I CALL SHENANIGANS

Jason_PT
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Many

Re: I CALL SHENANIGANS

Postby Jason_PT » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 09:33

Probably some dumb *beep* that got bored and decided to "bug" Gamma.

Solution: AE gets better protection, and starts to have a backup solution for blob crashes.

For that to happen GM's must inform AE Dev Team (Please we need backup on the ??? in the ??? server)

:D

Unless stated otherwise, my forum posts express my personal view/opinions non-related to my guild.
A:[BORG]-B:[SS]-AA:[SMILE]-E:[FTW]-F:[SL]
Jason_PT
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Jason_PT » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 09:35

JuanitoJones wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
JuanitoJones wrote:Thinking back on how the bug started I think I may have found why it occurs. It started when the mass scouts zergs started landing, so maybe there's a built in limit to how many fleets can be on a single astro. That would also explain why people's fleets were suddenly lost only to appear in 2 blob fleets instead.
I don't think so, SIM+Co/GRITS+Co D21 crash had larger numbers (8b vs 5.5b), many more fleets and it happen without any fleet mergers.
There was fleet merges there too.
LOL didn't know that, this opens another discussion, AE didn't do nothing back then, why should we think they will do it in Gamma?

Unless stated otherwise, my forum posts express my personal view/opinions non-related to my guild.
Jason_PT
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Jason_PT » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 09:39

Ralphy Wiggum wrote:I agree with Saru and RaHaB. Real life sacrifices were made for this to happen. Restarting any sooner then before the launch is completely unfair to all involved and will lead to deletions.

I call shenanigans on this being called anything but a hack. I do not suspect Riddle/PUB/DS leadership of being the culprit, but this was the result of more then just a glitch.

At the very least good job to both sides for finding life on gamma again, would have been a close and fun fight
I know i did, and re-negotiate with wife not a option.

AE won't sacrifice anything to improve the game, why should we?

OH WAIT.................... they did improve the game, we have 3D ships, we have a pretty forum, more skins (i only use the original btw), AE need to WAKE UP.

Larguem a praia ai em Faro e vão trabalhar. (Get off the beach and go to work)

LT
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: bye all!

Postby LT » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 09:41

SamuraiIIII wrote:It's a shame. Many people took days off for this, not to mention family problems.
This is dead on correct! Also if we get a 24hrs rewind or whatever I think its totally stupid to make any blob crashes of any sort was it a haxxor or a glitch: If it was haxxor no idea to plan and use irl time to make some fun pewpew to your interwebz buddies if this happens again and again. If it was a glitch no idea to plan anything untill the issue has been solved.
Kraton wrote:This was all mad, I assume they will role it back but now the question is how far do they role it back, do they do it before ohnoes shot mastadon (this was around 2 hours pre crash), before DS launched to 42 (6hours pre crash) before steel zf-nomy (7 hours pre crash) or before ddos launched? and then how does everyone play from there, do the littler players not in the top guilds (who yeah dont speak much but will probably care if something major happened for them in the past few hours!) get a say in it?

Crazy times and I wouldnt wana be the AE admins trying sort this out, of course this was preventable but meh that was never gona happen...

I think AE has lost a lot here, no matter what they do. a rollback of more than an hour changes all the tactics and plans and pretty much wipes out all the planning and gaming that has been leading up to this, a roll back of less than an hour means people will still complain about not getting their warning etc. and of course which ever *beep* did this will probably just do it again as it clearly wasnt done by any high up guys in riddle OR ddos.
Exellent points Kraton have to agree fully. But well making ti happen the day after is just nonsense and would require ppl to be sacrificing yet another dya/night for occation that was preplanned and med to be comfy for as many as possible.

Wont be pointing fingers on forums. And whatever the admin decide thats how we gotta roll with..we see how the rewind goes and then judge what we do to this server.

TheSpunkyOne wrote:I blame Rahab
He killed Gamma
Razorjack911
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Gamma-WL
Galaxy: Gamma

Postby Razorjack911 » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 09:56

Until things get sorted out and we know what caused all this, lets all keep our conspiracy theories to ourselves. This could have been caused by any number of things, and until we know, anyone ranting about who haxed or glitched what is pointless.

Ribbentrop wrote: If WRYS talks with their fleets, then they just spent the last hour screaming "OH GOD, WHY? HELP ME! OH, THE HUMANITY!"
Ooga wrote: You would think that this game was full of woman with as much drama that gos on lol
AJam
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby AJam » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 09:56

Little bit of my input here before any official modding hoo haa. Looks to me like this was a pretty serious attack on Gamma and I do feel for you guys. I've been through crashes and all before myself and it's never good when this happens. I trust and hope a solution acceptable will be found. Now for the green writing.

I have ignored them thus far because half of you would be suspended by now. But from this point forward any public accusations will result in a warning. I also remind you that filter bypass result in a yellow card. So behave guys.

And good luck to both sides.

Kraton
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: DS, LOVE

Postby Kraton » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 09:58

Ralphy Wiggum wrote:I agree with Saru and RaHaB. Real life sacrifices were made for this to happen. Restarting any sooner then before the launch is completely unfair to all involved and will lead to deletions.

I call shenanigans on this being called anything but a hack. I do not suspect Riddle/PUB/DS leadership of being the culprit, but this was the result of more then just a glitch.

At the very least good job to both sides for finding life on gamma again, would have been a close and fun fight
That is undoubtably better for you, but its not fairer for everyone. the server is (no matter how much we all think ;)) not actually just about the top guilds, there are a lot more active players in guilds not including anyone involved in this that would be advesly affect by that. putting it back to just before the servers went down allows us to have the crash we all looked forward to without messing with anyone else too much.

Rahab i agree the RL sacrifices would suck and if DDoS and Riddle agree another time tomorrow for it to happen i certainly wouldnt be overly upset by the extra downtime if it helps you have a fair fight, but the reason the admins have never considered a rollover before after things like this is because of the negative effects it has on the vast majority of the players in the server, if they change that policy there will be a flood of requests and complaints from people, especially i imagine those who lost out after the same thing happened in delta!

Hasta La Victoria Siempre
LT
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby LT » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 10:01

AJam wrote:Little bit of my input here before any official modding hoo haa. Looks to me like this was a pretty serious attack on Gamma and I do feel for you guys. I've been through crashes and all before myself and it's never good when this happens. I trust and hope a solution acceptable will be found. Now for the green writing.

I have ignored them thus far because half of you would be suspended by now. But from this point forward any public accusations will result in a warning. I also remind you that filter bypass result in a yellow card. So behave guys.

And good luck to both sides.
Here come AJam with the
OH BEHAVE BABY!

:D

He killed Gamma
Razorjack911
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Gamma-WL
Galaxy: Gamma

Postby Razorjack911 » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 10:05

ya I was looking at it after you said something earlier, the server messed up shortly after the UCs started popping I think around 06:00st would be about right.

I do still say that at least an 8hr min 24hr max Notice prior to the server reopening though.

Ribbentrop wrote: If WRYS talks with their fleets, then they just spent the last hour screaming "OH GOD, WHY? HELP ME! OH, THE HUMANITY!"
Ooga wrote: You would think that this game was full of woman with as much drama that gos on lol
LT
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby LT » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 10:14

Kraton wrote:

That is undoubtably better for you, but its not fairer for everyone. the server is (no matter how much we all think ;)) not actually just about the top guilds, there are a lot more active players in guilds not including anyone involved in this that would be advesly affect by that. putting it back to just before the servers went down allows us to have the crash we all looked forward to without messing with anyone else too much.

Rahab i agree the RL sacrifices would suck and if DDoS and Riddle agree another time tomorrow for it to happen i certainly wouldnt be overly upset by the extra downtime if it helps you have a fair fight, but the reason the admins have never considered a rollover before after things like this is because of the negative effects it has on the vast majority of the players in the server, if they change that policy there will be a flood of requests and complaints from people, especially i imagine those who lost out after the same thing happened in delta!
ok so somthing about mastadon i dont know about at all..NOMy getting hit saw that..then theres this almost 500players whose accounts are major players on the 2 moves. G42-38 and G09-42. Ofc its ok for DS guys as they are not in mucho danger going for the inactives and If it was poke being vulturing and this happening to 2 guilds ruining the game for both sides i would not mind rolling back and missing out on killing few hundred mil fleet of inactives.

And yes rolling back will cause a snowball effect but not rolling back will be the end of gamma and ae...just saying..there were some superfleets on Delta but I cannot remember them actually hitting anything oh well I got my 42mil fleet raped by superbock iirc and then didnt log in for few days :D

He killed Gamma
Ralphy Wiggum
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: MoT DoME

Postby Ralphy Wiggum » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 10:15

Kraton wrote:

I seriously doubt any of the lower end guilds suddenly managed to dramatically change their accounts in the last 24 hours (this is gamma after all). And tbh I pay for this game, so I could care less if AE gets more complaints. They were hackt or the server crashed, either way the product I pay and you pay for has been found to be in fault.

Attacking a server could as easily be used to the advantage of a defender, if it is found that if they attack then the server is reset 6 hours after a launch with maybe 6 more hours of notice. More time to get people notice that a crash is imminent. It would be a one sided fix as the attackers already used their one advantage to make plans for this specific time...

hottie_parms wrote:NOMy's intel must be wrong. He doesn't seem to understand my pure and utter hatred for Ralphy and his little guild in the 50s.
drhoney

Postby drhoney » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 10:16

To my Riddle/Pub guys. What's our orders?

Riddle leadership, can you pm me the IRC stuff.

Thanks,

TFM

LT
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby LT » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 10:18

drhoney wrote:To my Riddle/Pub guys. What's our orders?

Riddle leadership, can you pm me the IRC stuff.

Thanks,

TFM
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=103193" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

afaik this is the way we all roll atm..untill wizard gets this sorted. Let see where and if there is a rollback and where and if there is where it will take us..

He killed Gamma
Jason_PT
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Jason_PT » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 10:23

My guess, they won't rollback.

However...... if they don't rollback how will they explain hits being made by "merged" fleets?

Best solution i think. And seems "harmless" is "putting" DDoS/Riddle/DS fleets back in the WH's.

Everyone agrees with a 5day CF to get things sorted, and we can get back to business.
That way it won't affect the other guilds.

LT
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby LT » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 10:31

Jason Voorhees wrote:My guess, they won't rollback.

However...... if they don't rollback how will they explain hits being made by "merged" fleets?

Best solution i think. And seems "harmless" is "putting" DDoS/Riddle/DS fleets back in the WH's.

Everyone agrees with a 5day CF to get things sorted, and we can get back to business.
That way it won't affect the other guilds.
theres always few [*]hats that start shooting bullets and killing fleets escalating that situation...maybe roll back all the fleets lost on the WH crash..nothin prior to that..move them on their starting astros. I mean last crash against DS in G58 Trizii had his fleet dissappead without a BR the whole thing was put into his own base few days after..he never lost his fleet ranks it always showed the numbers he had prior landing btu his mobile was just totally gone. So it is possible to rollback fleets and implant them into any locations. So imo what went down to seldon and whom ever this mastadon guy is and what happened to him..dont rollback the fleets..dont rollback the entire server. Just pick up those mobiles and put DDoS blob into G42 riddlepub in 38 and DS to their 09 hiding lil bit away from the 09 WH. Then none of the hits and whatever farming etc went on during our flight to 38 wont be affected and we get our fleets back in to a place where its not a matter of luck to log in at certain time..

If they anouncem 1h rollback and so on then suddenly you have again 500+ ppl trying to log in at certain time causing yet another crash an more etears. And if it was haxxing all them attackers can get ready to haxx again at the givn time
Last edited by AJam on Mon 01 Aug, 2011 10:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Filter Bypass Removed

He killed Gamma

Return to “Gamma”