Food for Thought: Current Political structure of Helion

fendelius
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Food for Thought: Current Political structure of Helion

Postby fendelius » Thu 20 Oct, 2011 09:59

i haf never heard of sage hes a nobody as it says in his signature hes just making a stink recruiting for L server

now recently in many serverfs SotL has reappeared but ;its not all the same ppl and so i look at SotL as if they are the UFPs of the serves. they have a name ppl recognize it and they know its a farm. end of story

oh and let me add zerging up over 100 members aint gonna help u...

The wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears....ha ha
Sage
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: H: SotL
Galaxy: Ixion

Postby Sage » Thu 20 Oct, 2011 22:17

fendelius wrote:i haf never heard of sage hes a nobody as it says in his signature hes just making a stink recruiting for L server

now recently in many serverfs SotL has reappeared but ;its not all the same ppl and so i look at SotL as if they are the UFPs of the serves. they have a name ppl recognize it and they know its a farm. end of story

oh and let me add zerging up over 100 members aint gonna help u...
What?... I'm not recruitng for L... I think you mistook me for Astro Zombie....

I'am, and have been the GM of Sword of the Lord Helion for 1.5 years now... whether as SWORG SotL or SØtL...

As for the Zergging... what.. can't we have a house party with our friends from other guilds? lol

TheDonut wrote:By A.P. you mean super secret multis, becoming....real people. OMGZ U.F.P. ARE CYLONS!
H: SotL CO-GM (Retired)
Mr Brass
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [RD]
Galaxy: Helion

Postby Mr Brass » Fri 21 Oct, 2011 05:15

Purge wrote:We also appreciate GOON style and sense of humor. Plus they've never whined to us about anything that I can think of even once.
I'd second this. We aren't pacted with them in any way and will shoot them at any given opportunity for creds, but those cats are pretty funny, have good personalities and I've never heard them [*] about much of anything really. They seem to just enjoy the game and each other.
Last edited by AJam on Fri 21 Oct, 2011 11:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Filter Bypass Removed

AstroZombie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guild: Gaia [18]
Hydra [Hive]

Postby AstroZombie » Fri 21 Oct, 2011 06:02

Mr Brass wrote:
Purge wrote:We also appreciate GOON style and sense of humor. Plus they've never whined to us about anything that I can think of even once.
I'd second this. We aren't pacted with them in any way and will shoot them at any given opportunity for creds, but those cats are pretty funny, have good personalities and I've never heard them [*] about much of anything really. They seem to just enjoy the game and each other.
from some of the stories I've heard i would say they REALLLLY! enjoy each other.
Last edited by AJam on Fri 21 Oct, 2011 11:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quoted Bypass Removed

Violence: If its not solving all your problems, you simply aren't using enough of it

~F:ex Trick/WoG H:ex Love/AFK I:ex OSHI/WL K:ex SoT/AFK² O:ex SUIT P:ex Royal G2: 18 H2: HIVE~
Starlight Glimmer
Guild: PaL

Postby Starlight Glimmer » Fri 21 Oct, 2011 23:00

The pacts are made to farm guilds easier, they aren't needed, but they sure help with a ''hit and run with the gold'' tactics.

In return, a specific guild won't pwn them, the other 2 guilds may not be allied to the smaller guild delivering a specific service.

Take note, they don't have the entire server as a stronghold for them, use this to your advantage and grow in whatever guild controls the galaxy cluster you're at, take the usual advice to surviving into account, and you can safely grow and co-exist with the triads, you don't need a pact to keep yourself out of situations you can't control.

Mr Brass
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [RD]
Galaxy: Helion

Postby Mr Brass » Sat 22 Oct, 2011 00:17

AstroZombie wrote:
Mr Brass wrote:
from some of the stories I've heard i would say they REALLLLY! enjoy each other.
Ya, I realized I should have made that joke as soon as I hit submit. Figured it was good enough to go to the trouble to edit. :D

Sage
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: H: SotL

Postby Sage » Sat 22 Oct, 2011 01:56

Mr Brass wrote:
AstroZombie wrote:
Mr Brass wrote:
Ya, I realized I should have made that joke as soon as I hit submit. Figured it was good enough to go to the trouble to edit. :D
Good enough for the Yellow :P?

TheDonut wrote:By A.P. you mean super secret multis, becoming....real people. OMGZ U.F.P. ARE CYLONS!
H: SotL CO-GM (Retired)
DemonReaper
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Guild: [SotL]

Postby DemonReaper » Sat 22 Oct, 2011 23:11

AstroZombie wrote: i may not know you, but any one who thinks they can make an impact on a server thats already over a year old is an idiot.
I started a day zero account on alpha on new years day 2008 and had turned that 1 new recruit at a time into the 3 guild family I left on June 2009. They are now mostly 13th/9th/11th now.

I recently decided to try a similar thing on Ixion. I was co-GM on Helion before leaving in June 2009, I've recently returned. Time will tell what impact SotL makes, but it has a popular following either way

-DemonReaper
Diplomat for 9th Raven Corps
Founder and GM for Sword of the Lord
Quasar
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Quasar » Thu 27 Oct, 2011 06:18

I've been off helion for about a month, but i would bet this is still accurate-

GOON has done things for LOVE in the past (JGs, intel, being on our side during the second server war), and has never done anything to piss LOVE off. Whenever they start *beep* in the 40s they offer us the chance to be involved if we want to, but they do not whine or moan if we choose to stay out of it. That I think is really important - the GOON friendship isn't a "what can you do for us" thing.

I wrote this and this. I played for Enigma, WL, LOVE, SOT, 1st, [=L=] and other guilds.
Enki
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Galaxy: Kappa

Postby Enki » Wed 02 Nov, 2011 21:51

we too think GOON are a fun bunch, it's why we're also friends...

idk, this server is in a bit of a fog these days, that's true, but I don't think anything is hopeless at all. the balance is all out of whack but is that truly a problem? I don't think so. we don't really care about that. we have plenty of fun chasing/being chased by RD and occasionally LOVE so it's all good. I mean, what is this game for if it's not about trading fleets?

I also don't think mega-pacts of guilds ranked, say, 5-20, will do anything to change the state of things. the maths simply don't add up, the top 3 guilds have 3x the fleet that the rest of the server has combined. roughly. why would banding together do anything to change that? IMO all that does is 2 things: it paints a big target on the allied guilds, and it takes food away from ... well from each other..

better IMO to be friends with our friends, the friendships that make sense and have a mutual benefit, and take our chances with the rest.

we did get some lulz in BoW however, when after we declined SOTLs offer to join their alliance we started getting mass-cancellations of our trades with them. like it was personal, or something. in a way we appreciated it, as our trades with LOVE are more profitable and almost never get plundered heh.

~Ghost Council

Return to “Helion”