End of an Era

Gamer798
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: R:[R.I.P] K2:[BMF] L2:[Kill]

End of an Era

Postby Gamer798 » Thu 22 Jan, 2015 15:06

Congratulations on the victory DS.
Very well done. Not one important crash lost in Gamma history.

Most of STEEL and PUB disregard DS for certain tactics, but past few months I spend some time on my nephews account (when I was "gone" from gamma) in DS before he departed few months ago. I must admit I was surprised no suicides were happening in the crash and that DS chose a fair fight in how far it could be of course.
DS was superior as always. I was there when Poke/zZz betrayed Core & DS and all crashes that came after (even a few before zZz/Poke betrayal).

The biggest mistake on the PUB side was to chose for leadership that lacked experience in direct blob crashes instead of choosing a council who both could cover the aspects of diplomacy and combat tactics. I should have eliminated the inside threat in PUB who infested the guild and weakened its foundations on believes that died 2 years ago. My friendship with Duran Duran got the best of me. Either way as I never rose as full leadership in PUB we had no chance at all to even start fighting a guild that is in aspects of that stronger then us. Only player who had information about DS or at least to give in was me. Those accounts won't be used any more so sleep on both ears. The owners will do as they see fit with those account(s). :)

It was a nice crash. It was close. 7 billion PUB/STEEL vs 6.5 billion DS. It was obvious DS was superior in fleet and activity, but when the Levi's died I actually believed for a minute we had a minor chance. So did some in DS. Considering how things were it is a fitting end for Gamma and instead of acting like you are speaking about your worst enemies let us remind ourselves it is a game and we spend about +6 years together in one server. Sure regrettable things have happened. As leaderships or intel players or whatever we had to make decisions who are regrettable and not always we have in hand what some players do. Like those first suicides on PUB in the previous crash. I chose not to suicide my assets. For a shifty player as me I never harmed DS in an ugly way and I am glad that in the end they chose for the same decision. :)

All by all it was fun. It is sad it's over in a way but all good things come to an end.

Well done DS. Enjoy your victory.

Gamer798

Gamer798 // Danzo Shimura // Death Parade // The Emperor
Everywhere and nowhere
Gorfmid
Guild: DS & Fat
Galaxy: Gamma

Re: End of an Era

Postby Gorfmid » Sat 24 Jan, 2015 07:26

It was fun, you guys had a great effort. You all might have won if your leader (empires) and redrum hadn't run. But hey, at least they saved their ships.

Gamer798
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Gamer798 » Sat 24 Jan, 2015 12:34

There are always those who aren't online or don't participate with this amount of members who participated.
They shot themselves in the foot. Whoever they are.

Everywhere and nowhere
Kraton
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: DS, LOVE

Postby Kraton » Sat 24 Jan, 2015 18:28

Hey gamer I am fine and totally used to you making up random things about DS, but dont try say that it was somehow because of DD that PUB lost. He did an good job with some seriously tricky situations, I cant imagine the headaches some of you guys stories caused him.

Hasta La Victoria Siempre
Gamer798
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Gamer798 » Sat 24 Jan, 2015 18:51

Made up or being unaware of are two different things Kraton. :)
Edit:

I don't blame DD not even once. He did his best to his ability.
Mistakes were made and we lost cause we lacked activity.

Everywhere and nowhere
Gorfmid

Postby Gorfmid » Sun 25 Jan, 2015 22:28

Gamer798 wrote:Made up or being unaware of are two different things Kraton. :)
Edit:

I don't blame DD not even once. He did his best to his ability.
Mistakes were made and we lost cause we lacked activity.

actually you lost because many of steel fleets decided to run or not show up. people who were online and active. if you look, you can see who they are easily enough. So ask yourself, why would you trust someone who only looks out for themselves?

one particular steel member stated point blank, he won't do a blob crash, ever. yet his fleet would have turned the tide. whats the point of having 100m + fleet if you won't use it?

in the end, pub was betrayed indirectly by people who could not, or would not, play as a team, choosing a solo life over the guild.

