Bases Occupation Unrest (coming soon)

If you want to give constructive feedback about the game this is the right place (no discussing of warnings and/or bans allowed). Game feedback ONLY, if you want to discuss the forum, wiki or portal use the appropriate forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forum rules
This section is for game feedback ONLY, please don't post feature requests or your topic will be removed and you will be warned by a moderator.
Baal
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Alpha[MaY]/Beta{CM}/Juno[Flow]
Galaxy: Beta

Bases Occupation Unrest (coming soon)

Postby Baal » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 20:34

so like the meme says lets talk about it

first and foremost this will do as the legend Chris Tucker sang in rush hour "absolutely nothing" to keep people from perma occing not only that but it pushies people who have their base OCC'd......Kinda the opposite of what you were going for Wizzard :wall:

"While a base is with unrest at 50% or more it have the Jump Gates disabled."..............So you get punished even more this time in your mobility to free your bases when someone Occ's your base for longer than 5 days? You can do what with Ease.......with the greatest of ease as the meme says
This was me when i read this

All in all from my stand point all this will do very little to encourage players not to perma occ it will make it to where i don't pillage someone every 24 hours i just take that first pillage and then Occ them for what 10 days? with a fleet that they cant possibly remove even with the Prod Reduction going from -%50 to -%30 then as soon as i can Occ them again for 10 days...............Now they get to build up a weeee bit before i come back and knock their legs out from under them again

i don't mean to come across as an a** hat here but when i read the notes for this new mechanic This was me
Last edited by Baal on Sun 26 Aug, 2018 22:22, edited 1 time in total.

Mighty Mighty
Guild: your moms house

Re: Bases Occupation Unrest (coming soon)

Postby Mighty Mighty » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 21:56

Well I agree with the reasoning... that is about it. They are trying to preserve their player base and servers from dying. That is commendable. Doubt that this will actually solve that problem. But it is good to know it is a concern on their mind.

If they really want that though just make it so players can't pick their starting galaxy, and cant restart more than once or twice a day. OR make it so EVERYONE starts at the exact same galaxy(s) and are forced to expand from there. This would definitely prolong servers lifespans and I bet players would stop quitting as soon.

Baal
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: Alpha[MaY]/Beta{CM}/Juno[Flow]
Galaxy: Beta

Postby Baal » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 22:29

Mighty Mighty wrote:Well I agree with the reasoning... that is about it. They are trying to preserve their player base and servers from dying. That is commendable. Doubt that this will actually solve that problem. But it is good to know it is a concern on their mind.

Oh i give Wizzard an A+ for trying something buuuuuuuuuut this wont do anything let alone that the majority of players have left the servers and game because of issues like FT swarming and Perma occing............this doesn't solve perma occing someone it just makes it more entertaining to toy with someone

If the Dev's want to slow and halt the exodus of players then a full fix to the FT swarming bull *beep* and a real fix for the Perma occing is needed not more half assed measures

WhiteKnight
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: =A=
SS
FTW
NøiSe
LOVE

Postby WhiteKnight » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 23:32

Am I reading it wrong or is it after base is held for say 10 days even once freed JG can’t be used for 6 days after ?

~ Retired ~ "And in the end it's not the years in AE that count. It's the AE in your years."
Santa Clause

Postby Santa Clause » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 00:23

Well, in all reality I think all it is going to do is cost them actual real world money as many of those players that perma occ will find it unnecessary to pay to play a game that caters to the cry babies and SeWi's, I've seen it happen in other games, now I just am going to sit back and watch as AE truely dies out.... Personally me and several other guildmembers I know of on multiple servers are no longer going to pay or possibly even play due to this update, so congradulations, there goes not only your upgraded player revenue, but also your ad revenue, as nobody is going to pay to advertise on a game where 95% of the player base only logs in once every few days for a few minutes....
Hell as long as we are catering to the whiners and complainers, why didn't you look at removing the lv30 protection for older players over say 50-100 days of account age in addition to this update, hell as long as we are looking to take all the fun out of the game, why not add a little more in!!! (NOT A FEATURE REQUEST, JUST SAYING.....)

SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: ASAE

Postby SEWI » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 02:27

Santa Clause wrote:Well, in all reality I think all it is going to do is cost them actual real world money as many of those players that perma occ will find it unnecessary to pay to play a game that caters to the cry babies and SeWi's, I've seen it happen in other games, now I just am going to sit back and watch as AE truely dies out.... Personally me and several other guildmembers I know of on multiple servers are no longer going to pay or possibly even play due to this update, so congradulations, there goes not only your upgraded player revenue, but also your ad revenue, as nobody is going to pay to advertise on a game where 95% of the player base only logs in once every few days for a few minutes....
Hell as long as we are catering to the whiners and complainers, why didn't you look at removing the lv30 protection for older players over say 50-100 days of account age in addition to this update, hell as long as we are looking to take all the fun out of the game, why not add a little more in!!! (NOT A FEATURE REQUEST, JUST SAYING.....)
it will be more fun now....i promise you...:)

Same name...same guild...all servers... :biglaugh:
xJudicatorx
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby xJudicatorx » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 04:48

So, after reviewing and considering for a bit, here are some relevant points followed by some conclusions based on those points.

First off, this is great news for EVERYONE because it helps catch people who occ their multis. The devs will know if someone is logging on and not revolting, and a pattern will quickly emerge - unless they do choose to revolt, and lose money instead of gaining it by only holding the occ 50% of the time and then hitting the defenses again.

The jumpgate thing is irrelevant to real players. It is simply that if a base is perma-occed, and gains 6 days of invulnerability, you can't use the jumpgate during that time. This is to prevent abuse, and will have almost no effect on anyone.

While farm guilds like ASAE will benefit from free revolts, they mostly stay in level protection anyway and never bother to build fleet. This will give them hope, but ultimately if they can't break a single fighter occ to free themselves, why think they could press the revolt button?

The REAL winners in this are the U30 trolls and the hardcore revenge players. The guys who got kickderbed for being a spy, or who lost the galaxy but refuse to go away, who stay under level 30 just to annoy whichever guild their grievance is against. Many times, these guys will stay at level 29.99, then build just enough fleet to go to level 30, hit your base, and go back to 29.99. They are not enough of a threat to neglect the rest of the server, nor can you do much to them anyway. As soon as your back is turned, they are sniping your trades. And of course, since they have all these credits from hitting bases, but don't want their account to grow, they just pour that money into more and more and more defenses. In the past, guilds have celebrated when one finally breaks level protection on accident and will often park multiple Levis on their bases to prevent ever having to engage those defenses again. But now, a 10 day wait means they are free to keep harassing you without consequence and the investment in breaking their defenses originally is wasted. Some guilds or players will likely start using active players to harass their enemies in this manner, and that means that stronghold theory will have to change to accommodate this.

I've seen a rich man beg; I've seen a good man sin; I've seen a tough man cry.
I've sen a loser win and a sad man grin; I've heard an honest man lie.
Mostly Harmless AE page on facebook
MyPetFrigtDied

Postby MyPetFrigtDied » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 06:25

Well, this still better than nothing, because last time I was played the game in Lyra(2013), I got perma occed too, which the person stored quite a bunch of ship on my base and defeated all my attempts to fought back, and resulted me to queue 'enough' of ships and wait, just issue was, the way AE solve perma occ in that time was to ban the person that can't do anything except wait, AE still was the only game in my life that banned my account :<

They did reply me how to protect my base better in the ticket though, AE still neat to me, although I indeed being confused and depressed for a since it was the only web game that I checked daily in that time xD

--
In other opinion I was bad player in general though, I like to play games with different ways, I ran solo base and see how far can it go, which render the issue turely unsolvable even 99.9% other players can easily solve it with foreign fleets, although I think the true sin was I never paid(which I'm not really proud of, did tried but I don't have any method available at that time), so basically the only good thing of me just to provide contents I guess, although I still failed the task, must admit I was quite hope the person perma occ me got banned too when it happened though lol

Fes
Galaxy: Ceti

Postby Fes » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 09:43

I'm just surprised that any of you actually understand that auto translated gibberish.
Wizard, could you re-word/re-translate the whole thing so it's clearer?

