Scouting Reports should show astro type

If you want to give constructive feedback about the game this is the right place (no discussing of warnings and/or bans allowed). Game feedback ONLY, if you want to discuss the forum, wiki or portal use the appropriate forum.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forum rules
This section is for game feedback ONLY, please don't post feature requests or your topic will be removed and you will be warned by a moderator.
Philosopher Cody
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: [{V}]
Galaxy: Alpha

Scouting Reports should show astro type

Postby Philosopher Cody » Thu 12 Oct, 2023 13:41

In the scouting report there should be an option so a player can see which astros are open (not colonized by another player) and the type. So when a player wants to build a new base they do not have to manually click through regions and systems to find what they are looking for.

Gysi

Re: Scouting Reports should show astro type

Postby Gysi » Fri 13 Oct, 2023 08:19

my 12 posts got deleted(? it still appears in my profile the number or hidden), lol. But I'm still mentioning space empires 5 that had this idea already implemented, it's worth a mention, since that game was severly underrated and wasn't even online.It had a planet list, with planet size and their resources, if you explored a system they would appear in that list. All I'm saying. and maybe was the only game I ever seen to have this automated feature. it could even order that table.

Space empires 5 had many other functions, it worked like a grand strategy game + 4X combo. really nice features, too bad devs didn't continue the work. Other devs may have a lot to learn from that game, even if it doesn't have the graphics like stellaris, graphic really doesn't matter... sort of

If you want to find out what my posts were made of and what happened to them, click here for the lost posts.
Last edited by Gysi on Wed 29 Nov, 2023 18:27, edited 2 times in total.

Richelieu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Richelieu » Fri 13 Oct, 2023 10:53

Gysi wrote:
Fri 13 Oct, 2023 08:19
my 12 posts got deleted(? it still appears in my profile the number or hidden), lol. But I'm still mentioning space empires 5 that had this idea already implemented, it's worth a mention, since that game was severly underrated and wasn't even online.It had a planet list, with planet size and their resources, if you explored a system they would appear in that list. All I'm saying. and maybe was the only game I ever seen to have this automated feature. it could even order that table.

Space empires 5 had many other functions, it worked like a grand strategy game + 4X combo. really nice features, too bad devs didn't continue the work. Other devs may have a lot to learn from that game, even if it doesn't have the graphics like stellaris, graphic really doesn't matter... sort of
Try thinking about your responses, in where you aren't babbling about other games. If you have a suggestion, keep it on point and without mentioning other games. Bring out the core ideas.

Your other posts were removed under:

3.2 - Don't go babbling about a completely different subject in an existent thread, make a new one instead.

"Carry on any enterprise as if all future success depended on it."

That being said, read the forum rules !!!
This Guy

Postby This Guy » Mon 23 Oct, 2023 02:55

This sounds like a nice feature, especially for new accounts and new servers.

I spent so long clicking on systems for the Astros I wanted. That reports section is the greatest feature this game has and it should be leaned into hard for more features, this included.

Gysi

Postby Gysi » Fri 27 Oct, 2023 17:33

This Guy wrote:
Mon 23 Oct, 2023 02:55
This sounds like a nice feature, especially for new accounts and new servers.

I spent so long clicking on systems for the Astros I wanted. That reports section is the greatest feature this game has and it should be leaned into hard for more features, this included.
True, it could be very helpful, here are the pics of what I talked about earlier, in case if you wondered how it looked like. Tbh, I think nobody here played SE5 or any other games I talked about anyway..

Return to “Feedback”