hottie_parms
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: G: [PUB]
K: [quote]
Galaxy: Gamma

Re: Well done DS, Riddle (not PUB)

Postby hottie_parms » Tue 17 Apr, 2012 15:02

NOMy, remind me to give you a +1 on this when I lose my yellow brick.

One correction: Yesterday, PUB agreed to a 30-day CF. Do I expect Poke to be anywhere near rebuilt during that time? Hell no. But you know what? It gives poke a small break from worrying about us chasing their restock around everywhere. It gives you guys a chance to focus on hitting smaller targets to fuel your rebuild a bit.

In the grand scheme of things, it does help a little bit. But golly gee, Purge, it seems everybody whines if we don't do the CF, and then there's more whining when we DO go for it. If Poke/BARF want us to drop the CF...PM me in game. :bleh:

It will be an uphill battle for Poke, but there are some very strong accounts over there, and if they keep at it, a year from now it may be DS who is asking for the CF. Until then, stick to smaller ops (kind of like Purges ninja ops into the 30s, maybe?) and you'll do fine.

shortlivedglory
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: no thanks

Postby shortlivedglory » Tue 17 Apr, 2012 18:54

@Trooper Jaxxz: Purge is considered by many to be a legend in this game. Almost nothing can keep him from having a top account and raising the quality of his entire guild when he actually tries. You will never get him to cry. You will never be his equal. Your pathetic attempts at trolling him in order to look cool only betray the vast depth of your immaturity. Stop talking before you make yourself look even more foolish.

grigri wrote:i have 1 levi (his birth was about 2 month ago) but it is so shine, so shine SO SHINE, that i can't send it in a combat!
Person012345: Every time someone tries to get p-rings before lvl 30, a puppy dies
most epic thread ever
SamuraiIIII
Guild: =¿=

Postby SamuraiIIII » Tue 17 Apr, 2012 20:54

One of our spais took a picture of The Legend, few hrs before the crash. He seemed prepared:

Riddle has been the rabbit for quite a while. Never ... ever... a Riddle guy whined on the forums. We took it, recovered, and went further.
I play this game from 2006, on different servers, I usually babysit accounts for crashes on almost all servers, I saw quite a bunch of small guilds becoming important and big guilds crashing for apparently no reason at all. Sure, some guys felt very comfortable hiding behind a 5+ bil blob, they practically forgot what this game means. Now it's the truth time. Grow and survive. Like we did for years in Riddle. Yet, building top ten accounts. Yes, it can be done.

About the crash. I had my doubts. Seeing the forces involved, we had 4 bil landing against 4.5 bil BATTLE fleets in the first 2 minutes. I told Kraton we might loose, he told me, eh, ok, at least we'll do it with style :). And amazingly, we won. In all blob crashes I saw, attacking force was at least 1.5 defending force, when defenders knew it will happen (and I speak about the first 2 minutes, when the war is decided). This time, we were simply much better. No false modesty here. We managed to hit in most cases the right fleets. Almost all involved players on our side played their fleet to the end. Congrats to my guys, good job!

About the CF. I never understood why a CF would serve you guys. We are full, we don't need creds for months, and the big fleets we have are mostly guys who ... don't want to loose'em. You won't see these fleets hunting in your garden. You can ninja hit our lonely fleets and under defended bases, and make some bucks. I granted N a CF because they really seemed to need it. But the rest... BARF are active players, a CF would make them feel bad. They can do without it, I'm sure. Like we did. All the time.

You pokedomies had your chance. You tried to launch on us few times. You failed. Miserably. We were there (Riddle an PUB) waiting. Maybe it would have been a better idea to actually land. We did, even when the odds seemed not quite in our favor :).

Cheers, and enjoy the game. Or quit :)

- Saru -
Sandcastle Smasher
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: F: [Dibz]
G: [NOM]
L: [USSV]

Postby Sandcastle Smasher » Tue 17 Apr, 2012 21:21

hottie_parms wrote:NOMy, remind me to give you a +1 on this when I lose my yellow brick.

