dear leaders and GMs of gamma

User avatar
Rekronoa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 2147
Joined: Thu 28 Jan, 2010 18:13
Reputation: 22
Guild: See sig.
Galaxy: Fenix
Location: Comptown

Re: dear leaders and GMs of gamma

Postby Rekronoa » Sat 21 Apr, 2012 11:45

I know this may be hard to realize, but if you merge your guild into another one, you will still have all your good JGs and locations that you had before. Plus any that they already have.

I am Rekronoa
---- A: [A14] ---- F: [SL] ---- G: [-GTF-] ---- H: [WHY!] ----
User avatar
MC.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1977
Joined: Thu 16 Apr, 2009 00:03
Reputation: 25
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: dear leaders and GMs of gamma

Postby MC. » Sat 21 Apr, 2012 13:19

Rekronoa wrote:I know this may be hard to realize, but if you merge your guild into another one, you will still have all your good JGs and locations that you had before. Plus any that they already have.

nothing to rearlize that hasnt already been rarelized already. us merging into a large guild would mean we lose our tag and what it stands for and our not so active members will get kicked and farmed, and most of all we would be giving up and im not down for giving up to be honest, the only time i gave up and merged was when i made SO in F68,we rocked that galaxy like no tommorow untill WoG invaded.

we will stand tall and strong and do our very best to succeed where we previously failed,i have faith in SO and its leaders and thats all that matters.

thankyou everyone for your advice and statements,i still consider this topic open for all other small guilds that need help,my message box is open.

Image
doing my part to rustle the jimmies of the OG community since 2009.
User avatar
Kraton
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu 10 Sep, 2009 17:37
Reputation: 9
Guild: DS, LOVE

Re: dear leaders and GMs of gamma

Postby Kraton » Sat 21 Apr, 2012 13:47

The ego of a GM is the greatest threat to their guild. If you refuse to accept when you cant do it alone you will drive your guild into the ground
Last edited by Kraton on Sat 21 Apr, 2012 14:43, edited 1 time in total.

Hasta La Victoria Siempre
User avatar
kirby
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 407
Joined: Sun 22 Mar, 2009 16:06
Reputation: 12

Re: dear leaders and GMs of gamma

Postby kirby » Sat 21 Apr, 2012 14:35

I'll show you a big ego :paranoid:

User avatar
MC.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1977
Joined: Thu 16 Apr, 2009 00:03
Reputation: 25
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: dear leaders and GMs of gamma

Postby MC. » Sat 21 Apr, 2012 15:36

Kraton wrote:The ego of a GM is the greatest threat to their guild. If you refuse to accept when you cant do it alone you will drive your guild into the ground

i totaly agree kraton, but who says we cant do it alone? i think we can grow,it may be harder without help but i think we can do it,everyone said some good advice and i have seen what needs to be done to go lone wolf. if we fail then shame on us.

Image
doing my part to rustle the jimmies of the OG community since 2009.
User avatar
Rekronoa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 2147
Joined: Thu 28 Jan, 2010 18:13
Reputation: 22
Guild: See sig.
Galaxy: Fenix
Location: Comptown

Re: dear leaders and GMs of gamma

Postby Rekronoa » Sat 21 Apr, 2012 21:26

MC. wrote:
Rekronoa wrote:I know this may be hard to realize, but if you merge your guild into another one, you will still have all your good JGs and locations that you had before. Plus any that they already have.

nothing to rearlize that hasnt already been rarelized already. us merging into a large guild would mean we lose our tag and what it stands for and our not so active members will get kicked and farmed, and most of all we would be giving up and im not down for giving up to be honest, the only time i gave up and merged was when i made SO in F68,we rocked that galaxy like no tommorow untill WoG invaded.

we will stand tall and strong and do our very best to succeed where we previously failed,i have faith in SO and its leaders and thats all that matters.

thankyou everyone for your advice and statements,i still consider this topic open for all other small guilds that need help,my message box is open.

EAA ruled 68 in Fenix until Kahn went IA and they broke up. I never remember seeing SO.

I am Rekronoa
---- A: [A14] ---- F: [SL] ---- G: [-GTF-] ---- H: [WHY!] ----
User avatar
MC.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1977
Joined: Thu 16 Apr, 2009 00:03
Reputation: 25
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: dear leaders and GMs of gamma

Postby MC. » Sun 22 Apr, 2012 08:52

Rekronoa wrote:
MC. wrote:
Rekronoa wrote:I know this may be hard to realize, but if you merge your guild into another one, you will still have all your good JGs and locations that you had before. Plus any that they already have.

nothing to rearlize that hasnt already been rarelized already. us merging into a large guild would mean we lose our tag and what it stands for and our not so active members will get kicked and farmed, and most of all we would be giving up and im not down for giving up to be honest, the only time i gave up and merged was when i made SO in F68,we rocked that galaxy like no tommorow untill WoG invaded.

we will stand tall and strong and do our very best to succeed where we previously failed,i have faith in SO and its leaders and thats all that matters.

thankyou everyone for your advice and statements,i still consider this topic open for all other small guilds that need help,my message box is open.

