Deletions

Sage
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 424
Joined: Fri 01 May, 2009 06:45
Reputation: 5
Guild: H: SotL
Galaxy: Ixion
Location: Puerto Rico
Contact:

Re: Deletions

Postby Sage » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 00:39

Lyra wrote:A question we ask ourselves fairly frequently, yet the deliveries continue...

On a serious note:
if your guild sucks, fix it - don't try and join mine. Our plan is quite definitely not to absorb all the half decent players leaving only the naive and incompetent.
If it sucks to be in your guild, them's the breaks, but things change - especially if you make them.
Read our profile - recruitment is closed.


See the problem is... Nobody can grow... for as much as we'd like to... We don't have any tools left, only to run, run, and did I say run? every time RD or LOVE come to town.

I understand this isn't LOVE or RD's fault, you guys just took advantage of the situation, that's part of the game. But let's face it, you guys are also hurting yourselves in the long run. Why?... if we can't grow... then... WHAT will you be feeding off in the next couple of months? I have tried to see if we could work out a server agreement, to try to breath some life, and thus everybody could enjoy the server, including LOVE and RD.

I'm not much to complain publicly in the forums, I suck it up and try to do what's best for my guild, keep our fleets safe so we can have a shot at growing. I have nothing personal against either LOVE or RD players, and have much respect and consider some to be as friendly as they can.

We need to face some reality, the current affairs of the server hurt everyone, including LOVE and RD. What will happen when you guys kill the remaining few big fleets not tagged under either of you or your allies tags? What will happen when K opens?

This hurts everybody, I would hope we could really sit down and come up with some sort of agreement. It has to be approved by LOVE, HIV and RD, otherwise... it's just words on a forum... I'm not asking for you all to disband... I'm asking that we work something out that helps you guys, and helps us medium, small guilds.

You all know how to contact me I'm sure...

-WW-

TheDonut wrote:By A.P. you mean super secret multis, becoming....real people. OMGZ U.F.P. ARE CYLONS!

H: SotL CO-GM (Retired)
speedyjonzalas
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue 19 Apr, 2011 07:50
Reputation: 2
Guild: [PrizM] OB1johnOB

Re: Deletions

Postby speedyjonzalas » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 16:55

I couldnt agree more,

I started playing with 5 other guys, all of which have got to above ten million a few times, been derbed and then rebuilt. The trouble is that when the big guys say just build fleet and win its not quite that simple. We all just get constantly recall trapped and have to start over again.

Out of those five guys four have quit in the last week as there seems to be very little point in playing any more. The only way to keep our fleets safe seems to be by keeping them in the air for 72 hours plus. Im now considering leaving as well as it seems i rarely get a day when I can have my fleet in a galaxy to make some hits before another half billion of love/rd/hiv comes in to visit.

Im active as hell and still have around 14 million fleet but whats the point in having it if i cant use it.

As sage says, the big three are only hurting themselves by doing this. The server is nigh on dead as it is - who are you going to kill once all the farms are out of the way?

Purge
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed 25 Nov, 2009 23:40
Reputation: 71
Guild: Ex (-o-), 1st
LOVE, King, Royal
Galaxy: Helion
Location: Stop Looking At Me!

Re: Deletions

Postby Purge » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 21:52

Total 15374 [17567]

I run at full prod 100% of the time. There is not a lot that can change the balance at this point TBH.

+1 - Hot steel rod of pwning

I am defo going to fight against Addex next time, but I do need to pray and make sure I don't end up in the galaxy with Purge, because, *beep*, that's beast. - Ghassy
User avatar
Sea_Dawg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed 26 May, 2010 17:58
Reputation: 16
Guild: G: Riddle
H: LoVe

Re: Deletions

Postby Sea_Dawg » Thu 23 Jun, 2011 02:13

13060 [14918]

Agreed. :D

Theres a big gap between purge and starlight and myself and delta who is about the same as me.

I hate you purge.

But yeah, our caps be getting pimp.

Quit all but H.
Sage
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 424
Joined: Fri 01 May, 2009 06:45
Reputation: 5
Guild: H: SotL
Galaxy: Ixion
Location: Puerto Rico
Contact:

Re: Deletions

Postby Sage » Thu 23 Jun, 2011 18:44

Purge wrote:Total 15374 [17567]

I run at full prod 100% of the time. There is not a lot that can change the balance at this point TBH.


Nice prod ;)...

But I wasn't referring to tipping the balance, nor giving any guild the chance to take out LOVE or RD... ^_^... I'm talking about a political agreement that will give you all more food, and allow the rest of us a chance to grow. Win/win :)

TheDonut wrote:By A.P. you mean super secret multis, becoming....real people. OMGZ U.F.P. ARE CYLONS!

H: SotL CO-GM (Retired)
crashscott
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue 17 Nov, 2009 15:38
Reputation: 1

Re: Deletions

Postby crashscott » Thu 23 Jun, 2011 21:22

WW ...you can talk till your blue in the face love/rd are happy the way things are .. i doubt they care about holding the server hostage or if anyone one else grows

Purge
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed 25 Nov, 2009 23:40
Reputation: 71
Guild: Ex (-o-), 1st
LOVE, King, Royal
Galaxy: Helion
Location: Stop Looking At Me!

Re: Deletions

Postby Purge » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 01:17

Not true. I make a point of lulzing at RD leadership every time they let a farm join them who has no fleet or let in a known failure who doesn't know how to full prod. Or chooses to tech whore over building fleet. Nothing wrong with tech whoring (checks own tech rank), but NEVER over fleet building. They all make sad faces, and say "Wasn't Me!"

