dear leaders and GMs of gamma

MC.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: dear leaders and GMs of gamma

Postby MC. » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 10:50

Malchiah wrote:You may not like merging, but I really do feel it is the best option for many of the small guilds. More people to watch your back, participate on ops and more gates for more mobility. A small guild can't adequately cover a large enough area to maintain a stronghold.

I could be wrong, but are you guys located close to one another? I just see random SO members scattered around in remote places, which means more than likely, all the fleet will be scattered around as well.

I like the idea of each large guild taking a smaller guild under its wings, but that is already happening to some extent. Usually this is because those smaller guilds are willing to provide extra gates, or help keep tabs on what's happening in the larger guild's backyard while ops are underway.

we are all strongholded off in G49 and G50,we do have a odd member not in them galaxys but 80% of us are in them 2 galaxys,we have level 12/13/14 and soon a level 15 JG and will closly follow by a level 16.

when i started i had over 100 members in G50 alone,1 month later 75 of them members left us to form other guilds and later down the line we get farmed cos we are in there stronghold,im sorry but SO was the first guild to be formed in G50,i know this cos i waited for it to open and the second it open i was recruiting like a islamic recruiter on heat,today G50 is a bad place to be in,even though we have level 10-15 JGs all spread out in scanner free regions we still cant go back. now we set out to create another stronghold in G49,reason being that we can move from G50 to G49 very fast, but G49 is controled by the same people who control G50.

its not that we dont want to merge,its we refuse to give into the way AE works,i had a goal 3 years ago,i never reached it,just b/c i fell on my bum trying to fullfill my goal dont mean i cant get back up.

as long as SO has its JGs and epic locations then we will not merge, we want to be a top 10 guild,we want to form our own block,we want to have a slice of freedom like all you other guilds.

and like i said,merging will create more problems the solutions,i want to look at the ranks page and see balance not one sidedness.

to the small guilds of gamma reading this: SHOW ME SOME SUPPORT AND FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT FOR FREEDOM AND SAFETY.
do not quit cos you got farmed,fight them back. work with me small guys.

doing my part to rustle the jimmies of the OG community since 2009.
Malchiah
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: G-DS
N-Legio/BOB/SLS

Postby Malchiah » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 11:15

MC. wrote:its not that we dont want to merge,its we refuse to give into the way AE works,i had a goal 3 years ago,i never reached it,just b/c i fell on my bum trying to fullfill my goal dont mean i cant get back up.

as long as SO has its JGs and epic locations then we will not merge, we want to be a top 10 guild,we want to form our own block,we want to have a slice of freedom like all you other guilds.

I completely understand the sentiment, but this is exactly what I was referring to. To expand your guild, the players have to come from somewhere. The only real source for new guild members at this point is other guilds. If you refuse to do this and the other small guilds refuse to do this, then I just don't see much chance for growth.

You can certainly try to be in the top 10 with only 24 members, but it will take soo much more work and way too much vigilance on everyone's part. And while you may be willing to invest that kind of time, there's no telling whether the other 23 members will, even if they might seem willing at first.

I understand this is frustrating, but hopefully you can find a solution to this through a combination of increased activity and a slight bend in your willingness to either merge or convince others to merge into you.

MC.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby MC. » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 11:51

this is why i made the topic so we can find a solution as a server.

we are a communty of real people,people with real thoughts and views,if we keep posting and get other people to post them im sure we can find the solution without the need to make the server oneside,one sided in the sense that the only guilds that can grow are the top 10 guilds due to there abilty to blob.

i am willing to put in time and effort and support the small guilds,if small guilds want to merge with us then feel free,you merging will benifit yourselfs as well as the server in some sense. but if i get an extra 50-100 members how will i keep them safe,we cant blob,all it takes is a levi stacker to ruin our guild in 5 mins,then what,we rebuild for it to happen again?

my point is without the large guilds standing up and doing there part to help small guilds then we have no hope. we need a CF more then poke,we have been farmed for years and will still continue to be farmed untill a savoiur stands up and works with me on this, in all the top guilds and top players there has to be someone or someones with enough get up and go to stand up and say ''enough is enough''

if i was GM of a guild that just won the server,you know what i would do?i would try and get every guild to agree to a server CF for 3-6 months,i would form smaller guilds and get them GMs to recruit new players into them guilds,after the 6 months the CF is over and the wars begin again,but this time the small guilds have made new freinds,built up nice mobiles and empires and more guilds will populate gamma.

