R.I.P BoW

Enki
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Galaxy: Kappa

R.I.P BoW

Postby Enki » Fri 23 Dec, 2011 21:11

It is with great sadness that BoW has disbanded and it's remaining active members have disbursed among various other guilds. After the last 5 or 6 months of mostly simming we decided that it was better for our guild to simply disband rather than sit idly and watch our queues slowly countdown. Some of us are still active here and have decided to take up with other guilds, but as a group BoW was simply no longer doing things together, so rather than fade into obscurity, we decided to voluntarily end our run here on Helion.

We are proud of what we achieved here in the face of at times pretty long odds. We never gave in to either the power of the top guilds or the futility of trying to openly fight against them. We did our own thing, the way we wanted to, and were able to thrive as a medium sized guild among the giants. We carved out a fairly successful corner of Helion and made it our own, and we hunted who we pleased as we pleased. We were neither afraid or cowed by the overwhelming power of the top three guilds, and we did not see what many call extreme imbalance as any impediment to our own growth. We were, in short, ourselves and nothing more.

We developed good friendships along the way - both with each other and with those in other guilds - and I'd like to think we played a small if critical role in the development of the server. Thanks to all my mates who provided many good times, and to those I am still playing with, I hope the good times continue.

cheers everyone

~Ghost Council
Lyra
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: R.I.P BoW

Postby Lyra » Sun 25 Dec, 2011 22:39

This is sad news.
Good luck to all those who stay and fight in whatever new configuration.

Wlerin
Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Guild: L:[USSV]
P:[AKB48]
A2:[(-o-)]

Postby Wlerin » Sun 25 Dec, 2011 23:10

Enki wrote:...disbursed...
*dispersed

You aren't making payments. Sorry, I've seen these two words mixed up too many times to just let it go.

On a more serious note, it's sad to see another great guild bite the dust, but you have to make what decision is best for yourselves and your players.

Here's to the legends of Helion past, and the epics of Helion yet to come.

Enki
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Galaxy: Kappa

Postby Enki » Mon 26 Dec, 2011 07:07

yes dispersed, thank you

although I did disburse a few credits to HIV before we broke apart, but that's another story ;)

~Ghost Council
Purge
Silver Member
Silver Member
Guild: Ex (-o-), 1st
LOVE, King, Royal

Postby Purge » Wed 28 Dec, 2011 19:09

Props to BoW

+1 - Hot steel rod of pwning

I am defo going to fight against Addex next time, but I do need to pray and make sure I don't end up in the galaxy with Purge, because, *beep*, that's beast. - Ghassy
gabanorix
Galaxy: Lyra

Postby gabanorix » Sat 14 Jan, 2012 16:59

u will be missed ;)

CETI,SMURF (LDS)
FENIX(LDS),OoR VGM
HELION,300(LDS), L (LDS) VGM 300,

Return to “Helion”