DS invades PUB, threatens crash.

Malchiah
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: G-DS
N-Legio/BOB/SLS

Re: DS invades PUB, threatens crash.

Postby Malchiah » Sat 09 Nov, 2013 08:09

This all came down to inactivity. We had a few who didn't launch, but overall the inactivity award goes to PUB.

If more PUB contested, we would not have won, plain and simple. Thank you. ;)

Doc Phantom
Guild: DS

Postby Doc Phantom » Sat 09 Nov, 2013 08:49

I know I wasn't sure who would win the pile till that last crash was over.
The teamwork and commitment shown by my fellow DSers won the crash against all conventional wisdom.

Gamma has always been the most active server I have been on, I can't remember the number of time's I've been ZF'd since the GLAM days but this server always had me coming back for more.

The low point---the DDOS backstab. The high point---the Riddle crash. My proudest moment---when we never lost a single player due to the DDOS backstab. That crash forged the metal of DS and made up the guild we are today.

Well done boys and girls, I'm proud of every one of you.

(Doc aka Buttercup Sprinkles)

hottie_parms
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: G: [PUB]
K: [quote]
Galaxy: Gamma

Postby hottie_parms » Sat 09 Nov, 2013 17:47

Normally, I'm not much of a sore loser. The last crash (http://forum.astroempires.com/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=111538), I think we all had fun, even though we lost.

DS probably would have won either way, but as I told Kraton in PMs, it certainly didn't hurt that PUB/STEEL accounts conveniently suicided into critical fleets. On the bright side, I can now say with absolute positivity that I have finally been suicided. It's never really happened before.

So, this crash left me feeling more bitter than I normally do. I really don't mind losing. I just prefer losing in straight up fights. But I'm a dying breed in that regard, as has been proven time and again.

Enjoy the derbs, DS. You'll be fed for quite a while. When your queues dry up...maybe there will be some small fleets flying around for you to eat. Remember, the key to a good farmer is to let his crops grow just enough for it to yield enough food and seeds to keep growing and expanding. The key is sustainability, which you'll need to really focus on if you want to retain your diminishing food supply.

Doc Phantom
Guild: DS

Postby Doc Phantom » Sat 09 Nov, 2013 23:08

We've had that happen most crashes, accounts claimed to have been "hacked" and suicided with. Zen has been suicided into around 4 times (not sure of the exact number) on this server.

Then we had the DDOS backstab. That what you are feeling now is what every DS member felt after that crash. It was that crash that made this guild what it is today. Perhaps you could harness your emotions and come back stronger for it?

Malchiah
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
N-Legio/BOB/SLS

Postby Malchiah » Sun 10 Nov, 2013 01:35

I can't speak of the suicides since I'm not aware what happened. I will say that even with that, you outnumbered us a lot and had defender's advantage.

Can I ask why you chose to contest our landing in 35 rather than force us to come to you? We'd have been forced to waste precious fleet on inactive PUBs rather than being able to focus on only active people.

VORTEX_
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [DS]

Postby VORTEX_ » Mon 11 Nov, 2013 07:05

fendelius wrote:it aint over until Vortex King of Gamma sings... (or the da fat lady) either way... :scared:

Lol stop it already u silly orc, im not even involved in the crash. That old inside joke only u and me knows and a few others who read that forum post i made several years back that no longer exists. :scared:

hottie_parms
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby hottie_parms » Sat 16 Nov, 2013 22:56

Malchiah wrote:I can't speak of the suicides since I'm not aware what happened. I will say that even with that, you outnumbered us a lot and had defender's advantage.

Can I ask why you chose to contest our landing in 35 rather than force us to come to you? We'd have been forced to waste precious fleet on inactive PUBs rather than being able to focus on only active people.

Well, if you had landed in 35, you would have been 30 minutes from our blob at levi speed. We weren't confident in our ability to wake people up with only 30 minutes warning, given PUB's history of inactivity. So we decided having 3 hours warning between your launch from 34 to 35 was sufficient to contest.

There were some fleets that should have launched that didn't, and some strategic suicides into anti-caps. All in all, even if there were no suicides, DS was almost guaranteed a win, but we felt if we could take out the caps, we'd either have a shot at winning or could possibly win when more folks came online to try a second launch.

Malchiah
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
N-Legio/BOB/SLS

Postby Malchiah » Sun 17 Nov, 2013 11:15

It was certainly very close there for a while.

In the end, you still have more fleet (counting PUB and STEEL) and hopefully the server doesn't sim to a halt in the meantime. :D

DamnYankee
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby DamnYankee » Fri 03 Jan, 2014 03:55

Any excitement on good ole Gamma or is the grass keeping trimmed around the tombstone?

I blame Seldon by default.
Friends don't let friends play AE 2.0
LT wrote:...Hey I think am joining the Damn Yankee club so blame seldon...

Note to self: Intellectual debates with the mindless are truly pointless.
hottie_parms
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby hottie_parms » Tue 07 Jan, 2014 00:03

DamnYankee wrote:Any excitement on good ole Gamma or is the grass keeping trimmed around the tombstone?

Nope, nothing new. This last crash will be very hard to recover from.

Only somewhat notable events:
- DS and PUB have had a cease fire since the crash, it's expiring in a couple of days. We'll see if DS decides to try to make another run at the PUB blob. I hope not. :scared:

- I'm the new GM of PUB, cut a few PUB members recently, will be trying to whip us into shape so we can keep running and hiding from DS.

- STEEL is being STEEL in the 40s.

- Nobody else of real importance here.

Am I missing anything?

shortlivedglory
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: no thanks

Postby shortlivedglory » Wed 08 Jan, 2014 01:39

I'm sad I quit, then. Clearly there is an abundance of excitement since Poke fell apart.

grigri wrote:i have 1 levi (his birth was about 2 month ago) but it is so shine, so shine SO SHINE, that i can't send it in a combat!

Person012345: Every time someone tries to get p-rings before lvl 30, a puppy dies
most epic thread ever
DamnYankee
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby DamnYankee » Sat 11 Jan, 2014 04:38

hottie_parms wrote:- STEEL is being STEEL in the 40s.

I do miss STEEL first as an enemy and then as a member. For being a farm guild Oi was a ton of fun to be in.

hottie_parms
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby hottie_parms » Tue 14 Jan, 2014 18:47

DamnYankee wrote:
hottie_parms wrote:- STEEL is being STEEL in the 40s.

I do miss STEEL first as an enemy and then as a member. For being a farm guild Oi was a ton of fun to be in.

I've certainly come to appreciate STEEL's unique style. I used to get mad at them for isolating themselves to the 40s, but they've honestly got a pretty solid setup there. And a lot of them were awesome allies in the crash.

It's always nice when former enemies can become friends. It's something I've preached about in AE and having evidence like the PUB/STEEL relationship helps reinforce my point that anything is possible in this game.

DamnYankee
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby DamnYankee » Wed 15 Jan, 2014 03:52

hottie_parms wrote:It's always nice when former enemies can become friends. It's something I've preached about in AE and having evidence like the PUB/STEEL relationship helps reinforce my point that anything is possible in this game.

That is what I miss most about Gamma. You look at later servers and it is sad that only in rare instances does that happen. I really was still a new player when Gamma started and didn't know what the hell I was doing, but even so it was always entertaining with the changing politics and changing alliances. I know it is coming to a slow end here but it should be appreciated that Gamma retained its playability while newer servers are already dead.

Gamer798
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: R:[R.I.P] K2:[BMF] L2:[Kill]

Postby Gamer798 » Wed 26 Mar, 2014 18:38

Be or not to be...;crashed...that is the question :D

Gamer798 // Danzo Shimura // Death Parade // The Emperor
Everywhere and nowhere

Return to “Gamma”