i know the statement above is very alpha and no one wants to see another alpha but come on,is 6 months much to ask for? are you players really that selfish that your empire is more importent then a server as a whole?

gamma needs a real hero with good intentions for the server to survive where others have failed.

so what is it? beat on the small guys and stagnate the server,or do we come together as a community and do something about it?

i like being a underdog,i like the idea of being a small guy and fighting off the big guns but it gets old and frustrating.

i left SO to join poke thinking i could make my guild better. i left poke to return to SO cos i was on the verge of a charecter change and needed to remember what i was fighting for.

work with me gamma,we can and will find a solution,i will not give up untill i am satisfied that small guilds can have the same level of freedom and saftey as you top guilds.we may not have made it to the top ten but we fueled your empires so you could make it to the top 10,now im asking for you to help us build our empires.

i will be going to the feedback part of the forum to appeal to the devs to encorage population,there last attempt was to soon. if anyone of you care for gamma then you will support me in my efforts.

LONG LIVE THE GAMMAVERSE...LONG LIVE SPARTAN OMEGA.

Franken Stien
Guild: Spud/PUB

Postby Franken Stien » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 12:36

The best idea for a small guild is to chat it up with a big guild and maybe they can work something out. Maybe they can get a MDP or NAP between one of the big guilds or if by stroke of a miracle all of them. :think:

Oh well good luck to all you small guilds.

(\,,/)
(^_^) I hit your fleet, Awesome; you crying about it, Hilarious; pissing off one player at a time, Priceless.
c(")(")
MC.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby MC. » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 12:56

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=107537

im going to see what the staff can do about the problem,if gamma works together on this then we can convince them to do another promotion if its in there best interests.

like i said gamma,work with me on this and support your server,our efforts if you choose to beleive in me will be rewarded,we have the power to make change,only you can make the choice for change.

Mandril
Guild: (-!-)
Galaxy: Gamma

Postby Mandril » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 15:41

gamma isnt alpha, simple as that,

about Malchiah adds to the thread, is all good, but you need to remember when WAR have the chance to stand alone and try to do the best for that, they fail and fail epic..

now, probably is the D hour for N, since we are alliesless in someway and we need to break our asses to survive, lots of work coming and rebuilding 630 levis will be *beep* hard..

probably PUB will go alone soon too, hope DS and RIDDLE cut ties too, so Saru can do base 24 hahaha

Sandcastle Smasher wrote:Not to mention Mandril is ma bubu ^^
MC.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby MC. » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 16:08

Mandril wrote:gamma isnt alpha, simple as that,

about Malchiah adds to the thread, is all good, but you need to remember when WAR have the chance to stand alone and try to do the best for that, they fail and fail epic..

now, probably is the D hour for N, since we are alliesless in someway and we need to break our asses to survive, lots of work coming and rebuilding 630 levis will be *beep* hard..

probably PUB will go alone soon too, hope DS and RIDDLE cut ties too, so Saru can do base 24 hahaha

i said no talk about the SW,this is about us small guilds,you lot made the mess now its up to you large guilds to prevent repeat failures on other servers,this is about small guilds.

i always lol at this statement

Mandril wrote:gamma isnt alpha, simple as that

i agree,gamma is not alpha,look at failed servers,each of them said the exact same thing as you and look how populated and blossuming them servers are now,no there not,there failed servers for a reason and this thread is to prevent them failings from happening again. just cos i have a alpha guild next to my name dont mean i want gamma to be alpha,alpha has succeeded where most servers have failed or are going to fail.

the mission is to make gamma our own alpha,not in the sense that it should be the same as it cant work,im saying we should take inspiration from alpha to show other servers that all hope is not lost,that a community of people can come together to make change,alpha has its way of playing and it works for alpha,we need to find a way to make gamma work and stand high and proud and say ''yes! we came together as a server for the good of the server''

as long as small guilds and weak players are farmed then gamma will fall deeper and deeper into failure. by hitting a small player you are preventing his growth,you expect them to join a large guild for protection or farm them,so what happens when every small guild merges into a large guild? there will be 10 guilds on the sever all fighting each other and the second a small guild forms they will be met by hungry mobs who will farm them cos there are no targets and every other guild is blobbed up,then everything repeats,large guilds try to outproduce each other and blobb crash them and we are back to square one.

