dear leaders and GMs of gamma

MC.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Galaxy: Alpha

dear leaders and GMs of gamma

Postby MC. » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 12:21

before we get started, please no talk of the SW,there are other topics for trollin and luls, this is to find a solution and avoid killing the server.

now that the SW is over we need to find a solution for us small guilds before the server dies like all others. i can see the future of gamma and i can see the small guilds getting the backlash of all the lost fleets,is this going to happen or are the GM of gamma going to avoid repeat failures from other servers?

as of now people want to rebuild which is understandable,but at what cost? farming small players into quiting? derbing every small players fleet to rebuild? yes this is your option and its a bad one,if you want to kill the server and fight over scraps then keep up your good work on derbing small guilds,im sure your plan to kill the server will be fulfilled by doing this :)

now lets avoid this problem and find a solution to keep small guilds alive and kicking.

please discuss your view on how you would run gamma,you dont have to be a leader to put your view across,its just always a good idea for many people to add views rather then the leaders.

please keep it all civil and to the point,no trollin please, AE is serious stuff.

doing my part to rustle the jimmies of the OG community since 2009.
Malchiah
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: G-DS
N-Legio/BOB/SLS

Re: dear leaders and GMs of gamma

Postby Malchiah » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 18:32

I applaud your attempt, though I honestly don't know if it will work. I'm afraid I don't recognize who you are in Gamma, but it's clear you are an Alpha player. However, Alpha and Gamma are very different animals.

Whereas Alpha has open diplomacy and bureaucratic-like processes for declaring war, Gamma is more about hidden diplomacy, backstabbing and survival-of-the-fittest. Applying Alpha politics to Gamma (even with good intentions on your part) usually falls on deaf ears.

However, I understand your points. I personally don't hit small guilds unless they present such an easy opportunity for me (such as leaving millions of fleet sitting on their bases for a long time). :eh:

Large guilds often get into a stalemate, cold-war mentality where we constantly fear the rival guild will out-produce us. Thus, rather than risk a crash we might not win, we usually feed all we can wherever possible to fuel our production queues, which literally run NON-STOP 24 hrs per day. :idea: Only by getting regular feedings can we also fill our construction and research queues.

Right now is an opportunity for the small guilds. Some of the large guilds are rebuilding and may not be as much of a threat right now. However, this window of opportunity has its limits. Once our economies are strained by the fleet production, it is inevitable the feeding will continue again in full force.

I recommend small guilds do the following:

- Share contact info with guildmates (cell/skype/email) and watch out for each other.
- Organize into groups to take down larger targets you wouldn't normally handle alone.
- Don't be afraid to hit larger guilds for profit. We get complacent and have TONS of random fleet laying around.
- Too many pacts? Allies who do nothing aren't allies. They only prevent you from growing.

And perhaps the most difficult:

- Inactivity!! Inactive people don't watch scanners, don't make hits, and inflate your numbers to make you appear stronger than you really are. They must somehow be brought back into the game, relegated to a sub-guild, or left behind entirely.

Mork Hemsko
Guild: PARDX
Galaxy: Epsilon

Postby Mork Hemsko » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 19:48

I too applaud the sentiment.

The triumphant alliance of DS/RIDDLE/PUB seems stable and therefore those hoping for a new server war between them, will be sadly disappointed.

POKE will remain a threat and in a way it is an even more dangerous time for small guilds as

a) POKE need to rebuild
b) DS/RIDDLE/PUB having given POKE a 30 day CF need new targets

So how to go forward?

i) Merge smaller guilds in bigger guilds? Unlikely the large guilds are almost "closed shops" these days.

ii) Merger smaller guilds to form new "super-guilds". In principle that seems a good idea BUT, the smaller guilds are so small, it would take a number of them to form an effective new super-guild. (with the possible exception of a SI/STEEL merger)

Cast out for your thoughts!

PUB:The server's good guys

MC.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby MC. » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 20:25

@Malchiah

your advice is perfect,i agree that all you say would improve small guilds, but there is one small flaw that is gripping onto us small guilds..the ability to be safe. when i started gamma i set out to be a top 5 guild and never got there,i dont know where i went wrong or my guild but we failed,you lot got to where you are through hard work and having plenty of followers for you to lead,i put in the same hard work but got nothing in return, now years down the line we are still stuck,it would take us years and 100% activity to be able to take control of a slice of gamma and be safe. the amount of work that would be needed and backing to achieve that goal is next to impossible,i would love to have at least 20 players with no commitments to put in some old fashion elbow grease but where would i get them players? how could i get my guild to put even more time into AE? and to keep up the hard work for the next 2 years?

if i could i would do it but at this stage in the game us small guilds have no chance unless larger guilds open up to us, farming is a example of 2 thing, preying on the weak and ones inability to trust outside guilds.

i just dont want this to be forgotan, im here standing up for us small guys,i was in poke a couple of months ago and was a member for almost 2 years,i left b/c i could not stand seeing the little guys farmed, even if i was a member of DS or PUB i would of left for them reason as its comman practice in large guilds and i dont agree with it.

im not saying gamma should be alpha,im saying take some ideas from alpha and see if they can be implemented in a way that can keep the member count high and the server growth averages better and most of all to encourage new guilds to form,thats the problem i see with the ranks page,there is not enough guilds on this server,everyone is couped up in large numbers and the gaps are so large it takes months of effort to move up 1 rank,and then your attepts are met my a large guild butt mashing you for 5 mill then putting a levi on ya base to add a cherry ontop.

