Some kind of alpha or kappa solution for Gamma?

korndmc
Guild: Gamma - FEAR
Ixion - $$$

Re: Some kind of alpha or kappa solution for Gamma?

Postby korndmc » Tue 14 May, 2013 03:55

Well I for one want to quit because the (*beep*) board is gone :shifty:

but seriously, I remember a day when I was able to scour a few galaxies outside of the "strongholds" where the blob would be located and kill a few million fleet here and there. That kept me busy until it was time for a blob crash because a guild finally got enough activity and the balls to launch on someone..... if I remember correctly that was back when the wormholes cause damage? Idk I was pretty new back then and learning the game mechanics, but that kept my attention and kept me active while I was waiting. Now its just waiting waiting waiting and I find better things to do like try to bang my girlfriend. Idk maybe the wormholes are part of the problem? Maybe farming the FUDGE out of newbies is part of the problem? Maybe the server is too unequal? Maybe its all of the above?

There have been a few good ideas passed along about tournaments and smaller guild sizes ( which was 50 i think but should be more like 25 or 30 ). We should keep a tally of the ideas and have a poll in a week or two after some good ideas are thrown up. We should make sure the majority of the top 4 get to vote on it....

This is blue
Last edited by Janovick on Tue 14 May, 2013 04:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing bad word

D@mn it feels good to be a banker.
SmokeytheBear
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Many

Postby SmokeytheBear » Tue 14 May, 2013 04:23

VORTEX_ wrote:Okay I am just going to be blunt here and straight to the point. Mixing up and dividing the good players into different guilds to save the server is a bad and crazy idea that will never work. If its not fun for you anymore, then don't force yourselves and others..just quit.

The only reasonable solution to this stagnation that I can possibly think of is to inject new players into the server. Advertise to the other servers and other guilds, say to them "hey guys, establish your guilds here in Gamma and you will have the absolute assurance that none of your players will be attacked (by DS/Pub/Steel/Riddle) for 12 months (or more)".

In the short and medium term we wont see any concrete results (other than the server numbers cropping up) but in the long term this will reap benefits, this will invigorate the server better than any of your crazy ideas.

This is the first rational idea, let alone statement, I have ever heard from you on the borums. +1

korndmc wrote:Well I for one want to quit because the T*ts board is gone :shifty:

^this, this, this, this, this.

We should keep a tally of the ideas and have a poll in a week or two after some good ideas are thrown up. We should make sure the majority of the top 4 get to vote on it....

disagree, if something isn't done asap in any type of server talks it will never be done. We're all procrastinators at heart, that's why we play this game. That and the t*ts :paranoid:

AgressiveTurtle wrote:Ginger>Jew>Smokey The Bear

Best wrote:Dude Smokey, you're like chuck norris or something.
Definitely Maybe

Postby Definitely Maybe » Tue 14 May, 2013 04:48

kirby wrote:Really want to mix things up , each GM of each PUB/DS/STEEL/RIDDLE make a new guild (Guild 1,2,3,4) , You can change names after >.>, then we go at each guild (PUB/DS/STEEL/RIDDLE) start at the top and count 1,2,3,4 those players then go to corresponding guild (also we can change the start number for each guild that way the highest player in each guild doesn't go to 1, so start one off as 2,3,4,1 then the next at 3,4,1,2 then the last at 4,1,2,3) , This way we end up with even guilds and allows players to get to know other players. We could of course make 5/6 or more guilds if the 4 leaders want to have smaller guilds. And of course none of these guilds can be pacted they take turns at fighting one another like a tournament style <.< (Guilds will match up in wars that last 1-2 months whoever kills most fleet is the victor whatever guild at the end of the year has most victories is the winner for the year. Would be something new to ae and bring a nice spin to the game .

This sounds a lot like what I posted in Helion's LOVE, after the farms couldn't come up with anything good. :paranoid:

crazymatty

Postby crazymatty » Tue 14 May, 2013 22:03

Sorry to see Riddle fade away like it has. I knew it would happen if we lost the crash. Heck people were talking about leaving even if we won. So many e-friends gone.

Is there ANY way Admin's would consider merging two servers? Imagine if Fenix or Helion merged with Gamma. It would have to be a new galaxy altogether...but somehow your bases would still be generally the same distance away from each other and your guildmates. But all of a sudden twice as many people.

I bet it would make them more money...all of a sudden more people buying upgrades to start up their scanners again. :)

kirby
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby kirby » Tue 14 May, 2013 22:32

Merging servers will never happen, alot of the core players on each server play another server , so then after years of work a player would be what forced to pick which account they want to keep, not to mention say if both accounts are currently upgraded then the player would also be out money. Theres to many issues that would arise to take such a high risk. Merging servers and restarting servers are both ideas people keep bringing up that wouldn't be feasible to do at all.

Mandril
Guild: (-!-)
Galaxy: Gamma

Postby Mandril » Wed 15 May, 2013 04:17

The idea of Vortex is the best, lets try todo inject 500-700 new players

Sandcastle Smasher wrote:Not to mention Mandril is ma bubu ^^
Ralphy Wiggum
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: DDoS

Postby Ralphy Wiggum » Wed 15 May, 2013 07:35

95% of people play to win, not to sim till slaughter. Ya'll will get 700 new players, hell 200 new players the same day i win the lottery and kate upton does unspeakable things with me and a phone book. Oh and kruton the idea that DS hasn't won the server is utter nonsense. The only real fleet anyone (outside of DS) has left were the same simbags that were either too inactive or too cowardly to launch. I really thought Saru had some piddle admin magic lined up. Unfortunately I was mistaken and it was a joke of a crash. DS won, enjoy it and fapping to your stats. Dead server is dead

hottie_parms wrote:NOMy's intel must be wrong. He doesn't seem to understand my pure and utter hatred for Ralphy and his little guild in the 50s.
Gorfmid
Guild: DS & Fat