+1 - Hot steel rod of pwning

I am defo going to fight against Addex next time, but I do need to pray and make sure I don't end up in the galaxy with Purge, because, *beep*, that's beast. - Ghassy
JGM2
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2011 03:20
Reputation: 1

Re: Deletions

Postby JGM2 » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 03:40

There are a couple of simple things that could be done that would make a very big difference for the little guys that are trying very hard.

1. Limit the size of hunting parties. If I only have to fight/run from 2 or 3 people at a time an active player can survive just fine. But when we are being stalked but multiple players it is only a matter of time before they catch you, or you are forced to put your fleets on long flights and they you can't do jack for the next week.

2. Let your members stand on their own. If I make a kill then I should not have 100M of your fleet show up to drive me off within hours. I don't even bother to look for target because I know I will not profit no matter how good the attack since I will not be allowed to claim the debris.

3. Stop the spying/threats. In my guild at least 6 people have received messages saying that if they don't give the location of X members bases or fleets they will be farmed. How many other have gotten the same and not said anything I don't know. At this point I can't think of any reason why the top three would even need to do this, but it is done just the same.

User avatar
Sea_Dawg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed 26 May, 2010 17:58
Reputation: 16
Guild: G: Riddle
H: LoVe

Re: Deletions

Postby Sea_Dawg » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 06:53

lol. That would just cancel out being in a decent guild.

None of those things are realistic.

Quit all but H.
User avatar
Lyra
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 472
Joined: Sun 23 May, 2010 09:10
Reputation: 34

Re: Deletions

Postby Lyra » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 15:14

JGM2 wrote:3. Stop the spying/threats. In my guild at least 6 people have received messages saying that if they don't give the location of X members bases or fleets they will be farmed. How many other have gotten the same and not said anything I don't know. At this point I can't think of any reason why the top three would even need to do this, but it is done just the same.


:eh:
We shoot you, we troll you, but we don't do that.
My inbox is regularly stuffed with unsolicited intel, true, but I can't think of any reason why my members would be sending that sort of message. Not least because due to a little activity called scouting, as you say, we mainly don't need it. And certainly not at gunpoint.
If anyone's trying to get out of work through that sort of thing I'd want to know about it.

I am, however, keen to see how the plan of crappy players infiltrating some of the bigger guilds is going to play out - suicides? or just dragging them down through force of inertia.... interesting approach either way.

Sage
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 424
Joined: Fri 01 May, 2009 06:45
Reputation: 5
Guild: H: SotL
Galaxy: Ixion
Location: Puerto Rico
Contact:

Re: Deletions

Postby Sage » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 21:41

Sea_Dawg wrote:lol. That would just cancel out being in a decent guild.

None of those things are realistic.


I actually need to agree on that... more realistic would be to respect war decs, and give like a week between coming out of a war, before being deced... That is more feasible... but what he recommended... /Facepalm...

And about Spies... they will ALWAYS be a part of the game.

TheDonut wrote:By A.P. you mean super secret multis, becoming....real people. OMGZ U.F.P. ARE CYLONS!

H: SotL CO-GM (Retired)
Sage
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 424
Joined: Fri 01 May, 2009 06:45
Reputation: 5
Guild: H: SotL
Galaxy: Ixion
Location: Puerto Rico
Contact:

Re: Deletions

Postby Sage » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 21:42

Lyra wrote:
JGM2 wrote:3. Stop the spying/threats. In my guild at least 6 people have received messages saying that if they don't give the location of X members bases or fleets they will be farmed. How many other have gotten the same and not said anything I don't know. At this point I can't think of any reason why the top three would even need to do this, but it is done just the same.


:eh:
We shoot you, we troll you, but we don't do that.
My inbox is regularly stuffed with unsolicited intel, true, but I can't think of any reason why my members would be sending that sort of message. Not least because due to a little activity called scouting, as you say, we mainly don't need it. And certainly not at gunpoint.
If anyone's trying to get out of work through that sort of thing I'd want to know about it.

I am, however, keen to see how the plan of crappy players infiltrating some of the bigger guilds is going to play out - suicides? or just dragging them down through force of inertia.... interesting approach either way.


I really doubt that suicides can be of any effect on LOVE/RD/HIV... maybe on any other guild...

TheDonut wrote:By A.P. you mean super secret multis, becoming....real people. OMGZ U.F.P. ARE CYLONS!

H: SotL CO-GM (Retired)
User avatar
Sea_Dawg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed 26 May, 2010 17:58
Reputation: 16
Guild: G: Riddle
H: LoVe

Re: Deletions

Postby Sea_Dawg » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 05:31

Like a boss.

Quit all but H.
User avatar
DamnYankee
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon 19 Apr, 2010 03:19
Reputation: 25

Re: Deletions

Postby DamnYankee » Tue 28 Jun, 2011 02:18

Suicide rage quit FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I blame Seldon by default.
Friends don't let friends play AE 2.0
LT wrote:...Hey I think am joining the Damn Yankee club so blame seldon...

Note to self: Intellectual debates with the mindless are truly pointless.
-Benji-
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 2178
Joined: Tue 02 Dec, 2008 07:23
Reputation: 95
Guild: lolwut

Re: Deletions

Postby -Benji- » Sun 03 Jul, 2011 02:16

14100 [16737]

Not quite as monstrous as Purge/Starlight/Carmine are, but I'd say I've got a pretty decent prod.

Base 21 sure helps :P

I root for the home team.

Return to “Helion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests