Astro Empires 4.0 Features feedback thread

If you want to give constructive feedback about the game this is the right place (no discussing of warnings and/or bans allowed). Game feedback ONLY, if you want to discuss the forum, wiki or portal use the appropriate forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forum rules
This section is for game feedback ONLY, please don't post feature requests or your topic will be removed and you will be warned by a moderator.
Sparti
Guild: N: WKYSBs
O: SUIT
P: Ah!

Re: Astro Empires 4.0 Features feedback thread

Postby Sparti » Thu 24 Aug, 2023 18:46

i get that you dont attack much(if at all) or even do anything other than stack rings and build goods so you're vast lack of knowledge on these things is quite apparent but those numbers for the most part arent wrong.

early invasions on clusters most have armour 23-24 hitting 5-10 ring bases, normally base fleet sits around the 1k-1.5k in fighters and a few shielded units(normally 4-6k in either HCs or BSs) to avoid being shield scraped. thats about 43-47k for a frig fleet in losses for the base hit for a level of rings. once you take away the 20% of firepower they lost the numbers would work out to what i said. Think only real difference i didnt mention was the 2nd set of rings the losses are diminished by about 35-40% in total but otherwise the numbers line up for that first set of rings, not that it makes the hit profitable with 2 sets of rings.

think you break even with pillage on about 145-155 econ for the base(in V4 with rings weakened) give or take since we dont know the exact damage and debris created total for rings yet but that figure shouldn't be far off.. but lets face it people will drop econ and you take a loss. once that second set of rings go in you definitely take a loss...

but to go back to the actual point... maybe we shouldn't be rewarding the defender for doing nothing but queuing rings? the fact a player can just stack rings and cash in the credits from other peoples investments into fleet is just silly. just promotes the idea of not bothering with fleet. its bad enough its near impossible to make profit on a galaxy invasion now you are suggesting we raise the loot levels so not only does the attacker take a loss on the hit but the defender gets paid for it lol

Virtual War is healthy!!!

Postby 111 » Thu 24 Aug, 2023 19:33

Sparti wrote:
Thu 24 Aug, 2023 18:46
i get that you dont attack much(if at all) or even do anything other than stack rings and build goods so you're vast lack of knowledge on these things is quite apparent but those numbers for the most part arent wrong.

early invasions on clusters most have armour 23-24 hitting 5-10 ring bases, normally base fleet sits around the 1k-1.5k in fighters and a few shielded units(normally 4-6k in either HCs or BSs) to avoid being shield scraped. thats about 43-47k for a frig fleet in losses for the base hit for a level of rings. once you take away the 20% of firepower they lost the numbers would work out to what i said. Think only real difference i didnt mention was the 2nd set of rings the losses are diminished by about 35-40% in total but otherwise the numbers line up for that first set of rings, not that it makes the hit profitable with 2 sets of rings.

think you break even with pillage on about 145-155 econ for the base(in V4 with rings weakened) give or take since we dont know the exact damage and debris created total for rings yet but that figure shouldn't be far off.. but lets face it people will drop econ and you take a loss. once that second set of rings go in you definitely take a loss...

but to go back to the actual point... maybe we shouldn't be rewarding the defender for doing nothing but queuing rings? the fact a player can just stack rings and cash in the credits from other peoples investments into fleet is just silly. just promotes the idea of not bothering with fleet. its bad enough its near impossible to make profit on a galaxy invasion now you are suggesting we raise the loot levels so not only does the attacker take a loss on the hit but the defender gets paid for it lol
I'm not sure what you assume about me, but I've attacked more then most people I'm fairly sure. So other then the fact you're including fleet as part of the calculation for base defense loot we can stick to the actual point.

The attacks are as or more valuable for an attacker, early game rings are unquestionably higher profit now, you have the equivalent return would you have had to wait until later in the server for as far as armor. The current spread is 40% debris 20% loot, this benefits both sides more and allows people to more easily leave their galaxies to make attacks as well as profit from the attacks. Loot and v4 ring nerf may lead to people at most building a single level high of rings then previously but it's definitely a losing strategy.

