LOVE entertains H-IV

User avatar
Sea_Dawg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed 26 May, 2010 17:58
Reputation: 16
Guild: G: Riddle
H: LoVe

LOVE entertains H-IV

Postby Sea_Dawg » Sun 25 Mar, 2012 03:52

As you may have seen from the ticker, LOVE has just finished derbing H-IV's main blob in the lower teens. H-IV didnt realize we were incoming till 10minutes before we landed in system.

Over a billion fleet derbed. Mostly inactive apart from 1-2 players. 4 or 5 ran.

It was good to see people getting off their asses after so long simming and pull of such a quick, clean and well timed operation. Major props go to the main organizers of this op, Purge, Lyra and The Lost Bear. Also to all the people who scouted and did the little things to help out.

Pile was 829,037,131 debris at its largest

Hayley raped 143,038,330 fleet.

2.07 is final profit ratio.

Most LOVE players who participated should have at least base 21 or 22 after this.

Most likely we will now be sitting in teens for awhile, with the players who didn't hit in the crash taking profit from bases and fleets. Already one mini-blob has been derbed.


/signed Love Leadership

EDIT - Final ratio added
Last edited by Sea_Dawg on Mon 26 Mar, 2012 07:03, edited 1 time in total.

Quit all but H.
ScionHeraldBane
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed 03 Feb, 2010 10:03
Reputation: 0
Guild: UPA
Galaxy: Helion

Re: LOVE entertains H-IV

Postby ScionHeraldBane » Sun 25 Mar, 2012 03:56

SO happy to be on the giving side for once! GLOTR/IRL, H-IV!

To date:
LOGIC is winning the RUIN Detection Cup, with an astonishing 30 minutes!
Dread holds 2nd and 3rd, with a 0 minute detection time. Stay tuned for more updates!
User avatar
Sea_Dawg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed 26 May, 2010 17:58
Reputation: 16
Guild: G: Riddle
H: LoVe

Re: LOVE entertains H-IV

Postby Sea_Dawg » Sun 25 Mar, 2012 04:01

By the way, the "mini" blob that was derbed just after their main blob was 100mill

So between 1.1bill to 1.2bill lost fleet for H-IV.

Quit all but H.
MyNameIsStuart
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun 12 Sep, 2010 19:52
Reputation: 3

Re: LOVE entertains H-IV

Postby MyNameIsStuart » Sun 25 Mar, 2012 04:09

I still have no idea why they decided to blob? Was it an underestimation of LOVE activity or something else? Baffled to be honest.

Fantastic work to everyone in LOVE who where involved :wink:

User avatar
kirby
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 407
Joined: Sun 22 Mar, 2009 16:06
Reputation: 12

Re: LOVE entertains H-IV

Postby kirby » Sun 25 Mar, 2012 04:12

Sea_Dawg wrote:Most LOVE players who participated should have at least base 21 or 22 after this.


And those who didn't will be stuck at 19 :scared:

User avatar
Sea_Dawg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed 26 May, 2010 17:58
Reputation: 16
Guild: G: Riddle
H: LoVe

Re: LOVE entertains H-IV

Postby Sea_Dawg » Sun 25 Mar, 2012 04:14

We had derbed a miniblob in 15 earlier today. They thought we were in 15. That was just a few players going after some profit. Main blob had launched to lower teens.

As I said, they only realized we were incoming 10 minutes before landing.


Edit - And kirby, I am exaggerating on bases. Fair few may get 20-21. Some might get 22.

Quit all but H.
User avatar
Luna Wolf
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun 02 Jan, 2011 23:39
Reputation: 0
Guild: Gamma - [PUB]
Galaxy: Gamma
Location: Canada

Re: LOVE entertains H-IV

Postby Luna Wolf » Sun 25 Mar, 2012 04:30

Props to LOVE for getting in there so quickly undetected.

Sucks that we lost so much, I hope most people have the will to rebuild.

Ceti [HeiHo] - Fenix [Fate] - Gamma [PUB] - Helion [LOVE] - Kappa [INC]
User avatar
tallwhiteninja
Volunteer
Volunteer
Posts: 12576
Joined: Wed 30 May, 2007 02:39
Reputation: 225
Guild: Retired
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: LOVE entertains H-IV

Postby tallwhiteninja » Sun 25 Mar, 2012 05:45

MyNameIsStuart wrote:I still have no idea why they decided to blob? Was it an underestimation of LOVE activity or something else? Baffled to be honest.

*beep* it, I'll be blunt; we're not active enough on the whole to have done anything else (and I'm not the most active guy anymore myself). Even had the order to divide up been given (and it was being worked on; I guess the strategerists thought we had more time), the amount still left on the blob would have been quite substantial, due to relative inactivity and people just plain not bothering. There was no way we were ever going to put up even a remotely effective resistance, save for a small handful of players. This was inevitable; at least LOVE got it over with quickly.

Prolly gonna quit; I hadn't really been giving a damn for quite a while. I took out a few of Hayley's levis as I died, I guess...
Last edited by tallwhiteninja on Sun 25 Mar, 2012 06:08, edited 1 time in total.

LocoMike wrote:I told you guys the white ninja was awesome 8-)
User avatar
Sea_Dawg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed 26 May, 2010 17:58
Reputation: 16
Guild: G: Riddle
H: LoVe

Re: LOVE entertains H-IV

Postby Sea_Dawg » Sun 25 Mar, 2012 05:47

tallwhiteninja wrote:
Prolly gonna quit; I hadn't really been giving a damn for quite a while. I took out a few of Harley's levis as I died, I guess...



This made me lol, I'm sorry.

But yeah, we thought most profit would be to take you by surprise. Maybe those who aren't derbed yet will become more active.

Quit all but H.
User avatar
tallwhiteninja
Volunteer
Volunteer
Posts: 12576
Joined: Wed 30 May, 2007 02:39
Reputation: 225
Guild: Retired
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: LOVE entertains H-IV

Postby tallwhiteninja » Sun 25 Mar, 2012 05:52

Sea_Dawg wrote:
tallwhiteninja wrote:
Prolly gonna quit; I hadn't really been giving a damn for quite a while. I took out a few of Harley's levis as I died, I guess...



This made me lol, I'm sorry.

But yeah, we thought most profit would be to take you by surprise. Maybe those who aren't derbed yet will become more active.

When you get ZF'd, you look for the moral victories where you can.

Definitely a well-run operation, though; even with our relative inactivity only being spotted 10 minutes out is *beep* impressive.

LocoMike wrote:I told you guys the white ninja was awesome 8-)
User avatar
Sea_Dawg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed 26 May, 2010 17:58
Reputation: 16
Guild: G: Riddle
H: LoVe

Re: LOVE entertains H-IV

Postby Sea_Dawg » Sun 25 Mar, 2012 05:57

Yeah I know it felt like victory. I have been raped a few times and felt that as well.

You shouldn't delete :(

Quit all but H.
User avatar
tallwhiteninja
Volunteer
Volunteer
Posts: 12576
Joined: Wed 30 May, 2007 02:39
Reputation: 225
Guild: Retired
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: LOVE entertains H-IV

Postby tallwhiteninja » Sun 25 Mar, 2012 06:03

We'll see. Rebuilding's going to be a *beep*, and I doubt I have the patience.

LocoMike wrote:I told you guys the white ninja was awesome 8-)
User avatar
Destroyer of Worlds
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue 06 May, 2008 02:36
Reputation: 5
Guild: B: GODS
H: LOVE
I: $$$
Galaxy: Beta

Re: LOVE entertains H-IV

Postby Destroyer of Worlds » Sun 25 Mar, 2012 07:35

Sea_Dawg wrote:By the way, the "mini" blob that was derbed just after their main blob was 100mill

So between 1.1bill to 1.2bill lost fleet for H-IV.


Haha I can say yes on this :D I derbed it :D.

A: 42AO, B: GODS, C: HGNMY, D: FLEET, H: LOVE, I: $$$, K: DEATH, M: ~HH~, Elysium: MEDUS
User avatar
Star_Ravan
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 629
Joined: Fri 13 Jul, 2007 22:20
Reputation: 13
Guild: Ceti: Om~Lo
Galaxy: Ceti
Location: California
Contact:

Re: LOVE entertains H-IV

Postby Star_Ravan » Sun 25 Mar, 2012 08:15

Sea_Dawg wrote:As you may have seen from the ticker, LOVE has just finished derbing H-IV's main blob in the lower teens. H-IV didnt realize we were incoming till 10minutes before we landed in system.

Over a billion fleet derbed. Mostly inactive apart from 1-2 players. 4 or 5 ran.

It was good to see people getting off their asses after so long simming and pull of such a quick, clean and well timed operation. Major props go to the main organizers of this op, Purge, Lyra and The Lost Bear. Also to all the people who scouted and did the little things to help out.

Pile was 829,037,131 debris at its largest

Hayley raped 143,038,330 fleet.

2.2 profit ratio at the moment, although not fully calced.

Most LOVE players who participated should have at least base 21 or 22 after this.

Most likely we will now be sitting in teens for awhile, with the players who didn't hit in the crash taking profit from bases and fleets. Already one mini-blob has been derbed.


/signed Love Leadership

Congratulations to LOVE on a well executed operation. I had only just given the move out order because a) the RD nap had ended and b) you guys were freeing bases in H13.

Unfortunately, I couldn't do much more because a) I have a very demanding job, and b) I was fighting weather migraines most of this week.

I understand that the timing of the landing was nearly perfect. It's nice to see that kind of precision, even if my people were the target. I know guilds in Ceti that can't bother to do that.

Again, elegantly done.

Hrafn, H-IV GM

Destroyer of Worlds wrote:
Sea_Dawg wrote:By the way, the "mini" blob that was derbed just after their main blob was 100mill

So between 1.1bill to 1.2bill lost fleet for H-IV.


Haha I can say yes on this :D I derbed it :D.

Saved us the trouble. I meant to figure who was inactive and kick them, but the light from my monitor hurt too much. (migraines suck.)

Ceti: [Om~Lo] Professor Ravan Helion: [HIV] Hrafn <- Gone!
Carpal Tunnel sucks Yellow Cards Worn With Pride
Image
User avatar
JudeNasty
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue 08 Jun, 2010 23:14
Reputation: 13
Guild: L2: PM
T: TBD

Re: LOVE entertains H-IV

Postby JudeNasty » Sun 25 Mar, 2012 08:48

H-IV is where i first really learned anything about ae. I still respect some of the players that chose to go down with the ship. I became a vgm there 6 months or so into my ae career and tried to get people active. Activity alone has been that guild's problem for a long time. The main reason I switched over to LOVE months ago is because I was with them on newer servers and knew how committed and active their player base was. H-IV left me constantly frustrated and I have to say I am thoroughly surprised at how little resistance there was throughout this fiasco. Props to Luna, Harbringer and the few active players around that actually tried to defend and thanks for the most derbs I have ever had the privilege to pick up.


Return to “Helion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest