Why are we fighting?

cactuschewer
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: USSV

Why are we fighting?

Postby cactuschewer » Wed 11 Apr, 2012 19:28

I don't think I can even remember why Poke and co has been beating the crap out of DS and friends for nearly 3 years, has it just become the norm? Is that just "how it is"? Looking back at how gamma has progressed since WL died and Poke became it's own side, we've always had beef with someone. You may think that being at war with every guild for years would make the server boring, but Poke has always kept this server interesting. We've pulled apart powerblocks, killed guilds by trolling, ended blob wars in a glorious fashion, made the forums entertaining and always been outnumbered. I think it's because of this why we're at war with everyone. We've done something to everyone at least once to piss them off and they've never been able to get revenge. So the numbers keep on growing, and we all just sit around waiting for them to finally try, once again, to beat us and become the very best, like no one ever was.

It looks like they're finally ready. DS has finished grinding their levels and are making their way through Victory road, to challenge us, the Pokemon League, and gain entry to the hall of fame. Maybe they'll finally be able to do it, maybe they'll win this time. We're sitting on a perfect record against the entire server for a reason, and whether that reason is still here remains to be seen. It's been a while since we've had a crash this big, quite a lot of the original Poke members are no longer around, and a lot of people have quit since the start of the server. Will this be the final nail on the coffin for Gamma? The server has certainly slowed down to how it was 2 years ago, and people have changed sides a lot, guilds have come and gone and the balance of power has shifted and stagnated. But some things have remained the same, Poke has always been outnumbered and we've always come out on top. You'd think DS would've learned by now that numbers don't mean everything, we've proved this to them time and time again and made the server our playground in the process. We've won this server over and over again and managed to keep it fair every time, the people who hate us are the people who we've beaten to prevent them from killing this server. Like it or not, DS and friends, PoKéNoM heroes have made this server what it is today and kept it interesting in the process, we are the heroes Astro Empires needed. Will DS be able to do the same? Or will they continue to fall short of where we stand, like they have proven to do so in the past?

Get on our level, DS.

Ex: -Min-/FAIL/S3D/MODS/RAVE/(-o-)/5150/GOON/PEACE/WL
Cloak wrote:you are full of win cactus
TheSpunkyOne wrote:Cactus thought process when posting on the forums
Mmm--->Womens---->Boobs----->Beer----->Derbs------>Posted
Kraton
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: DS, LOVE

Re: Why are we fighting?

Postby Kraton » Wed 11 Apr, 2012 19:30

we're fighting because its fun, it realy is that simple

Hasta La Victoria Siempre
Matthewscorp
Silver Member
Silver Member
Galaxy: Fenix

Postby Matthewscorp » Wed 11 Apr, 2012 19:31

make love not war

BEWARE OF BUTTHURT
FlapjackSamurai
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: BORG/THOG/Om~Lo/GRITS/BARF/DL

Postby FlapjackSamurai » Wed 11 Apr, 2012 19:49

Cactus, I don't ask this often, but will you have my e-babies? They will be glorious space spreadsheet nerds that will pwn the zeta server when it comes out.

kkthxbai

Alpha - SHIELD
Beta - AA
Ceti - Devil
Delta - WMD
Epsilon - GOON
Fenix - somewhere, in some place

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found
Rekronoa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: See sig.
Galaxy: Fenix

Postby Rekronoa » Wed 11 Apr, 2012 19:59

DS is going to beat POKE. End of story.

