Speed/Round Server Feedback

If you want to give constructive feedback about the game this is the right place (no discussing of warnings and/or bans allowed). Game feedback ONLY, if you want to discuss the forum, wiki or portal use the appropriate forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forum rules
This section is for game feedback ONLY, please don't post feature requests or your topic will be removed and you will be warned by a moderator.
Fluttershy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Speed/Round Server Feedback

Postby Fluttershy » Mon 26 Sep, 2011 07:06

Just two questions about the next speed server:
How long will the down time be in between rounds?
Will the settings be dramatically different next time around?

To expand on my last question, I've been wondering if the timescale multiplied 3 times seems kind of like no big deal. Sure, I love the 20 player limit guild rule (something I wish could happen to every server), but everything else doesn't seem to have dramatically changed. I doubt anyone would find any use for Tachyon much less reach that level of tech in a month. If the timescale was multiplied by a factor of 10 or perhaps 100 times, then this could possibly be the most excitement anyplayer could have in AE.

Abby Cadabby
Banned
Banned
Guild: ELMO
Galaxy: Juno

Re: Next speed server round?

Postby Abby Cadabby » Tue 27 Sep, 2011 21:09

Okay, I was already up for the first two days playing the speed server. 10 time sor 100 times speed would be stupid.

We had 8 bases within a day or so, I don't think it's feasible to speed it up too much more. Definitely not to 10x or 100x

Achilles
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Achilles » Tue 27 Sep, 2011 23:00

Abby Cadabby wrote:Okay, I was already up for the first two days playing the speed server. 10 time sor 100 times speed would be stupid.

We had 8 bases within a day or so, I don't think it's feasible to speed it up too much more. Definitely not to 10x or 100x
you dont want to build 500 fighters in 1 minute... on a single base? lol

Go Go Power Rangers!
Abby Cadabby
Banned
Banned

Postby Abby Cadabby » Wed 28 Sep, 2011 03:51

Achilles wrote:
Abby Cadabby wrote:Okay, I was already up for the first two days playing the speed server. 10 time sor 100 times speed would be stupid.

you dont want to build 500 fighters in 1 minute... on a single base? lol
With one shipyard.... lol.

I can't imagine how absurd it would be if someone could travel from Galaxy 29 to Galaxy 00 in like 1 hour.

Ikari
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Guild: NERV

Postby Ikari » Wed 28 Sep, 2011 11:36

We're taking feedback on how this rounds goes and will be putting it to use for the next round. Please do post all the feedback you have :)

Abby Cadabby
Banned
Banned

Postby Abby Cadabby » Wed 28 Sep, 2011 21:47

Ikari wrote:We're taking feedback on how this rounds goes and will be putting it to use for the next round. Please do post all the feedback you have :)
I actually really love the x3 speed. It just feels perfect.

The main issue I have is the fact that, even though it is considered a competitive server, not everyone gets an equal ( or even close to equal) start. Some people are stuck with slot 4 Tundras while others are getting slot one rocky moons.

Now, on a regular server I understand why people get different astros, but on a server that is supposed to be competitive, where everyone has paid ahead of time you could at least start everyone on metal 3s

fendelius
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby fendelius » Wed 28 Sep, 2011 22:41

i had a friend who tried to restart but since his level was over lvl 20 it just deleted his account. his name was mr. potato

he told me he thot someone hacked it, but itink perhaps it is a bug in the limiter for the restart button usually in a regular round if u try to restart and ur above the level u can do it it comes on with an error message, however i believe wat may have happend to him is he didtn get an error message and it just deleted his acct but didnt bother to tell him he couldnt start over so he lost his upgrade too --he was upset about it too

he plays in uixion tho as mash potato so maybe u can apply his messed up upgrade from saccidentally deleted account to his ixion sesrver acct?

The wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears....ha ha
Ikari
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Ikari » Wed 28 Sep, 2011 23:05

fendelius wrote:i had a friend who tried to restart but since his level was over lvl 20 it just deleted his account. his name was mr. potato

he told me he thot someone hacked it, but itink perhaps it is a bug in the limiter for the restart button usually in a regular round if u try to restart and ur above the level u can do it it comes on with an error message, however i believe wat may have happend to him is he didtn get an error message and it just deleted his acct but didnt bother to tell him he couldnt start over so he lost his upgrade too --he was upset about it too

he plays in uixion tho as mash potato so maybe u can apply his messed up upgrade from saccidentally deleted account to his ixion sesrver acct?
He'll need to contact support about this issue.

Xaman
Operations Manager
Operations Manager

Re: Official Round Server Feedback

Postby Xaman » Thu 29 Sep, 2011 01:06

Made this topic sticky and the official thread for the round server feedback. Let us know how you like it and what would you want to see changed for the next round.

Xaman
Astro Empires Administration
If you disagree with a decision of one of the moderators, click here to learn how to appeal
Fluttershy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Fluttershy » Thu 29 Sep, 2011 02:16

On the contrary, I believe speeding things up would be most exciting. Since we've got only a month to do our business, that gives us a very short time span to plot out any strategic goals. By that, I mean it isn't a realistic goal to tech to Planetary Rings, because by the time that structure is available, the round would probably be over soon and you've wasted all those credits you could have been spending on fleet, or armour/weapons upgrades.

Perhaps you should choose your words with exceptional care before declaring a suggestion "stupid" without any forethought. Getting 8 bases in a day is kind of the point of the speed server. I do agree that multiplying the timescale by a factor of 100 is a bit extreme, but a factor of 10 is surely within reason.

Mattzo
Volunteer
Volunteer
Guild: -Min-
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby Mattzo » Fri 30 Sep, 2011 18:05

Remember not all rounds will be 1 month long.

Tyrant. You're not supposed to pay so much attention to Bruskie's morale ambivalence... you are supposed to be the grounded one!
Ikari
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Ikari » Sat 01 Oct, 2011 02:14

Mattzo wrote:Remember not all rounds will be 1 month long.
Indeed, we started at one month to get things started. Round lengths will vary.

HighPrince Rohan
Guild: Delta: GRITS
C/E/F/G/H/I/J -quit
Galaxy: Delta

Re: Speed/Round Server Feedback

Postby HighPrince Rohan » Sat 29 Oct, 2011 19:27

Well, instead of changing the Speed rate for the entire server, what is the chance that you can increase the speed factor weekly.

First week x3
Second week x4
Third week x5
Fourth week x6
etc...

"He would build walls stronger than any stone..."

"Don't make me angry... You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."
battleWill
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: ST

Postby battleWill » Fri 09 Dec, 2011 03:49

2 points

1. Really wish the server had stayed one month, there is literally nothing to do now, we beat the only truly competitive guild out in a crash, they all quit, and now you have to combine the next top 5 guilds into 1 to make the fleet count even close to equal, if it had stayed 1 month we would be resetting and this wouldnt be an issue lol, honestly we are talking of splitting our guild in half to make some competition :) . Lastly more peeps need to play because when things are goin down its epic, call in sick from work good times :)

2. ARMOR NEEDS TWEAKED MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crashed happen so much sooner that armor levels cant keep up, even with the updated formula its hard to turn serious profit during fleet killing.

Ko Tung-Yuen
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: DREAM

Postby Ko Tung-Yuen » Fri 27 Jul, 2012 19:30

I haven't played since Round 1 really. I've heard/talked with people who play though. Heres some more input to give you guys on this joke of a server you call Ares.

With a limited playerbase, why, oh why, are you guys opening more than two galaxies? This highly encourages people to relocate and sim if they can't handle any fighting which people do and just sim. I'm kinda not positive, but i'm pretty sure the point of this was to be an active and fun server, not a pack your bags and relocate somewhere else after you get hit once server. With a playerbase of 100 odd some players theres no need for a ton of galaxies..

I'm not gonna lie, Ares is kind of a failure of an experiment. With such a small playerbase five rounds in a row, maybe its time you guys try something else? It was pretty clearcut the whole you have to pay to get in or win in the previous round thing wasn't very attractive. Maybe try a free round next.

I know you guys have been trying to fix things, limiting the guild sizes even more was a good move but still needs more tweaks.

Pasternak wrote:and i don't even know why i allowed this to be here in the first place must be masa's secret charm :s
My posts 100% represent whatever guild I happen to be in.
Andro: MBM

Return to “Feedback”