Malchiah
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
N-Legio/BOB/SLS

Postby Malchiah » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 21:33

MC. wrote:i agree that all you say would improve small guilds, but there is one small flaw that is gripping onto us small guilds..the ability to be safe.

No place is really safe. Guilds minimize the danger by setting up strongholds. As a small guild, being spread out is too dangerous. As the stronghold expands, the safer you will be, though this may attract attention from other guilds who view you as a threat. But embrace this as an opportunity for further growth. ;)

MC. wrote:i dont know where i went wrong or my guild but we failed,you lot got to where you are through hard work and having plenty of followers for you to lead,i put in the same hard work but got nothing in return, now years down the line we are still stuck,it would take us years and 100% activity to be able to take control of a slice of gamma and be safe.

I've seen great guilds collapse for literally no reason at all. Maybe some people feel a guild isn't expanding fast enough and they leave. Other players get nervous, so they also leave. The domino effect continues til the guild is left with only inactives and the few loyal, die-hard players who'll never leave no matter how bad things get, but by then, the damage is done. Sometimes guilds just can't be saved. :(

It's hard to let go of a guild you love, but are you really having fun? Either take your best players and head to greener pastures or merge/take over other small guilds. The difficulty here is they may also be in denial and might refuse your offer, holding onto some idealistic notion of guild freedom, while being in the same position you're in.

MC. wrote:i would love to have at least 20 players with no commitments to put in some old fashion elbow grease but where would i get them players? how could i get my guild to put even more time into AE? and to keep up the hard work for the next 2 years?

This is a hard one. Players slowly leave as the server gets older (alpha being an exception). New players don't always come along.

Members of big guilds don't want to leave because they like the activity and the safety of being in a top guild. So there's only one place to get new members, and that's other small guilds. Bear in mind that they might have the same concerns, issues, and problems with inactivity as you do. Either you join them, or they join you, or you all get together to make something bigger, or you try to become friends with a larger guild (also difficult unless you provide something they want).

DamnYankee
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby DamnYankee » Sun 15 Apr, 2012 23:02

Dead server is already dead

I blame Seldon by default.
Friends don't let friends play AE 2.0
LT wrote:...Hey I think am joining the Damn Yankee club so blame seldon...

Note to self: Intellectual debates with the mindless are truly pointless.
hottie_parms
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: G: [PUB]
K: [quote]
Galaxy: Gamma

Postby hottie_parms » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 01:56

At this stage of the server, there's not much to hope for a group of small guilds with poor accounts to catch up. Obviously, right now you have an opportunity to strike out at the big guilds as they rebuild -- hit the poorly defended DS and Poke bases that don't have enough fleet to defend themselves from your small hit & run raids.

But, that will only last a little while. Your lack of strength isn't necessarily in your lack of fleet. It's in your lack of prod cap. So you won't be able to build up enough fleet fast enough to compete once the top guilds are back on their feet.

So, what do you do if you can't catch up on your own? Find a way to be useful. Do you happen to be in a territory that is largely locked down by one strong guild? Maybe offer up your JGs to another big guild in exchange for protection.

There may be other ways to be useful, as well. Figure something out.

While you're doing all this, do your best to build your accounts. Increase your production cap, build more bases, keep production going 24/7. Be aggressive. You may not catch up to the top players in DS/Poke. But maybe you'll get enough to be near or in the top 10. I mean, look at STEEL.

VORTEX_
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [DS]

Postby VORTEX_ » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 04:54

No mercy for noobs! WE WILL KILL ALL OF U :firedevil:

Ralphy Wiggum
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: DDoS

Postby Ralphy Wiggum » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 05:08

MC I have the utmost respect for you and your guild. I appreciate what your trying to do. Unfortunately I'm afraid I don't see a gamma in the near future that would facilitate the growth of your guild. If you could boost the activity of your players I'm sure you could be quite the little power house. While the activity is lacking I'm afraid its not a terribly bright future for your guild going forward alone

