Bases Occupation Unrest (coming soon)

If you want to give constructive feedback about the game this is the right place (no discussing of warnings and/or bans allowed). Game feedback ONLY, if you want to discuss the forum, wiki or portal use the appropriate forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forum rules
This section is for game feedback ONLY, please don't post feature requests or your topic will be removed and you will be warned by a moderator.
SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: ASAE

Re: Bases Occupation Unrest (coming soon)

Postby SEWI » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 03:01

Themis wrote:Carbon isn't at fault, it was a note to Sewi

heyyyyy...dont blame me for them talking about ASAE my friend....

we have nothing to do with it at all...its their own frustration i cant be blamed for...

or can i????..... :biglaugh:

Same name...same guild...all servers... :biglaugh:
ben.maxwell
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby ben.maxwell » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 10:05

swearengen wrote:
ben.maxwell wrote:
swearengen wrote:

True, but this new mechanic might force the newer servers to play more like Alpha. It suddenly makes it much more profitable to target fleet than perma occupying. Which is what Alpha has been doing for years.... The original leaders of Alpha that set about the unwritten gentleman's code, really laid out a foundation that has lasted to this day, that's quite an achievement since we can all technically disregard it and lead the Server into total anarchy like the new Servers.

To me this new game mechanic does exactly as described on the tin, it stops perma occupying and shifts it to what the game should be about, catching, killing fleet and growing your own Fleet.

This mechanic change will not or hardly affect Alpha at all, other servers will have to adjust and see that instead of farming a server to oblivion, their is another way to play.

Maybe
But what ya dont do is spend a few years killing your playerbase
Then think a hail mary of some basic changes
Most of what the players already were doing.
More importantly
Very stupid and short sighted to implement changes on pervious servers. How would the alpha players feel if game made changes that effected 90% of the player base??
Not hard at all to implement changes to take effect on future servers.
But then again
Wizard has proved multiple times how bad he is a a game owner/developer.

But this change has been implemented in Alpha.... It just doesn't affect us as we all play differently on this Server, so much so it has little impact.

I repeat their is another way to play than farming your opponents to oblivion and then quitting a dead server. We will only see the effects of this change over a long period, but I am hopeful it will create new Alpha type Servers, each still unique in their own way.

jro

Postby jro » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 11:54

not everyone wonts to play the way you wont them to play i dont even play alpha let alone wont to just be simming till there is a fleet for me to hit you might aswell make it so you can not hit bases this is just stupid i hope you wake up retards

jro

Postby jro » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 12:06

Baal wrote:so like the meme says lets talk about it

first and foremost this will do as the legend Chris Tucker sang in rush hour "absolutely nothing" to keep people from perma occing not only that but it pushies people who have their base OCC'd......Kinda the opposite of what you were going for Wizzard :wall:

"While a base is with unrest at 50% or more it have the Jump Gates disabled."..............So you get punished even more this time in your mobility to free your bases when someone Occ's your base for longer than 5 days? You can do what with Ease.......with the greatest of ease as the meme says
This was me when i read this

All in all from my stand point all this will do very little to encourage players not to perma occ it will make it to where i don't pillage someone every 24 hours i just take that first pillage and then Occ them for what 10 days? with a fleet that they cant possibly remove even with the Prod Reduction going from -%50 to -%30 then as soon as i can Occ them again for 10 days...............Now they get to build up a weeee bit before i come back and knock their legs out from under them again

i don't mean to come across as an a** hat here but when i read the notes for this new mechanic This was me

the truth is if they made a tool so you can go in vm and have a option to transfer bases to new location even if it took 10 days for a base to transfer to new location ..people would not mind moving cluster/galaxy after losing war for it then they will have a better chance catching up to carry on the war ..this new update just stops people being perm occed ...why do people be perm occed ? well maybe cus they have lost the war for the galaxy/cluster and they did not move to a safe place ..the only defense in this game is fleet if you dont have fleet your base defense dont matter some one will hit it ..you can only have fleet to defend from invasion if your guild has a strong hold .end of if there was more clusters there be more safe places ..even if you have to make clusters with less galaxys in 30 galaxys divided by 6 clusters that could be cool keep thinking wizard your not making the right move to saving ae players from quiting if anything your killing the game

ben.maxwell
Galaxy: Alpha

Postby ben.maxwell » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 13:05

jro wrote:not everyone wonts to play the way you wont them to play i dont even play alpha let alone wont to just be simming till there is a fleet for me to hit you might aswell make it so you can not hit bases this is just stupid i hope you wake up retards

But you can still hit bases... no one has taken that away from you. You can even keep going back to occupy the same base if you like, its just not going to be as profitable as hitting Fleet.

Stop moaning that you actually have to be active now, rather than lazy and piling fleet above someones base.... that is not a valid reason not to implement this mechanic. As you can still do what you have been doing previously, it just means every now and again you will have to re-take the base with full fresh defences....

SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SEWI » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 15:46

jro wrote:
Baal wrote:so like the meme says lets talk about it

first and foremost this will do as the legend Chris Tucker sang in rush hour "absolutely nothing" to keep people from perma occing not only that but it pushies people who have their base OCC'd......Kinda the opposite of what you were going for Wizzard :wall:

"While a base is with unrest at 50% or more it have the Jump Gates disabled."..............So you get punished even more this time in your mobility to free your bases when someone Occ's your base for longer than 5 days? You can do what with Ease.......with the greatest of ease as the meme says
This was me when i read this

All in all from my stand point all this will do very little to encourage players not to perma occ it will make it to where i don't pillage someone every 24 hours i just take that first pillage and then Occ them for what 10 days? with a fleet that they cant possibly remove even with the Prod Reduction going from -%50 to -%30 then as soon as i can Occ them again for 10 days...............Now they get to build up a weeee bit before i come back and knock their legs out from under them again

i don't mean to come across as an a** hat here but when i read the notes for this new mechanic This was me

the truth is if they made a tool so you can go in vm and have a option to transfer bases to new location even if it took 10 days for a base to transfer to new location ..people would not mind moving cluster/galaxy after losing war for it then they will have a better chance catching up to carry on the war ..this new update just stops people being perm occed ...why do people be perm occed ? well maybe cus they have lost the war for the galaxy/cluster and they did not move to a safe place ..the only defense in this game is fleet if you dont have fleet your base defense dont matter some one will hit it ..you can only have fleet to defend from invasion if your guild has a strong hold .end of if there was more clusters there be more safe places ..even if you have to make clusters with less galaxys in 30 galaxys divided by 6 clusters that could be cool keep thinking wizard your not making the right move to saving ae players from quiting if anything your killing the game

your truth only exists in your small isolated brain cage....

if you get stuck into your one fail strategy you will alwayz keep....failing

you dont have to move clusters if you looze a war...

if you dont war you cant lose it.....its a strategical option YOU take

if you are in all clusters from the start you dont have to relocate a thing....az you are already there...

welcome to ASAE.

we never win?....offcoarse we never do....if you cant looze...you cant win either...LOL

we are just.....there....trading....mining...recycling YOUR fleet....among other fun stuff...:):)

swearengen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby swearengen » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 18:11

Here we go again Swei making another post
Praising his guild and going off topic again

Fes
Galaxy: Ceti

Postby Fes » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 21:54

Ahhh, all the bullies are moaning. If you are perma-occing active players then you suck. If you are perma-occing inactives, it won't affect you. Get a life bullies and try hitting fleets instead of easy local bases and easy perma occing. Grow some balls - it's all these cowards ruining the server

SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SEWI » Mon 03 Sep, 2018 01:10

haaa...the topic.,...

please acept my apologies...with the above posts i completely forgot wha the topic waz...LOL

my vieuw on UNREST...

it gives people HOPE...

and as long as there is hope they will not give up that easily.

they still will have to push the button and queue their fleet after wizely.

besides the offtopic strategic isues i thus will not eloborate on overhere...

however most important they are to create some....UNREST.

if this waznt on topic.,..i dunno wha iz.

Winchester
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Postby Winchester » Mon 03 Sep, 2018 01:26

Thanks Obama.

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things."
Santa Clause

Postby Santa Clause » Mon 03 Sep, 2018 03:23

Fes wrote:Ahhh, all the bullies are moaning. If you are perma-occing active players then you suck. If you are perma-occing inactives, it won't affect you. Get a life bullies and try hitting fleets instead of easy local bases and easy perma occing. Grow some balls - it's all these cowards ruining the server

No, it is the level hiders and the turtles causing the perms, only point of attacking is for profiting or causing destruction, generally perms are the result of the server wars and us finding and wiping level protection abusers who accidentally break protection, also there are just some people deserving of perma's, *Cough* *Coughsewi*...
Do I perm? Yes, I do to those deserving, inactive, or after the server war dies out and we are left with few and far between targets, as well as those who happen to have a very certain 4-letter long Guild tag...
Do I like seeing players get run out of servers, No, its the reason most servers die out after a year or so
Do I think a magic "Release my base now and give me full defensive structures back instantly" Button for players is right? Absolutely not, but
Should they be allowed to get assisted in releasing their base? Yes, Absolutely, just not to that extent.

SEWI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SEWI » Mon 03 Sep, 2018 12:31

your contradictions are outstanding.....sadly i can not comment on them az they would be just as offtopic az your huge big fat crocodile farmer tears....:(

Robo

Postby Robo » Mon 03 Sep, 2018 15:39

I am of two minds of this feature:
On the one hand I am very happy that some thing is being done about the perma-occ crowd
On the other hand I derive a significant portion of my income from eating their occ fleets -so I am not sure how this will play out going forward
at times it takes me more than 10 days to spawn an attack fleet for some targets (and building moving a large fleet is much more difficult under the new scout /report feature)
Although I would have preferred more fighting tools I am interested to see how this plays out - Thank You Whis for the effort!
Perhaps the under lying problem with perma occing is the nature of the game itself -since it is an on going game with no declared winner and no way to win.
What happens when a guild becomes dominant? - many declare themselves the victors,the server dead and move on - some stay to farm the smaller guilds --Perhaps the perma occers are (conscience -or not) seeking a real end to the game.
Yet the game remains open to new players and they need to have the ability/tools to fight back - so if this is an never ending game of battle -lets fight not farm!

Carbon-1

Postby Carbon-1 » Mon 03 Sep, 2018 18:09

We need new features and content.
We don't need unrest helping the noobs that don't really play anyway.

Why don't they just make better more extensive level protections to keep lower level players safe?
I would be ok with that. I don't believe in perma occupying someone or hitting way below my level anyway, so making a more revised protection system would be much more adequate for the game.
Last edited by Carbon-1 on Mon 03 Sep, 2018 18:29, edited 2 times in total.

Carbon-1

Postby Carbon-1 » Mon 03 Sep, 2018 18:13

This unrest thing is about idiotic as the decision to put together astro legends, then ask us to fund its development while ignoring our requests was.

See, on topic, only slightly askew. ;)
You're welcome.

Return to “Feedback”