One correction: Yesterday, PUB agreed to a 30-day CF. Do I expect Poke to be anywhere near rebuilt during that time? Hell no. But you know what? It gives poke a small break from worrying about us chasing their restock around everywhere. It gives you guys a chance to focus on hitting smaller targets to fuel your rebuild a bit.
My apologies, as Ive said to a few people, i only came back on.... the morning after the crash and didnt log on again until this evening. Didnt know PUB signed a CF too. But that just makes my point more valid.
SamuraiIIII wrote:-Riddle has been the rabbit for quite a while. Never ... ever... a Riddle guy whined on the forums. We took it, recovered, and went further.
-Yet, building top ten accounts. Yes, it can be done.
-I told Kraton we might loose, he told me, eh, ok, at least we'll do it with style :).
-This time, we were simply much better. No false modesty here. We managed to hit in most cases the right fleets. Almost all involved players on our side played their fleet to the end. Congrats to my guys, good job!
That, that, that (its why me and braver liked him too :P) and that.

Y'all won because either through purpose or accident your landing worked perfectly to fight against a levi bounce.
Key fleets in poke were killed before fleets designated as key fleets in DS were killed, thus fleets like yours, that beautiful looking IF stack and the DS levis were able to land.
The pokedome guys who got their hits off, bravo to them, the ticker was quite pretty on our side for the most part. But while we got the "mundane" hits right, the key ones werent done, either due to the standard (and frankly truthful) complaint of lag or just due to our guys waiting for the key hits being taken out first.
In the end DS rightfully won the field of battle.

On the terms of the CF complaints I think its more that Poke hasnt had to give a CF in the past as we have always fought against a side with more players. This time the side with more players won. Its a logical complaint, but still there is no reason for DS, PUB or Riddle to sign a CF other than the fact that their guys are out of fleet and pretty much their only target is now .... "out to lunch" ;)

Sammael wrote:I wish I were allowed to just straight up ban people for no reason
Typhus wrote:So braver is moe?
BaNeth wrote:You silly vacation seldon ;)
TheVoice wrote:In Communist Lyra, Seldon blame you
Malchiah
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: G-DS
N-Legio/BOB/SLS

Postby Malchiah » Tue 17 Apr, 2012 21:22

Sandcastle Smasher wrote: WAR - Yes, we in poke did pursue you when we dropped the pact. Yes it was unfair. It wasnt because you were bad players. It was because we were trying to drop pokes pact list to keep the server more fair for everyone. Apologises for anyone who thought there was hate in it but there wasnt.
We always understood why you dropped the pacts, we just didn't understand why we were suddenly public enemy #1. Because of your relentless crashes, we could never recover or regroup because you'd arrive at every LZ before we would. I swear we had leaks everywhere. But we also never asked for a CF. ;)
braver and kraton had their little gay love thing on the side
Could you clarify this a bit? :think:

Sandcastle Smasher
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Sandcastle Smasher » Tue 17 Apr, 2012 21:53

Malchiah wrote:
Sandcastle Smasher wrote: WAR - Yes, we in poke did pursue you when we dropped the pact. Yes it was unfair. It wasnt because you were bad players. It was because we were trying to drop pokes pact list to keep the server more fair for everyone. Apologises for anyone who thought there was hate in it but there wasnt.
We always understood why you dropped the pacts, we just didn't understand why we were suddenly public enemy #1. Because of your relentless crashes, we could never recover or regroup because you'd arrive at every LZ before we would. I swear we had leaks everywhere. But we also never asked for a CF. ;)
braver and kraton had their little gay love thing on the side
Could you clarify this a bit? :think:
You werent enemy #1, you were close :P
I mean, why would we fly out of the 20s when there was 20-27 filled with targets with stronghold galaxy class defenses and large base fleets. A guild were we already knew the majority of the rally points and large jump gates for.
No, it was just easy targets. And at first, it really was, we made a fortune down there. But after the initial profit runs and you guys got into a defensive mindset it became a minefield down there, for both guilds.

And for the CF part, the only difference in argument is scale. That was a 20s only issue. However this is a server wide issue. The CF from DS and Pub is as i see, enough. If anyone was willing too anyway they would just jump into [XXX] guild to make a few profit runs or hits in PokeDome territory. As saru said, there really isnt much point to riddle CFing them.

The gay thing? That was just braver and Kraton talking like every day. I swear i felt like the parent of a 14yo girl telling braver to get off the phone when he was talking to his friends about boys >.<

Sammael wrote:I wish I were allowed to just straight up ban people for no reason
shortlivedglory
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby shortlivedglory » Wed 18 Apr, 2012 00:17

Sandcastle Smasher wrote: The gay thing? That was just braver and Kraton talking like every day. I swear i felt like the parent of a 14yo girl telling braver to get off the phone when he was talking to his friends about boys >.<
Kraton used to be such a nice young man. So much potential! Then he started hanging out with Braver. That guy corrupts everyone! :scared:

grigri wrote:i have 1 levi (his birth was about 2 month ago) but it is so shine, so shine SO SHINE, that i can't send it in a combat!
Person012345: Every time someone tries to get p-rings before lvl 30, a puppy dies
most epic thread ever
Malchiah
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
N-Legio/BOB/SLS