I am Rekronoa
F: OoR
Ralphy Wiggum
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: DDoS
Galaxy: Gamma

Postby Ralphy Wiggum » Wed 11 Apr, 2012 20:11

Rekronoa wrote:DS is going to beat POKE. End of story.
Well *beep*, rekronoa has spoken shut down the thread. You sound upset. Almost like. U mad. Which is strange since you don't have a dog in the fight, you just wanna suck up on Krouton

EDIT for posterity

Base G53:**:**:** ᴷʳᵅᵗᵒᵑ ❤ ᴿᵃᴵᵖʰᵞ

[(-!-)] 4.031.375.455 (85) 367.270.025 (14) 4.398.645.480 (99)
[DS] 7.416.921.340 (269) 7.416.921.340 (269)
[=¿=] 181.595.705 (4) 181.595.705 (4)
Total 4.031.375.515 (86) 8.034.671.100 (297) 12.066.046.615 (383)

hottie_parms wrote:NOMy's intel must be wrong. He doesn't seem to understand my pure and utter hatred for Ralphy and his little guild in the 50s.
Sandcastle Smasher
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L: [USSV]
O: [DNA]

Postby Sandcastle Smasher » Wed 11 Apr, 2012 21:29

FlapjackSamurai wrote:Cactus, I don't ask this often, but will you have my e-babies? They will be glorious space spreadsheet nerds that will pwn the zeta server when it comes out.
kkthxbai
Hes taken. >:U

Also im going to be watching this quite intently.

DS is the Blue to Pokes Red.
Without one the other would not be as great, nor have a reason for exisiting.
However I like Kraton, i would be interested to see what a server with him on top would be like.

That being said. I like my account more than that.
Shiho you better get some good ratios.
Pretty sure Kraton has a levi stack :paranoid:

Sammael wrote:I wish I were allowed to just straight up ban people for no reason
Typhus wrote:So braver is moe?
BaNeth wrote:You silly vacation seldon ;)
TheVoice wrote:In Communist Lyra, Seldon blame you
hottie_parms
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: G: [PUB]
K: [quote]

Postby hottie_parms » Wed 11 Apr, 2012 21:49

What is nice about this is that it's quick. We didn't all mass into two big blobs and stare at eachother for days. DS launched with friends like us, Poke is contesting.

It's going to be a fun fight one way or another. I've won and lost my fair share of blob crashes, but this seems to be like it's shaping up to be VERY ACTIVE on both sides.

Good job to all. And good luck to me.

cactuschewer
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: USSV

Postby cactuschewer » Wed 11 Apr, 2012 22:18

gg, DS

Ex: -Min-/FAIL/S3D/MODS/RAVE/(-o-)/5150/GOON/PEACE/WL
Cloak wrote:you are full of win cactus
TheSpunkyOne wrote:Cactus thought process when posting on the forums
Mmm--->Womens---->Boobs----->Beer----->Derbs------>Posted
hottie_parms
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: G: [PUB]
K: [quote]

Postby hottie_parms » Thu 12 Apr, 2012 03:23

My preference has been to avoid the big blob crashes and try to stick to smaller ninja-ops. But obviously that didn't turn out.

Kraton did a great job planning this. Poke did a great job by standing up and not running away from the fight. They scambled a helluva a fleet to contest the landing on very short notice, despite the fact that Gamma's biggest battle recently has been against inactivity. Most importantly -- THEY FOUGHT. They didn't run away despite the uncertainty. Poke has always been good about that, and I respect them for it.

I'm concerned that this will inevitably lead to people quitting the server, with the usual excuses:
"I wanted to quit anyway, I just wanted to go out with a bang first"
"I sick of all the BS on this server (and I don't mean Battleships!)"
"The server is dead, there's no point in playing anymore"
And (less common, but more likely realistic)
"I lost my mobile. Bawquit"

Don't let this happen. Win or lose, both sides showed that this server CAN be active given the circumstances. By this point, we've all been zf'ed countless times. We should know that rebuilding can happen, especially with some of the strong prod caps behind Poke.

There's going to be a bit of simming for the next few weeks...but let's try to minimize the etears and ragequits. There's always next time.

Some advice for the future: It seems that PUB usually ends up on the winning side of these blob crashes -- first as allies of Poke, then as allies of DS. Keep that in mind next time. We're lucky mascots. :paranoid:

Sandcastle Smasher
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Sandcastle Smasher » Thu 12 Apr, 2012 09:32

hottie_parms wrote:"I sick of all the BS on this server (and I don't mean Battleships!)"
Well with me, haunter and saki dead most of the servers sexiest BS stacks are gone so that excuse is null and void :paranoid:

But yea, server is far from over.

