The level protection system is defunct and no longer fit for purpose

If you want to give constructive feedback about the game this is the right place (no discussing of warnings and/or bans allowed). Game feedback ONLY, if you want to discuss the forum, wiki or portal use the appropriate forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forum rules
This section is for game feedback ONLY, please don't post feature requests or your topic will be removed and you will be warned by a moderator.
The Monarch
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [RageX]
Galaxy: Alpha

The level protection system is defunct and no longer fit for purpose

Postby The Monarch » Fri 28 Sep, 2018 22:42

I like the last few updates, and I think they could benefit the new 2.0 server, Mystic.

Not many people - Including this evil monarch butterfly here - are happy with the current player level protection and you need to listen to your community Wiz and change how it works.

Here's two examples I've seen today on different ends of the AEverse, where people voice their displeasement..

I think the level protection system is broken as is, you can stay at level 29.99 and remain untouchable. My personal opinion is that level protection needs to be based on a percentage of your current level. Something like you can only attack people half your level and higher and up to twice your level.
IE: you’re level 100, you can attack and be attacked by level 50.01 to 199.99(sic)

fixing level protection and giving it a time limit until it expires should be the biggest and most needed change.

after that... hmm, maybe fix up fleet tax system for 2.0?
thirdly refund for when commanders die/dismissed? (a simple 50% XP rebate would be fine)

but yea, bases being destroyed is a huge no.
and sorry to say but I think you're in the minority for guild size nerfing. (though I'm inclined to agree with it I'm 99% sure it'll never happen.(sic)

.. If you changed how the level protection works, maybe your new server Mystic, might be a little more mystical than you think.

What can I do to you that life hasn't already?
KFCSajin

Re: The level protection system is defunct and no longer fit for purpose

Postby KFCSajin » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 09:58

I agree with level protection reworks.
With the option to score a beautiful pillage and not be perma occed for years to come is a sweet melody to old server's ears.

Mighty Mighty
Guild: your moms house

Re: The level protection system is defunct and no longer fit for purpose

Postby Mighty Mighty » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 05:00

@ Monarch, stop acting like you are speaking for the community. I don't recall electing your dumb *beep* to be my voice.

Return to “Feedback”