Postby Malchiah » Wed 18 Apr, 2012 00:38

I don't think I like the idea of Braver hanging around Kraton. :think:

Sandcastle Smasher
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Sandcastle Smasher » Wed 18 Apr, 2012 01:10

Braver moved out of town. So he wont corrupt our lill kraty anymore ;)

Actually.... i should probably tell him gamma could be fun again :think:

Trooper Jaxxz
Suspended User
Suspended User
Guild: War Legendz
Galaxy: Epsilon

Postby Trooper Jaxxz » Wed 18 Apr, 2012 03:43

shortlivedglory wrote:@Trooper Jaxxz: Purge is considered by many to be a legend in this game. Almost nothing can keep him from having a top account and raising the quality of his entire guild when he actually tries. You will never get him to cry. You will never be his equal. Your pathetic attempts at trolling him in order to look cool only betray the vast depth of your immaturity. Stop talking before you make yourself look even more foolish.
Your legend is a coward quitting after one defeat.
Sandcastle Smasher wrote: DS - You guys have had this victory coming to you for a long time. You have been active springing back from badluck and dark planning time and time and time again. You guys deserved this victory not due to anything but your own skill.
LIKE A BOSS pawning all the legendary crybaby newbs.

Rekronoa wrote:Will someone please give Trooper his third yellow so he'll stop spamming stupid *beep* all over the forum?
PokeNOM = Gamma's farm guild.
Purge
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Ex (-o-), 1st
LOVE, King, Royal

Postby Purge » Wed 18 Apr, 2012 05:34

@ hottie

I wouldn't have given a CF at all. Unlike Braver and Nommie, I don't particularly believe in letting enemies get back up.

I wouldn't have dropped either PUB or WARSAW, though I would have insisted that they clean up their guilds to a proper fighting trim...And if they didn't, drop them for not being a useful ally.

+1 - Hot steel rod of pwning

I am defo going to fight against Addex next time, but I do need to pray and make sure I don't end up in the galaxy with Purge, because, *beep*, that's beast. - Ghassy
Malchiah
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
N-Legio/BOB/SLS

Postby Malchiah » Wed 18 Apr, 2012 05:45

Wow, I haven't heard it called WARSAW in a long time. :D

That's just what we were doing in the end. We dumped over half our members to improve our efficiency, raise averages and plug leaks but by then it was too late.

I'm not sure PUB could really do that at the time because they had just absorbed their subguild right before that. I'm sure they wanted to trim the fat, but probably felt obligated to give those others a chance to integrate before cutting their throats. ;)

fendelius
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby fendelius » Wed 18 Apr, 2012 10:21

well im just happy the gamma P&W forum is alive and well

and u shouldnt insult purge jaxx he really is a legend. if you dont believe me go into helion and try fighting his triad some time lulz

i tink if everyonein gamma just keeps playing no one gives up then the politics and the power blocs might change a bit in response to the blob crash. i mean WAR could reform? CORE or RAGE could reform alot of guilds could pop out of nowhere so u never know what could happen.

now i was in ceti a year and their Sword Union Anti Sword Union two pole server is pretty boring, here in gamma there are several power blocs so the dynamics are still fluid and changing. People still make pacts and adjust, there not stale mated like in some of the older servers. So if everyone just keeps playing and rebuilds tehre is prolly some fun still to be had :dance:

The wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears....ha ha
Rekronoa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: See sig.
Galaxy: Fenix

Postby Rekronoa » Wed 18 Apr, 2012 11:52

In Helion, it's not the Triad anymore. They dropped H-IV and ate them. Now they are the Testicles.

I am Rekronoa
F: OoR
shortlivedglory
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby shortlivedglory » Wed 18 Apr, 2012 22:11

Trooper Jaxxz wrote: Your legend is a coward quitting after one defeat.
ROFL, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Do you have any idea how many times Purge has been zf'd on this server? He has been suicided on multiple occasions and has sacrificed his fleet for the guild for no derbz at least once that I can recall. Yet he was always one of the top accounts on this server. Seriously, I have yet to see you post anything that is not foolish on an epic level. You should probably just stop before a real player in your own guild is forced to put you in your place. I imagine it would be quite embarrassing to get scolded like that in public.

most epic thread ever

Return to “Gamma”