do you want your server to be known as another failed server? or do you want to set a example that gamma is the server that prevented itself from dieing?

cactuschewer
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: USSV

Postby cactuschewer » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 16:09

MC. wrote:http://forum.astroempires.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=107537

im going to see what the staff can do about the problem,if gamma works together on this then we can convince them to do another promotion if its in there best interests.

like i said gamma,work with me on this and support your server,our efforts if you choose to beleive in me will be rewarded,we have the power to make change,only you can make the choice for change.

I was avoiding this thread since it looked like a bunch of "let's save the server" noobs from terrible guilds circlejerking, but you've actually gone and tried to appeal to AE staff to fix this "problem"? Just how naive are you? It's already obvious you know barely anything about the game yet you're out here trying to get other people to fix a problem for you since you decided that you would bail out of a guild that had a chance on the server? Don't come here and complain about noob guilds getting farmed, weak players getting weeded out and top guilds remaining top guilds, since it all happens for a reason. If you want a happy "lets all be friends and help people grow" server go play Alpha and only Alpha, don't try and change *beep* so it suits you and your sub 40mil fleet guild better, that's not how AE works. You said yourself that if you had the time and committed players you would give it a shot to become top, but guess what? You don't, so you are not top, whereas the players that became top were those who could be more committed, who had worked towards being top and didn't sit on the sidelines without making any impact. Guilds like yours are weak and don't have good players, and it's up to them to be good and get stronger. You're not going to improve anything by begging DS to make the server a fairer place, or by asking the admins to get more people here, instead you should just get better yourselves, like every other guild did. It's quite frankly insulting to top guilds when a terrible guild that could be killed by a single player complains, 3 years into a server, that they want things to be different and to have a chance at succeeding when they missed their chance. If you were here since the beginning of the server you had an equal chance with everyone else to becoming something noteworthy, something that had an impact, yet you didn't and you're here trying to change things. Sorry to ruin your hopes of changing the server, but it's too late unless you merge into a bigger guild or get stronger.
Things are the way they are for a reason, strong players are strong for a reason, weak guilds are weak for a reason and nothing you, of all people, say will change that. Do something about it ingame instead of trying to be some hero.

Ex: -Min-/FAIL/S3D/MODS/RAVE/(-o-)/5150/GOON/PEACE/WL
Cloak wrote:you are full of win cactus
TheSpunkyOne wrote:Cactus thought process when posting on the forums
Mmm--->Womens---->Boobs----->Beer----->Derbs------>Posted
AJam
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby AJam » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 22:32

Lets just get a few things out there. Firstly just because someone voices an opinion saying something won't work doesn't mean there needs to be a page arguing about that persons morals. They have the right to voice their opinion and form a reasonable counter to your own just like you have the right to post yours to begin with. Secondly this thread has been cleaned to get that off topic rubbish out of it to let it get back on track, not because someone seems to be under the illusion they can order me to do it.

Keep it on topic and keep it nice or the yellows will come thick and fast. Like a stale Lemon Jam that's been in your great great granny cupboard for 150 years.

Malchiah
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: G-DS
N-Legio/BOB/SLS

Postby Malchiah » Mon 16 Apr, 2012 22:57

MC. wrote:i am willing to put in time and effort and support the small guilds,if small guilds want to merge with us then feel free,you merging will benifit yourselfs as well as the server in some sense. but if i get an extra 50-100 members how will i keep them safe,we cant blob,all it takes is a levi stacker to ruin our guild in 5 mins,then what,we rebuild for it to happen again

Mandril wrote:remember when WAR have the chance to stand alone and try to do the best for that, they fail and fail epic..

MC, I added Mandril's quote because it is very important here. Before joining DS, I was in WAR, which started as a very small guild based in just 1-2 galaxies and constantly attacked by SIM. WAR fought back aggressively and eventually earned the right to stand with SIM as allies and enjoyed a solid place in the top 10. (Once even briefly hitting top 5.)

But as Mandril pointed out, WAR was not "safe" just because were a top guild. In fact, every time we blobbed, we were attacked and it was actually safer for us NOT to blob. By the time we reorganized ourselves to trim the dead weight and re-work how we launch as a guild, it was too late. We had already lost too much and couldn't recover.

What might have helped WAR, and what would certainly help SO is to ensure that your players have good fleet compositions. Get rid of rainbow fleets and make sure you have a few people who specialize in each of the various fleet comps. Right now, a lot of the levi stackers are rebuilding and they take a loooong time to build. ;)

The Hoff
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: RAVE
(-o-)
WL
lol50
{SS}

Postby The Hoff » Tue 17 Apr, 2012 05:43

won't happen MC. I tried making gamma healthy a long time ago, even tried involving GM's of lesser guilds to build a competitive balanced server. people like zerging to feel safe rather than having actual competition.

Sandcastle Smasher
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L: [USSV]
O: [DNA]

Postby Sandcastle Smasher » Tue 17 Apr, 2012 12:31

Franken Stien wrote:The best idea for a small guild is to chat it up with a big guild and maybe they can work something out. Maybe they can get a MDP or NAP between one of the big guilds or if by stroke of a miracle all of them. :think:
Oh well good luck to all you small guilds.

^That.

Small guilds can never survive on their own. Well no, they can, but they cant be the traditional meaning of successful while doing so. While i hold firm that NOM was THE GREATEST GUILD IN AE HISTORY!!!! we couldnt have done anything we did without the support and backing of Poke.
Without a big guild to be friends with, the chances of playing with the big boys is slim and most the time you will just be keeping your bases unocced and your fleets alive until someone in one of those bigger guilds gets hungry and sees you.

That being said, dispite some of my ....... darker tactics im kinda knowledgable on the small guild survival thing. I did it on epsi and even 2years+ since i quit that my old guild is still around and fighting.
If anyone wants some tips or advise for running a small guild, throw me a pm and ill help out as i can.
Either here, or ingame (NOMy).

Sammael wrote:I wish I were allowed to just straight up ban people for no reason
Typhus wrote:So braver is moe?
BaNeth wrote:You silly vacation seldon ;)
TheVoice wrote:In Communist Lyra, Seldon blame you
Trooper Jaxxz
Suspended User
Suspended User
Guild: War Legendz
Galaxy: Epsilon

Postby Trooper Jaxxz » Tue 17 Apr, 2012 12:55

PRO TIP : If u follow NOM u will die miserably.

Rekronoa wrote:Will someone please give Trooper his third yellow so he'll stop spamming stupid *beep* all over the forum?

PokeNOM = Gamma's farm guild.
Mandril
Guild: (-!-)
Galaxy: Gamma

Postby Mandril » Tue 17 Apr, 2012 14:24

Trooper Jaxxz wrote:PRO TIP : If u follow NOM u will die miserably.

all cool with your activity on the borumz..

but who are you? if you arent playing gamma anymore, is because you fail, butthurt and decide to quit after you get your *beep* raped.. right?

Sandcastle Smasher wrote:Not to mention Mandril is ma bubu ^^
Trooper Jaxxz
Suspended User
Suspended User
Guild: War Legendz
Galaxy: Epsilon

Postby Trooper Jaxxz » Wed 18 Apr, 2012 03:51

Mandril wrote:
Trooper Jaxxz wrote:PRO TIP : If u follow NOM u will die miserably.

all cool with your activity on the borumz..

but who are you? if you arent playing gamma anymore, is because you fail, butthurt and decide to quit after you get your *beep* raped.. right?

Guess who's crying to their mommies after getting their spaceboats crushed? epic bunch of pokenoobs quitting like cowards.

To all the small guilds out there, dont align yourselves with pokenoobs you will only regret it. You're much better by being neutral, guilds like [-SI-] [¤N¤] and [STEEL] die coz they are being used as pokenoob cannon fodder. DONT FALL FOR THE TRAP.

Rekronoa wrote:Will someone please give Trooper his third yellow so he'll stop spamming stupid *beep* all over the forum?

PokeNOM = Gamma's farm guild.

Return to “Gamma”