linking database with view activity privs is bad

If you want to give constructive feedback about the game this is the right place (no discussing of warnings and/or bans allowed). Game feedback ONLY, if you want to discuss the forum, wiki or portal use the appropriate forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forum rules
This section is for game feedback ONLY, please don't post feature requests or your topic will be removed and you will be warned by a moderator.
Baylor
Gold Member
Gold Member

linking database with view activity privs is bad

Postby Baylor » Sun 20 May, 2018 23:49

Hi, the new databases internal to AE guilds are pretty good, and linking these features with "view activity privs" is bad. Same with the Trade tools and all that.

In general I think that activity (+) priv should be selective and only about half the guild should have it, given to those who "need" it because they are very active in hitting targets in the local stronghold. Even so, usually I'll expect people to wait patiently and be with the guild and I get to know them for awhile before I give +.

That someone doesn't have activity priv doesn't mean they aren't trusted, just that they haven't yet earned it relative to people who have. But now with the guild quality of life features, everyone expects to have + and if you withhold "view activity" privs (which is extremely damaging if there is a spy with + privs) then people are sad. Especially now with the Trade tools, linking the guild quality of life features is just terrible really.

Solution: remove the link altogether so that everyone in the guild has access to Trade Tools and Scout Reports, or consider some options allowing for V/GM to hide activity privs on some accounts so that the new guy doesn't have eyes on the entire guild's activity profile.

important topics in Christian apologetics:
CrazynTough Kiwi
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: G2: Mayu
Galaxy: Lyra

Re: linking database with view activity privs is bad

Postby CrazynTough Kiwi » Mon 21 May, 2018 00:15

Wizard has said that he doesn't want to increase the number of privs available. With that in mind, I'd suggest axing the K permission and leaving kick powers to exclusively the GM and VGMs - the reason being that the ability to hand out privs and to kick people are both very powerful and are both member management tools given only to members who are trusted by the GM so they overlap. This would allow the non-overlapping inactivity and database privs to be split apart into separate privs.

Do you think this is agreeable?

AE Status: Zombie under the control of unknown entity.
Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Mon 21 May, 2018 14:04

Doesn't K also give the ability to view Recycler status?

CrazynTough Kiwi
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: G2: Mayu
Galaxy: Lyra

Postby CrazynTough Kiwi » Mon 21 May, 2018 14:35

That did slip my mind, but honestly that could be taken with K to VGM or wrapped into the new power or maybe M. I'm not sure which option I'd argue for.

AE Status: Zombie under the control of unknown entity.

Return to “Feedback”