Postby Gorfmid » Wed 15 May, 2013 15:06

Ralphy Wiggum wrote:95% of people play to win, not to sim till slaughter. Ya'll will get 700 new players, hell 200 new players the same day i win the lottery and kate upton does unspeakable things with me and a phone book. Oh and kruton the idea that DS hasn't won the server is utter nonsense. The only real fleet anyone (outside of DS) has left were the same simbags that were either too inactive or too cowardly to launch. I really thought Saru had some piddle admin magic lined up. Unfortunately I was mistaken and it was a joke of a crash. DS won, enjoy it and fapping to your stats. Dead server is dead

You and Kate haven't hooked up yet? shame. She is such a nice lady.

I agree with some of the stuff posted here, however, it is entirely unrealistic to make a massive game altering adjustment in the middle of the game. Essentially changing the rules. I could see a server wide agreement about new players, however, merging servers, altering the landscape of the server by moving players around, etc. will not work. I personally would never agree to this.

RedDwarfForum

Postby RedDwarfForum » Wed 15 May, 2013 21:16

How about they open Galaxies 60 through 99 for new accounts only, and have everything go there at 10 * speed lvl 0 to 30, 5 * speed for lvl 31 to 60 and double for lvl 60 to 90. So building/constructing/researching/income all at increased speed (just keep movement the same).

Block movement between galaxies 00-59 and 60-99 for the first 2 months, and then open it up.

That should give new players a chance to build a competitive account within reasonable time, and the rest of us will only have to wait 2 months before we get some new competition.

By blocking movement for the first 6 months that would hopefully also force the new players in the new galaxies to create their own guilds, and not join existing guilds.

And who knows, if enough good players from other servers that are not currently in Gamma, together with completely new players, create strong guilds in the new galaxies, the existing guilds may even have to team up to counter the threat that is unleashed at us after the two months..?

Not that I don't like fighting Riddle/PUB/STEEL, but I would love to get some new competition in here 8-)

Mimiga King

Postby Mimiga King » Wed 15 May, 2013 22:22

Seeing how it took them over 5 years to get speed servers out and that you actually have to pay for it... No chances of that ever happening I'm afraid

Mandril
Guild: (-!-)

Postby Mandril » Thu 16 May, 2013 14:33

Like Mimiga said, is not possible your idea RedDwarf.. and if it happens, 3 months will be good for those new players

But we can do this:

* Recruiment in other server and some friends that left this server.. "hey make your guild in gamma, this guilds will not touch you for 18 months". So STEEL, RIDDLE, DS, PUB, GTF, WEB, SO.. will NOT attack any of this new guilds for 18 months, enough time for them to get a decent account to start fighting. The more viable areas will be the 10s, 20s and 50s..

* NO perm occ btw DS/STEEL/RIDDLE/PUB/WEB/SO/GTF, so no more quitters for that reason, just attack, collect and 1 fts

So if something more to add, please post or just send me a PM ingame saying.. is OK, lets start and we get the agreement in FORUM for the new players

Sandcastle Smasher wrote:Not to mention Mandril is ma bubu ^^
Mimiga King

Postby Mimiga King » Thu 16 May, 2013 15:33

This plan by itself could theoretically work but we'll always have the issue of people either not following orders or "forgetting". But it could be managed.

The problem would be to recruit people in the server, how would you propose to do such a thing? I doubt we could get a big enough influx of players to changes things. Not counting the amount of people that will leave during that 18 months of DNH.

We could also possibly add a rule that attacks for very minor profit (not worth the prod time or usually less than 120% should be prohibited) As an example, I'll take 2 hits I saw yesterday. DS attacked a PUB base for 237,510 Vs 64,600 profit. Having 198,975 derbs generated and 30,798 in pillage = 229,773 credits and 5 trades on average for 20k so Total = 249,773 giving a 13k profit is usually not worth it, especially with the armor level of this server. This is just a 5% profit!

Even me who's queues are completely dry at the moment wouldn't do such a hit!

Please comment!

[EDIT] Of course, I mean "bases hits" fleet should be hit regardless.

fendelius
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby fendelius » Sat 18 May, 2013 02:10

Ralphy Wiggum wrote:95% of people play to win, not to sim till slaughter. Ya'll will get 700 new players, hell 200 new players the same day i win the lottery and kate upton does unspeakable things with me and a phone book. Oh and kruton the idea that DS hasn't won the server is utter nonsense. The only real fleet anyone (outside of DS) has left were the same simbags that were either too inactive or too cowardly to launch. I really thought Saru had some piddle admin magic lined up. Unfortunately I was mistaken and it was a joke of a crash. DS won, enjoy it and fapping to your stats. Dead server is dead

I missed Kate's phone book trick.. does she use the speed dial alot in it?

The wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears....ha ha
Ralphy Wiggum
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: DDoS

Postby Ralphy Wiggum » Sat 18 May, 2013 03:40

I'd get banned if I explained it. Promise to go into detail when I delete all my accounts

hottie_parms wrote:NOMy's intel must be wrong. He doesn't seem to understand my pure and utter hatred for Ralphy and his little guild in the 50s.
scyther
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: F:PIMP/RAVE
G:POKE

Postby scyther » Tue 04 Jun, 2013 03:40

Ill come back, if i can have my old account. The guy wont respond to my pms :grumpy:

Ex Poke missing the tall grass.

Return to “Gamma”