Fes
Galaxy: Ceti

Postby Fes » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 09:51

OK so I think I understand it. As I am hard occed in a galaxy with no other JGs, I now cannot send a fleet in, clear my occ and use my JG to leave so if I used stellar units, I'm stuck and if I use warp units, it's a month's trip home.
I like the changes but the JG one sucks balls. It deters the freeing of the base. I often look for my guild's occ'd bases & only free them if they have a JG I can use to exit once freed. Ergo, less bases will be freed by players.

naethel
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby naethel » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 10:50

Tbh the whole update is a bit difficult to understand as it is, and while i have sponsored something to help occed people i wasn’t talking about a free revolt button or a mechanic that can be used by U30 accounts to save them from their mistake of going 30.01 and revolt once they are back to jerk level range. I mean this is welcome for guys like asae and newcomers but i was talking about something that turns the occupation ito something less interesting and that gradually becomes easier to relief, but with an active fleet not a button :s whatever let’s see but i hope this mechanic gets followed next months by admin cause it might be game changing in positive but also net no swrver growth since it makes occing very non enjoyable with an inevitable revolt. I’m all in to fight vs my occed and see him have nice bonuses to their fleet attack thanks to unrest n etc giving that i am in advantage having his base, but free revolt button? A bit too much, 10% fleet power per unrest (or 5 + cc power) would have been more fair to both sides compared to this in my book, and a bit more realistic too

IrishEyes wrote: I'm not the guy who needs a huge fleet and player advantage to win.
8-)
jro

Postby jro » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 11:43

Fes wrote:I'm just surprised that any of you actually understand that auto translated gibberish.
Wizard, could you re-word/re-translate the whole thing so it's clearer?
its simple he dont know what the hell he just done ..if he had brains he would just make servers with more clusters ..you can nothave a war with a guild and lose then think its ok to stay in there strong hold ..your eco and fleet need to be safe if you carry on building in someones strong hold you will be food

if you really wont to make a change and have a chance to rebuild you need a safe place ..making a told where you can transfer a base to a new location will make it better for players to move galaxy/cluster after losing the battle for it .

when people hang around in enemy srong hold they get no chnace to build any decent eco or fleet without being hit they then hang around and end up quiting its the same thing over and over again ..be smart wizard make it more easy for players to set a safe strong hold he is just one man that needs to stop drinking tap water dam .stop being so blind

jro

Postby jro » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 11:50

Fes wrote:OK so I think I understand it. As I am hard occed in a galaxy with no other JGs, I now cannot send a fleet in, clear my occ and use my JG to leave so if I used stellar units, I'm stuck and if I use warp units, it's a month's trip home.
I like the changes but the JG one sucks balls. It deters the freeing of the base. I often look for my guild's occ'd bases & only free them if they have a JG I can use to exit once freed. Ergo, less bases will be freed by players.
thats what i thought when i read the jg part ..its like these people dont think before they do .. some times im wondering if they are just trying to kill the game off

leesmack
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guild: Alpha
Kappa
Rigel

Postby leesmack » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 12:45

Way too late for this game to try to save face!!! Let it run its course and die instead of the owners trying to come up with ways to keep taking ppls money who give it to them

Cruel
Santa Clause

Postby Santa Clause » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 14:59

So when are the rest of us "Perm'ers" going to get the ability to instantly destroy 25/25 pring'd bases, I mean hell the level 30 protection abusers that are the majority of my perms have their protection, the rest of my perms are turtles that I am holding till I get my losses back.
In my opinion, most perms are done for a reason, either the player was being a complete *beep*, the player was stealing derbs, the player was a spy for another guild, or us occupiers are simply holding it until we get our credits back for having to take their massively defended bases to prevent their guild from using their JG, granted, there will always be the select few players that get perm'd simply out of the fact of who they are (*cough* *cough* SeWi), but most of my occupations that would qualify as a permanent occ are held by less than 50K fleet (with the exception of those few complete asses on various servers)

Return to “Feedback”