Gamer798
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Gamer798 » Mon 26 Jan, 2015 00:23

Gorfmid wrote:

actually you lost because many of steel fleets decided to run or not show up. people who were online and active. if you look, you can see who they are easily enough. So ask yourself, why would you trust someone who only looks out for themselves?

one particular steel member stated point blank, he won't do a blob crash, ever. yet his fleet would have turned the tide. whats the point of having 100m + fleet if you won't use it?

in the end, pub was betrayed indirectly by people who could not, or would not, play as a team, choosing a solo life over the guild.

Depends on viewing point either way you are preaching the choir :p

Everywhere and nowhere
Reverend Redrum
Guild: STEEL
WTF?
Galaxy: Nova

Postby Reverend Redrum » Mon 26 Jan, 2015 01:10

Gorfmid wrote:It was fun, you guys had a great effort. You all might have won if your leader (empires) and redrum hadn't run. But hey, at least they saved their ships.

Can't run from someplace I never was to begin with...You guys keep havin' fun with that rhetoric... :bleh:

- Real Ninjas drive Corvettes...
- When cooked in the Holy Mushroom Cloud, you all taste like chicken...
Gorfmid

Postby Gorfmid » Mon 26 Jan, 2015 07:14

Reverend Redrum wrote:
Gorfmid wrote:It was fun, you guys had a great effort. You all might have won if your leader (empires) and redrum hadn't run. But hey, at least they saved their ships.

Can't run from someplace I never was to begin with...You guys keep havin' fun with that rhetoric... :bleh:

kind of makes my point for me. your active, yet you left your guild mates out to dry.

SmokeytheBear
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: Many

Postby SmokeytheBear » Wed 28 Jan, 2015 05:29

Definite congrats on the victory DS. It was a well (read: dodgy/fackeryfilled/backstabby/lulzy at times) played server.

I would talk about some of the more...questionable..losses of my side, and the, *ahem, totally "legit" I'm sure play by the opposing side that drew so many tears from the widows of our billions upon billions of space pilots; But facts are facts, and they all say that in the end, DS won. I do not aim to take anything away from that work and achievement by Kruton and co (whoever runs that rig of llamas these days). I had a great time on this server spaceboatin' with mah e-friends, and trolling the not e-friends.

I think that I'll let that memory ride on.

Well played to all parties from start to finish, and GG. I'll be sure to turn the lights off when I leave.

Gamer798 wrote: I was there when Poke/zZz betrayed Core & DS

^This was fun AF, /inb4gtfoyoubetrayerrabblerabbleetc

AgressiveTurtle wrote:Ginger>Jew>Smokey The Bear

Best wrote:Dude Smokey, you're like chuck norris or something.
scyther
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: F:PIMP/RAVE
G:POKE

Postby scyther » Wed 28 Jan, 2015 09:31

Well done kraton and crew. Won the server finally....

This was a great time and I am sad to see it be over (even if i did quit years ago). Best of luck and shenanigans to all that made gamma so great.

Ex Poke missing the tall grass.
Doc Phantom
Guild: DS

Postby Doc Phantom » Fri 06 Feb, 2015 10:11

Gamer798 wrote:I was there when Poke/zZz betrayed Core & DS and all crashes that came after (even a few before zZz/Poke betrayal).

Gamer798

This was the time I was proudest of DS. This is when the whole guild showed what they were made of and when I first knew we would win the server.
No rage quits, no suicides and no recriminations.
The whole guild just got on with it, licked our wounds and readied our space ponies up for the next one...and the next one...and...

Well played STUB, it's been a great server.

thewoodcutter
Galaxy: Mira

Postby thewoodcutter » Tue 10 Mar, 2015 06:55

I would have loved to see that crash in action.

DamnYankee
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby DamnYankee » Sun 29 Mar, 2015 17:47

Gamma was by far the most fun of the servers I have played.

I blame Seldon by default.
Friends don't let friends play AE 2.0
LT wrote:...Hey I think am joining the Damn Yankee club so blame seldon...

Note to self: Intellectual debates with the mindless are truly pointless.
fendelius
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby fendelius » Sun 29 Mar, 2015 18:21

i agree :P

The wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears....ha ha

Return to “Gamma”