately scooped from the pile as there was no way RAVE would have been able to protect it once the re-enforcements landed. That situation might have been beneficial for noise and fate but it would have screwed over the ally they went to protect, TE. So really TE should be thankful you guys shot your load too quicky :D

Alleycat

Postby Alleycat » Mon 28 Feb, 2011 22:11

cordeos wrote:sometimes i think this forum is populated with republicans, people here seem to have no sense of history.

lol...i comprehend your vitriol, but US Republicans tend to hang on to history, while Democrat Party fight to change the future....either way....nothing to do with your conclusion..unless you're from another country that has a Republican Party that has no sense of history, then I stand corrected...

Infamous wrote:Every guild runs at some point, every guild has made mistakes, but somehow all of those past events are forgotten when the most current one happens.

Try Reading the "Revisionist History" as regurgitated by La Roux....if you can follow it, it targets the Rave Dynasty's ability to lose 1 Billion fleet and call it a victory and threaten that if the rest of AE doesn't bow down on their knees...there's gonna be more where that come from....

This whole diatribe of 11 pages would have been once sentence to read...

"Nice Job Fate, TE, Noise, and Tag.....you caught us not paying attention....Good Luck on the next one, because we're going to work on our mistakes."

back to the Clown acts

Silver Dragon
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [Fate], [Fake]

Postby Silver Dragon » Mon 28 Feb, 2011 23:25

I guess I should have come out here earlier...

First, anybody calling RAVE a fail guild is a troll or an idiot. They have been among the best, most active guilds on the server pretty much from the start - and continue be among the best. They have some great players and tremendous leadership. RAVE's decision to "tactically withdraw" was the correct one given the situation. It would have been stupid for them to stay. Honestly, I'm surprised that we caught much of their fleet. I figured they would see us coming and take off earlier.

Fate stepped in to help their friends. RAVE had over a 1b fleet advantage with larger/better individual fleets, better tech, and more active players. That isn't really a fight - that is pretty much farming (no offense intended to TE, but I think we all know that was a bad match-up). We aren't going to sit around and let our friends get farmed. Quite frankly, it is not in Fate's best interest to let RAVE scoop up derbs and get an even larger advantage. RAVE already has plenty of advantage... no other guild can match up to them one-in-one and expect to win.

Even though it was 4 guilds against 1, it wasn't like all of Noise, TAG, or Fate was going against RAVE. Fate held a large portion back in case SL decided to join the fun. I'm sure that Noise had a lot more active players that they could have brought in, if needed.

What we did is best for the server. It brought more balance to the top guilds. RAVE still has a lead, but it is closer now. That doesn't make us saviors or any crap like that - it isn't even really why we did it (although it was part of the benefits). We did it to help our friends (and make some profit), but the entire server benefits (except RAVE - and even they did not lose out much).

After RAVE took off, we didn't really pursue all that much. We took out the ones that were easy profit - nothing more. The "lolblock" didn't stay together. We didn't go after RAVE on some crusade or anything like that. We made some profit and went back to our own guilds. There is no "lolblob", no "lolblock", or anything else. Just a few guilds working together in their common interest.

If RAVE is really interested in fighting (as in battling on somewhat even odds), then do just that - go after TE/TAG together (or Fate/TAG or whatever combination that trips your trigger that will at least challenge you). That is always an option and I'm sure that others are quite willing to stay out of it. Don't cry foul, though, and use it as an excuse to make some *beep* blob. We did what was in the best interest of our guilds, just as you would.

_
Fenix - [Fate] GM
Mira - [Fake] GM
Silver Dragon
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [Fate], [Fake]

Postby Silver Dragon » Mon 28 Feb, 2011 23:28

taliesin wrote:

Till next time

to be honest had the WH fleets launched just a few hours later RAVE would have had to land in 60.. then it would have been a case of if TE planned on contesting that landing or not knowing they had back up landing 2 gals away in 12 hours.

Had that happened RAVE and TE would both have lost significantly more fleet and both would have ultimately scooped from the pile as there was no way RAVE would have been able to protect it once the re-enforcements landed. That situation might have been beneficial for noise and fate but it would have screwed over the ally they went to protect, TE. So really TE should be thankful you guys shot your load too quicky :D

The intention was not to destroy RAVE, or benefit from RAVE destroying TE. It was to help TE not take big losses. We launched at a time that we figured RAVE would see us, recall, and take off. We were hoping to catch a few stragglers at best. I think we were all suprised that we caught as much as we did...
Last edited by Silver Dragon on Tue 01 Mar, 2011 00:02, edited 1 time in total.

_
Fenix - [Fate] GM
Mira - [Fake] GM

Return to “Fenix”