Latest game change is a joke

If you want to give constructive feedback about the game this is the right place (no discussing of warnings and/or bans allowed). Game feedback ONLY, if you want to discuss the forum, wiki or portal use the appropriate forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forum rules
This section is for game feedback ONLY, please don't post feature requests or your topic will be removed and you will be warned by a moderator.
Philosopher Cody
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: [NPO]
Galaxy: Alpha

Latest game change is a joke

Postby Philosopher Cody » Mon 20 Nov, 2017 16:00

Seriously raising the speed of destroyers and recyclers by 1, is not going to increase their usage. Maybe if destroyers had hanger space of 1 or 2 they might get used more. I will give credit for making the minor speed change, but there are so many other serious areas of this game that need attention and can use some work.

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Re: Latest game change is a joke

Postby Wlerin » Mon 20 Nov, 2017 16:09

Philosopher Cody wrote:Maybe if destroyers had hanger space of 1 or 2 they might get used more.

That's a terrible idea though.

leesmack
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: Alpha
Kappa
Rigel

Postby leesmack » Mon 20 Nov, 2017 16:47

Coming from the guy with the most frigs ever.... The worst idea ever
Last edited by leesmack on Mon 20 Nov, 2017 23:12, edited 1 time in total.

Cruel
Rajam
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: [CRUEL]

Postby Rajam » Mon 20 Nov, 2017 16:52

There is nothing wrong with this destroyer change. I find it good that something was changed if only because it's been so long.

Give Wizard at least a little credit. Hopefully more changes will come in time.

The Gene Pool Could Use Some Chlorine!
Carolus Rex
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: A : TTS
A : X.ORG

Postby Carolus Rex » Mon 20 Nov, 2017 17:59

Let me know when he nerfs the level 20 JGs and I will be happy with a speedupdate lol

Simcity
leesmack
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: Alpha
Kappa
Rigel

Postby leesmack » Mon 20 Nov, 2017 23:13

Rajam wrote:There is nothing wrong with this destroyer change. I find it good that something was changed if only because it's been so long.

Give Wizard at least a little credit. Hopefully more changes will come in time.

Yea give him credit for one the worst changes first. They should get better then right?

Cruel
TheHolyEmperor
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby TheHolyEmperor » Tue 21 Nov, 2017 05:00

This change problably happened because no1 will cry about how unfair the DE will be by having +1 more speed.

/closed :ban:
PowerVerde
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: A: 42AO
H: LOVE
N: KING

Postby PowerVerde » Thu 23 Nov, 2017 11:51

Im glad with this change because now I can send my De faster to the blob by several minutes.

The old noob, not necessarily the oldest ;)
Witch-King of Agmar
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: SPQR

Postby Witch-King of Agmar » Fri 01 Dec, 2017 23:06

TheHolyEmperor wrote:This change problably happened because no1 will cry about how unfair the DE will be by having +1 more speed.

Was literally the case I made to Wiz when I approached him with the idea. Was a small change that might impact their usage early game on other servers if it was going to have any significant impact at all. Was just a way that without much balance testing DE could be adjusted to be slightly more unique than they were before, regardless of whether or not that uniqueness translates into increased usage.

If anything this should give ya'll a bit of hope and maybe even a template for how to get any future updates pushed through. Look for small things that don't have a direct impact on people's in-game investments. DE speed change isn't going to make anyone on old servers suddenly want to swap specs, and it isn't going to push the few DE specs in existence over the top either while still being a buff.

Because of the way this game is played and that servers never close, any update you want Wiz to push through needs to have minimal retroactive effects on the rest of the game. Giving DE 1-2 hangar for example would make DE way too strong, giving anyone who already owns a stack a massive buff, and spitting in the face of anyone who built FR all this time.

If your buff makes it more cost efficient to do something than it was before I would bet it will never get pushed. Can't mess with the game that much when the server has been on for 10-11 years. Not sure why anyone would even want them to.

Ex-Guildmaster of the Octopus Overlords of old

VGM in SPQR
Rajam
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: [CRUEL]

Postby Rajam » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 17:36

I have refrained from even bringing this up because I'm sure it will be blasted but if your in the mood to make changes because a ship isn't used much you could always look at Death Stars.

:)

The Gene Pool Could Use Some Chlorine!

Return to “Feedback”