Players right now resort to content denial and account deletion because once they hit a bad spot they can't defend bases and can get farmed repeatedly. Bases loot doesn't make any noticeable difference to a player until they are already in a very bad place.

Sparti

Postby Sparti » Thu 24 Aug, 2023 20:04

not a assumption and no you havent attacked more than most when it comes to V3 servers so please stop lying to make whatever invalid point you have... you've been called out for it already in this thread.

a defending player should not benefit from the attacking players investment in fleet, its as simple as that. its a god awful idea to implement and its just going to lead to even more simming and very little action which we already have to suffer atm.

Postby 111 » Thu 24 Aug, 2023 20:42

Sparti wrote:
Thu 24 Aug, 2023 20:04
not a assumption and no you havent attacked more than most when it comes to V3 servers so please stop lying to make whatever invalid point you have... you've been called out for it already in this thread.

a defending player should not benefit from the attacking players investment in fleet, its as simple as that. its a god awful idea to implement and its just going to lead to even more simming and very little action which we already have to suffer atm.
I could be wrong but highly doubt many people have made over 1000 V3 base hits, Though I've only played the last 4 servers.

I think issues like galaxy distance and pumpkin layout are more likely to cause simming then loot. Also there is a trade rework possible in the future.

Postby 111 » Thu 24 Aug, 2023 21:41

A better framing for this discussion given that every attack in AE right now is a transfer of credits between attacker and defender, loot isn't 'giving' credits the defender doesn't deserve its reducing the amount of credits that the defender is losing to the attacker, the attacker still has the same incentive to take the credits but their is less of a transfer and more total credits in the system.

Sparti

Postby Sparti » Fri 25 Aug, 2023 09:08

you can debate it all you like but im yet to come across anyone who has the same thought process of you on this.

the loot system just promotes simming in most peoples eyes, you can get paid by just sitting there building rings and making money off other peoples activity and effort. Even more so if the defenders loot percentage goes up as per your suggestion on the increase in % the defender gets.

Postby 111 » Fri 25 Aug, 2023 17:49

Most of the people I've talked to outside of the forum have been neutral to positive in seeing how things play out. Overall disconnecting credits from armor has opened up more chance for early game content. There will always be people who turtle their bases but the idea of framing it as making money off people hitting you is completely false, you will still be losing credits having you base hit with pillage and trades no one is coming out ahead in credits unless its just reducing the damage. Making base hits less punishing lets people leave their galaxies to try invasions with a bit less risk then before.

Sparti

Postby Sparti » Fri 25 Aug, 2023 20:45

loot system as a whole yes but the defender getting paid off other players investment into fleet? no... that im very against. as it is configured atm i just dont see it going well and neither do those ive discussed and debated with on it. the fact you are suggesting the defender gets even more credits based on another players investment in fleet is just crazy. If a player invest credits into fleet and loses it all then yeah having that bit of loot credits to help rebuild im curious how that will play out but giving the defender credits based on another players effort into actually making moves and doing things? just no... you shouldn't get paid to sit and do nothing but fill your construction queues 24/7 while running goods 24/7.

people dont leave their clusters because more often than not there is no where to go thats worthwhile. Thats not down to the loot system thats the cluster set up and down to a pure lack of sides to fight it out. its the same scenario every server which is cluster pacts and blob staring waiting for the first cluster to make a move. its why a major cluster rework has been asked for now since Nexus, which is 4 years of asking.

Quasar
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Quasar » Tue 29 Aug, 2023 21:06

Vacation mode change is great! :clap:

Could consider increasing time to reactivate after exiting it to firther reduce exploits.

Thank you!!

I wrote this and this. I played for Enigma, WL, LOVE, SOT, 1st, [=L=] and other guilds.

Return to “Feedback”