EAA ruled 68 in Fenix until Kahn went IA and they broke up. I never remember seeing SO.

yes EAA did rule F68,but who owned it before EAA landed? who shot EK as he landed? who controled the north of F68 2 months before EAA arrived? SO thats who,we managed to lock down the north of 68 and actually made a guild 5 times bigger then us scared of entering north F68,we grew and grew but we was strict on membership and that is what let us down in the end,we had a guild of core players that everyone wanted to kill,no one wanted to be allies with us,in the end the other guilds around us grew faster and we couldnt keep up,then WoG invaded and wiped every guild out,that was years ago when the 60s first opened up,now look at fenix :(

Image
doing my part to rustle the jimmies of the OG community since 2009.
User avatar
Malchiah
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 345
Joined: Fri 04 Sep, 2009 12:30
Reputation: 9
Guild: G-DS
N-Legio/BOB/SLS

Re: dear leaders and GMs of gamma

Postby Malchiah » Sun 22 Apr, 2012 09:30

MC. wrote:
Kraton wrote:The ego of a GM is the greatest threat to their guild. If you refuse to accept when you cant do it alone you will drive your guild into the ground

i totaly agree kraton, but who says we cant do it alone? i think we can grow,it may be harder without help but i think we can do it,everyone said some good advice and i have seen what needs to be done to go lone wolf. if we fail then shame on us.

Well, more power to you. I hope this invigorates you and inspires your members to be more active. :)

However, I just don't see how SO will suddenly succeed nearly 3 years into the server. If you plan to do this with just the members you have, there's obviously a limit to your growth. Otherwise, with a lack of new players joining the server, new members will obviously have to come from somewhere. Perhaps you can convince another small guild to join you along the way. It's worth a shot.

kiwifruit
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu 05 Nov, 2009 04:14
Reputation: 1

Re: dear leaders and GMs of gamma

Postby kiwifruit » Mon 23 Apr, 2012 05:31

MC, when I started reading your thread, I had sympathy for your cause, and hoped you would take some of the advice that you were seeking. But the more I read, the more it becomes obvious that you have no intention of heading the advice of your fellows, and seek only to bemoan those who have played the dynamics of this game (on this server) to it's current conclusion.

As as already been said, Farm guilds will always be farms. Farm guilds are also usually farmed by their neighbours. The solution to your dilemma is merge (clearly off the table) or use some diplomacy. Your first stop should be those guilds who are using you for lunch. But don't expect a DNH or MDP just cause another guild feels sorry for you. And don't expect other guilds to help you out without something in return. AE is NOT a welfare state - it is a war game. The sooner you realize this, and start building some ties (with mutual benefits) the better off your guild will be, and the stronger it will become. Success breeds success - losers get eaten

I'm Hungry.....Let's get a Taco
User avatar
MC.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1977
Joined: Thu 16 Apr, 2009 00:03
Reputation: 25
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: dear leaders and GMs of gamma

Postby MC. » Mon 23 Apr, 2012 08:05

kiwifruit wrote:MC, when I started reading your thread, I had sympathy for your cause, and hoped you would take some of the advice that you were seeking. But the more I read, the more it becomes obvious that you have no intention of heading the advice of your fellows, and seek only to bemoan those who have played the dynamics of this game (on this server) to it's current conclusion.

As as already been said, Farm guilds will always be farms. Farm guilds are also usually farmed by their neighbours. The solution to your dilemma is merge (clearly off the table) or use some diplomacy. Your first stop should be those guilds who are using you for lunch. But don't expect a DNH or MDP just cause another guild feels sorry for you. And don't expect other guilds to help you out without something in return. AE is NOT a welfare state - it is a war game. The sooner you realize this, and start building some ties (with mutual benefits) the better off your guild will be, and the stronger it will become. Success breeds success - losers get eaten

when asking for help i dont expect full benifits with no return so i dont see AE as a welfare state but i understand why a welfare state is in place in the USA, not going to go into that though,it will send it off topic.

like i said,everyone said there views and i have seen what others would do, no one wants to help a small guild unless they get more out of it then us,i dont fully agree thats how it should work but thats just how it is. SO is here and here to stay, we are e-spartans and dammed proud of it.

Image
doing my part to rustle the jimmies of the OG community since 2009.
User avatar
Rekronoa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 2147
Joined: Thu 28 Jan, 2010 18:13
Reputation: 22
Guild: See sig.
Galaxy: Fenix
Location: Comptown

Re: dear leaders and GMs of gamma

Postby Rekronoa » Mon 23 Apr, 2012 08:18

Your pride isn't going to get you anywhere.

What guild has been eating off of you? Find out who their enemy is, and start scouting them out. Get some good JGs in their regions, find juicy targets, and start working with the guild that's caused you the most grief. If you start to form a relationship with them, and keep supplying them with food, they will leave you alone, and in return help you by derbing anyone that comes after your guild.