VORTEX_ wrote:No mercy for noobs! WE WILL GET RIDDLE AND PUB TO COME WITH US AND ZERG YOU TO DEATH :firedevil:

fixt that for ya there clock impersonator

hottie_parms wrote:NOMy's intel must be wrong. He doesn't seem to understand my pure and utter hatred for Ralphy and his little guild in the 50s.
VORTEX_
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby VORTEX_ » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 05:14

I sense massive butthurt from getting raped. DIE NOOBS DIE! :firedevil:

Ralphy Wiggum
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: DDoS

Postby Ralphy Wiggum » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 05:22

You caught me. I am massively "butt-hurt". If you would like to continue flaming me lets do it outside this guys thread. He wasn't involved in the crash. Also bring something a little more witty next time please. HP and Saru give trolling lessons, I'm sure your aware of who they are seeing as you can't do much without PUB and Riddle

hottie_parms wrote:NOMy's intel must be wrong. He doesn't seem to understand my pure and utter hatred for Ralphy and his little guild in the 50s.
VORTEX_
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby VORTEX_ » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 05:26

Ralphy Wiggum please stop talking to me, NOOBS don't deserve my full attention. :lol:

fendelius
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby fendelius » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 08:10

i could spend 6 months trying to make a new mega coalition out of war + sgc + dbzig + a bunch of other smaller guilds only to see hottie and arcained kill the GM and vice gm of the said new colation and then backstab us and take WAR into PUB and then delete out in disgust....

((the funny ting is that is wat did happen))

or i could make a newbie guild or a coalition of newbie guilds and we would become underlings of the major guilds and then the major guilds could appoint champiions fo their newebie guilds and put them in a bullfighting rings and they could live vicariously thru us as we battle to the death...

or we could just go on a massive recruiting drive in all the other servers and get all our teammates to sign up ofr new accounts in gamma and then al the big guilds would have more ppl to recruit eventually

anyway i have always liked gamma i dont want gamma to die . so im doing my part ot keep it alive by spamming our forums :P

The wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears....ha ha
MC.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby MC. » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 09:45

please people no trolling each other.

we need to come together to find a solution as a server,as a server we have the ability to make change but there will always be 50% that is against the change im about to ask.

i propose that the large guilds take a small guild under there wing and work with them,now this is not a free ticket im asking for,its me asking the large guilds to keep the server alive and growth of the server.

my own reason for asking this and the reason of my whole guild is this: i left poke and had 30 mill fleet,for the next 2 months i had to make sure that my fleet was safe,this meant that i had to keep an eye on my fleet every 2 mins waiting for the right move time for when i could be online to see it land,i kept this up for 2 months and managed to escape many close encouters,now what happened when i made one small tiny mistake? i was online at the time and complety forgot my fleet was landing and it got derbed on landing. now how unfair is that? that me as a underdog have to put in 3 times as much work as a guild that is safely blobed up with no care in the world.

you know what the worse thing is,the whole time im keeping my fleets safe im looking for a large target to derb,i land and the target is there but my guild mates are else where in the gamma verse trying to keep there fleets safe,im lucky enough to be jobless at the moment so i can be online when ever i want,not the other guys though,they have jobs and commitments and having to be on the run 24 hours a day is harderly fair is it?

put yourself in my shoes big players,you leave with 100 mill to rejoin your old guild,you have no protection and have to put in hard work to keep your fleet safe. do you really want to be checking your regions every 2 mins for scouts? yes i did this and like i said i eventuly made a slip up and payed the price.

i do not speak for myself only on this,i speak for everyone small player and guild that have this issue and not all of them can be as active as me or as pro,some may have 40+ hours a week jobs,i cant expect them to be able to keep there fleets alive for aslong as i did.

countless times my fellow spartans have been derbed,not b/c there not any good at AE or they cant keep there fleets safe,its there other commitment outside of AE + having no place to feel remotely safe.

please gamma,all us small guilds face these problems every day,we get butt raped on a daily basis and all we can do is hope for a better gamma.

merging should not be a option,every merge means one less guild on gamma,one less guild means all the players will be in super guilds,all the people being in super guilds means another SW and another server war means even more server raping.

help us small guilds gamma top 10. your future depends on us,without us you will eat each other and eventualy it will be just kraton ho0tti and ralphy 3 waying each other and changing the 3 way every 2 years.

Malchiah
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
N-Legio/BOB/SLS

Postby Malchiah » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 10:23

You may not like merging, but I really do feel it is the best option for many of the small guilds. More people to watch your back, participate on ops and more gates for more mobility. A small guild can't adequately cover a large enough area to maintain a stronghold.

I could be wrong, but are you guys located close to one another? I just see random SO members scattered around in remote places, which means more than likely, all the fleet will be scattered around as well.

I like the idea of each large guild taking a smaller guild under its wings, but that is already happening to some extent. Usually this is because those smaller guilds are willing to provide extra gates, or help keep tabs on what's happening in the larger guild's backyard while ops are underway.

Return to “Gamma”