DS has come back time and time again from this level of defeat.
It was a victory for them hard in the making.

However with poke dominance finally beaten after over 2years of being on top the server has opened up for all new possibilities.
My hope is that we can divert from the 2party system that has held gamma firmly and totally in its grasp for 2 years now and open up the political scene. Although that ball is in Kraton and Saru's court for now.

The mood in poke just after the crash was only dismay at people dying before they could make their hits, which is a usual complaint, but with DS actually taking quite a blow on this hit (it was a good crash by them, but they lost a lot of fleet from what i could gather) it will be a while before DS and Riddle are back in full fighting form, even with the derbs they will inevitably gather it will be a long road to recovery.
And pokedome?
Well DS has rebuilt all these times, so if Pokedome dont give it a shot i will be very disappointed.

Props to Kraton for finally doing what was undoable during the reign of Chansey, Rahab, Braver and myself. Props to Saru for continuing the good work Dr. Silent started with Riddle in making them a powerful offensive force. Props to PUB for once again serving their role in the server which they do without complaint. They are a powerful ally as they are willing to donate their fleet to the cause very quickly and in a trusting manor.
Finally, Props to pokedome. As i said before, they did a hell of a lot of damage, at no point in the crash did it look like they would win, but they kept fighting and laid the smack down on the invading fleets.

After the derbs are gone and the standard follow up OPs to catch inactive fleets that didnt participate and make a few profit runs for those that made no hits on the crash I hope this server can sort out a balance that is fair for both sides. After all, in poke we were kind overlords ;)

Maybe these changes will rouse my interest enough to come back :think:

Sammael wrote:I wish I were allowed to just straight up ban people for no reason
fendelius
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby fendelius » Thu 12 Apr, 2012 09:38

Long <Live> Chansey!!! The Pokenommies will never die <3

anyway im sorry i missed it, but this thread explains alot. hope everyone had fun.

remember tehse servers go on forever so everyone can rebuild and do it again in a year or so :dance:

The wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears....ha ha
Malchiah
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: G-DS
N-Legio/BOB/SLS

Postby Malchiah » Thu 12 Apr, 2012 12:44

Sandcastle Smasher wrote:After all, in poke we were kind overlords ;)
If kind = turn your back on allies and recall trap friends then yes, you were kind.

Psi_Corps
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [DREAM]
Galaxy: Lyra

Postby Psi_Corps » Thu 12 Apr, 2012 12:50

hottie_parms wrote:What is nice about this is that it's quick. We didn't all mass into two big blobs and stare at eachother for days. DS launched with friends like us, Poke is contesting.
hottie_parms wrote:I've won and lost my fair share of blob crashes

Amen to that. I'd say this crash was the ONLY major crash in my time playing this game that I've come out of with some fleet left, LOL.
All the other active crashes, I've still collected back the losses, but this time I got to do some nice rapeage with the fleet I had and collect the proceeds, so it's all good. Was a very fun crash
fendelius wrote:Long <Live> Chansey!!! The Pokenommies will never die <3

anyway im sorry i missed it, but this thread explains alot. hope everyone had fun.

remember tehse servers go on forever so everyone can rebuild and do it again in a year or so :dance:
+1

Yeah rebuilding may not seem like fun, but I dont like to quit just cos I get zero'd

Proud member of:
G [DS], H [LOVE], I [WOYS], J [1st], K [DDoS], L [DREAM]
Sandcastle Smasher
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Sandcastle Smasher » Thu 12 Apr, 2012 13:15

Malchiah wrote:
Sandcastle Smasher wrote:After all, in poke we were kind overlords ;)
If kind = turn your back on allies and recall trap friends then yes, you were kind.
That was NOM, not Poke.
And allies are only allies if they are being useful. 90% of the time our allies weren't being useful. So we NOM'd them. Chansey protected his web of pacts for a long arse time. You should be more appreciative to poke.

Return to “Gamma”