I am Rekronoa
---- A: [A14] ---- F: [SL] ---- G: [-GTF-] ---- H: [WHY!] ----
User avatar
Malchiah
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 345
Joined: Fri 04 Sep, 2009 12:30
Reputation: 9
Guild: G-DS
N-Legio/BOB/SLS

Re: dear leaders and GMs of gamma

Postby Malchiah » Wed 25 Apr, 2012 00:01

kiwifruit wrote:MC, when I started reading your thread, I had sympathy for your cause, and hoped you would take some of the advice that you were seeking. But the more I read, the more it becomes obvious that you have no intention of heading the advice of your fellows, and seek only to bemoan those who have played the dynamics of this game (on this server) to it's current conclusion.

MC. wrote:like i said,everyone said there views and i have seen what others would do, no one wants to help a small guild unless they get more out of it then us.

Kiwifruit is right. It is no coincidence that EVERYONE here has told you the same thing. The idea that NOM, Poke, DS, PUB and other players would agree on this must tell you something.

Regarding "no one wants to help a small guild" that's simply not true. Most of the larger guilds have small guilds they work with regularly, but it just so happens SO isn't one of them. It's up to you to change that.

User avatar
fendelius
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 3032
Joined: Mon 28 Sep, 2009 23:16
Reputation: 59

Re: dear leaders and GMs of gamma

Postby fendelius » Wed 25 Apr, 2012 05:27

i tink his question was hypothetical. so far he hasnt even mentioned what guld he is representing in gamma and as a resident of the farm guild of the remade Shield in delta i can tell u hes not my teammate there, so i dunno if he even is a Shield player, my guess is he is a Borg player from alpha that got bombed to death when Borg rearranged istelf into its four complimentary factions none of which is supposed to farm each other but which is instead pounding each other to death

i can tell u our little shield guild in delta is not begging for hand outs there, we just play or sim or barely play or barely sim depending on the case. i made my account in delta just to spite baneth cause he was rude to me in lyra so i went and made my low level delta jg account right in his galaxy stronghold in delta to show him i iz a playa, but then i didnt play it ha ha. and i was in eaa in fenix too u know and kahn went inactive back then if u recall cause he was in and out of the hospital and rose had just been pregnant and he fell on really hard times and couldnt even upgrade himself and had to ask us to upgrade him and even then Khan never asked for handouts.

so this game is wat u make it. if ur in a little guild u have to work ur way up a bit at a time. if u try to advance to the show time too fast ull get outclassed or blown to smithereens. so everyting u get i this game u have to earn it in the time frame expected. Not too fast and not to slow and then u may still have bad luck and get squashed. whose to say what will happen? thats why they call it a game

The wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears....ha ha
User avatar
MC.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1977
Joined: Thu 16 Apr, 2009 00:03
Reputation: 25
Galaxy: Alpha

Re: dear leaders and GMs of gamma

Postby MC. » Wed 25 Apr, 2012 07:59

fendelius wrote:i tink his question was hypothetical. so far he hasnt even mentioned what guld he is representing in gamma and as a resident of the farm guild of the remade Shield in delta i can tell u hes not my teammate there, so i dunno if he even is a Shield player, my guess is he is a Borg player from alpha that got bombed to death when Borg rearranged istelf into its four complimentary factions none of which is supposed to farm each other but which is instead pounding each other to death

i can tell u our little shield guild in delta is not begging for hand outs there, we just play or sim or barely play or barely sim depending on the case. i made my account in delta just to spite baneth cause he was rude to me in lyra so i went and made my low level delta jg account right in his galaxy stronghold in delta to show him i iz a playa, but then i didnt play it ha ha. and i was in eaa in fenix too u know and kahn went inactive back then if u recall cause he was in and out of the hospital and rose had just been pregnant and he fell on really hard times and couldnt even upgrade himself and had to ask us to upgrade him and even then Khan never asked for handouts.

so this game is wat u make it. if ur in a little guild u have to work ur way up a bit at a time. if u try to advance to the show time too fast ull get outclassed or blown to smithereens. so everyting u get i this game u have to earn it in the time frame expected. Not too fast and not to slow and then u may still have bad luck and get squashed. whose to say what will happen? thats why they call it a game
yes im GM of SHLD on delta,the reason i dont say these things on delta is cos i never get hit...EVER!!!,i sim tech JGs and CC bases on delta and have done for the last 3 years,i dont want to build fleet yet on delta,i have a 5 year plan,im going to sim 100-200 mill tech and at 3000 tech cap and rising,il be there in a year or 2.



so let me get this right, are you in SHLD delta?

Image
doing my part to rustle the jimmies of the OG community since 2009.
User avatar
Sandcastle Smasher
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Posts: 5237
Joined: Fri 20 Mar, 2009 00:23
Reputation: 179
Guild: L: [USSV]
O: [DNA]
Location: Bulgaria

Re: dear leaders and GMs of gamma

Postby Sandcastle Smasher » Wed 25 Apr, 2012 10:58

Erm, it shouldnt take 5years to get a 3k tech cap.

I had 4.6k (combined) in about 3 years on fenix......

Sammael wrote:I wish I were allowed to just straight up ban people for no reason
Typhus wrote:So braver is moe?
BaNeth wrote:You silly vacation seldon ;)
TheVoice wrote:In Communist Lyra, Seldon blame you

Return to “Gamma”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests